Chelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have cream of mushroom at home but really wanna use the cream cheese instead. I think it will help fool the kids better..... hmmmm. Can't wait. I bought a head of cauliflower (which I LOVE) to try this on the family. I think I'll have to wake up at 2am to make it in secret so they don't know what it is when I toss it on their plates though!
  • mprat210
    mprat210 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make these all the time and my kids even eat them. In fact I have cauliflower boiling on the stove right now for tonight. I use Green Mountain Farms Greek Cream Cheese and Yogurt.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I made my version of them this week with parsley, roasted garlic and half & half.. dang cauliflower mash is soo good..
  • eredmon8731
    eredmon8731 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump. trying this soon!
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JamieRebecca23
    Options
    i will be going to store tomorrow for cauliflower!
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mariajanet
    Options
    This sounds really good! It sounds so weird but I'm going to give it a try. I'm new to this but I see a lot of people post "bump". What does that mean? Thank you

Mj
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39
    Options
    Sounds great. We're going to try it. Would you be able to batch make this and freeze portions in food bags? Would I just microwave defrost them after? Thanks
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Why not steam the cauliflower and use a blend of mushrooms chop them up fine and some shallots sweat the shallot till its nearly dissolved the add the chopped mushroom, reduce till the moisture is near gone add to the steamed cauliflower and then mash it up either by hand or with an immersion blender.

And if you still want the richness add a little heavy cream and 1 tbsp of unsalted churned butter.
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39
    Options
    Doesn't look like we can get the low fat cream of mushroom soup over here in the UK. We can get "Campbell's Condensed Low Fat Mushroom Soup", would this work or does it have to be "Cream of..."?
  • Shiree80
    Shiree80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know! I've never heard of mushroom soup that wasn't cream of mushroom.

Sorry!

-Chelle
  • gbpacker001
    gbpacker001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • WilBSkinee
    WilBSkinee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump! Y'all are making me hungry!
  • robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I make Mock Potato Salad with Cauliflower, I put my cauliflower wrapped in self stick glad wrap in the micro and cook. Then I add my normal potato salad fixins. Light miracle whip, onion, pickles, eggs, a little mustard , salt and celery seed. Let set overnight if you can.
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump! Saving for later! :)
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later! :)