Give me your smoothie recipes!

Options
NatashaB8
NatashaB8 Posts: 202
Made my first one today - Banana and Peach with Vanilla yoghurt. It was good but a bit too milky, I still need to get the hang of this.

I am looking for recipes with avocado, kale, peanut butter, all kinds of fruit and veg (not all in the one smoothie though!)

I find it hard to eat all my calories so I was told smoothies are a great way to do this :)

Replies

• NatashaB8
    Options
    bump
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    bump
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I usually go for chocolate-y smoothies... My favorite right now is a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 3 ounces of plain Greek yogurt, a tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 cup of chocolate almond milk. I blend and then add ice to the consistency that I want.
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This morning I made one with:

1 banana
    1 cup almond milk
    1 T peanut butter
    ice

235 calories

sometimes I add 2 T PB
  • allison0102
    allison0102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fav smoothie:
    - 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    - 1 banana (I usually keep them frozen)
    - 1 serving of dark chocolate dreams peanut butter
    - water and ice cubes

Sometimes I will not use the peanut butter and I will only use half a banana and use a serving of fresh/frozen berries.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I made one this morning
    -1 cup milk
    -1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    -2 tbsp. peanut butter
    -1/4 c blueberries
    it would have been even better with more blueberries and I'm probably going to add in some strawberries or banana next time too and I'm sure you could sneak some veggies in too especially fresh spinach
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like really simple smoothies. I keep a stash of frozen fresh fruits (I buy fruits, slice them and then freeze them myself) and blend them with coconut water. That's it. Not ideal if you want up your calories intake as these are really 'light', though!

My favourites: strawberry, blueberry and blackberry.

Other times I add vanilla yogurt but it really depends on the brand for the taste, as sometimes it's too sweet for my buds. I absolutely love Brown Cow's variety.

I prefer soy milk to normal milk, if I do not use coconut water. And if I use milk, then I go for a full fat as the taste is better.

Keep us posted :)
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually have a green fruity smoothie in the mornings. i add a handful of greens like spinach, kales, - basically whatever is in the fridge and a few frozen fruits like berries, pineapple kiwi....again, whatever is in the fridge / freezer, carrots, beets etc. My liquid base is orange juice ( do not like yogurts and milk). It is super healthy and filling and about 80 cals in a 8 oz glass.
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Thank everyone! Got some from today left over but going to try a nice green one soon too to take to work to fill me up.

I am liking these ideas :) Especially freezing fruit!
  • picurn75
    picurn75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get a general idea for my smoothies from http://simplegreensmoothies.com. They have some great ideas and a bunch of variety. To almost every smoothie, except ones I have used banana and pb, I add a few sprigs of mint and some lime juice. This combo makes it so refreshing. I just experiment with mine. Good luck. If you find any good combonations please share.
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    I get a general idea for my smoothies from http://simplegreensmoothies.com. They have some great ideas and a bunch of variety. To almost every smoothie, except ones I have used banana and pb, I add a few sprigs of mint and some lime juice. This combo makes it so refreshing. I just experiment with mine. Good luck. If you find any good combonations please share.

Thanks for the website!

I will do, I have a board on Pinterest where I have been adding some recipes I will share :)
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    I made one today, a peanut butter, banana and chocolate smoothie!

I used:

1 banana sliced
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
    1 cup of milk

It tastes a bit too sweet so next time I am going to go for just 1 tbsp cocoa powder and maybe add another half banana! I tried to calculate it and I estimated about 400cals and 17g protein which is good for an after workout smoothie but a bit high in calories! Maybe I estimated it wrong but next time I make it I will be weighing it all out in advance!
  • HunterTrouble
    HunterTrouble Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup oj
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    Dash of vanilla extract
    1 handful spinach

Blend it all up. If you freeze the banana you don't have to put any ice in it.

It is a hideous green color but tastes like a creamsicle and fills you up until the next meal. This is a meal, not a snack.
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Peach Greek Yogurt Smoothie - Makes 2 smoothies, about 250 cals each (carbs 47 / Fat 4 / Protein 9)

225 g Frozen Strawberries
    200 g Frozen Peaches
    1/2 ripe banana (can be fresh or frozen)
    125 g Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
    1/2 Tbl Raw honey (or Agave syrup)
    2 C Vanilla Almond Milk (I use the 80-cal kind)
    Tiny pinch of salt

Toss in blender and blend thoroughly. Yields 2 smoothies, approx 18 oz each.
    I usually let the frozen fruit sit out for 10 mins or so before blending - they can be a bit rough on the blender.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm don't think this is what you're looking for, but my daily morning smoothie:

3 bananas
    2 cups of almond milk
    4 tbs almond butter
    1/2 cup of oats
    2 scoops of whey protein.

1120 delicious calories :laugh:
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I usually just throw in a couple handfuls of spinach, a banana and some almond milk (:
  • lulu150
    lulu150 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    One peach, squirt of lemon juice, half a cup of almond milk, five ice cubes, scoop vanilla protein powder and water.

Half cup blueberries, four basil leaves, half cup almond milk, five ice cubes, scoop vanilla protein powder and water.

1/4 cup oats, peanut butter or PB2, half cup almond milk, five ice cubes, scoop vanilla protein powder and water. Add a banana for even more calories.
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    Delicious smoothie that's healthy:

1 cup of kale
    1 cup of spinach
    1/2 medium mango
    1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
    1 banana (about 6")
    4 scoops Almased protein
    1 tsp fish oil

It tastes great, is filling without being heavy and keeps your caloric intake low. Good luck.
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today I had

130g frozen strawberries
    1 apple
    1 small banana
    FF strawberry yogurt
    20g protein powder (mine is not flavored)
    1/4 tsp almond extract
    a little water to loosen it up

for 330 calories for breakfast. It was yummy.

I also have one that I love that runs in the 400 calorie range:

1 apple
    1 banana
    1 package low sugar maple & brown sugar oatmeal
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    20g protein powder
    200g lowfat milk
    5 almonds
    handful of ice

It tastes like oatmeal cookie dough and is really filling.