DIET PILLS ADVICE PLEASE

Options
2»

Replies

• safiaq
    safiaq Posts: 21
    Options
    BIG THANKS - to all of you for your advice. I figured as much and FYI: I eat between 1400-1600 which is what I meant. Lots of you mentioned watching my macros and other stuff.... I have no idea what you mean - any further advice on that stuff would be great - thanks in advance ;-)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Macronutrients: fat, carb, protein
    Micronutrients: vitamins and minerals

Eta: search for the link to " in place of a road map" or maybe someone will chime in who has the link handy
  • dryder7
    dryder7 Posts: 24
    Options
    Check with your doctor 1st. Diet pills can raise your blood pressure & if u have a bp problem use caution. Step up your activity level & take the healthier route.
  • safiaq
    Options
    Thanks a lot, much appreciated ;-)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    don't take them, learn how to eat healthy food , on an everyday basis.. Look for friends that are fit and workout , look at their diary's and see what they are doing..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    save your money and avoid the pills..

If you are not losing on 2000 cals a day then reduce to 1900 for a week...

TDEE calculators are an estimate and are not going to be 100% accurate for you ..You have to find an intake that you lose at and stay with that...I know if I eat 2000 to 2200 a day I will lose...if I go up to 2500 that is about maint and anything over that I am going to gain....

You just need to find what works for you ...

Besides if you use diet pills and are not losing at 2000 cals..what happens when you stop the pills? You gain all the weight back...
  • janetdungan
    janetdungan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    DO NOT TAKE DIET PILLS OR ANY PILLS, EVER. END OF DISCUSSION.

Cut out your booze if you are honestly serious about losing weight and being healthy. drink alot of water, minimum a gallon, MINIMUM. eat as clean as possible. google "clean eating" and read up on it.

exercise regularly and keep a log of your activities and food to tweak where you go wrong.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    A doctor once prescribed me phentermine and it worked AWESOME.. I was never hungry so I could easily stay in my calorie range and tons of energy.. Unfortunately, I felt like I couldn't breathe when I would try to exercise which he said was anxiety, a "normal" side effect.. and I couldn't poop.. also "normal". Ultimately I only stayed on them for a few months because I couldn't deal with the side effects anymore.
  • safiaq
    Options
    MASSIVE THANKS to everyone for getting back to me XX
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    2000 calories/day is generally maintenance level. I would suggest a slight deficit, and not using diet pills. They're a waste of money