Bulky Arm Muscle :(

Options
So I'm 5'9" and weigh about 140lbs, and I'm trying to tone everything up. My arms are really muscular, and kind of manly-looking. I want to get rid of that but I don't know how. Also, my left arm is significantly bigger than my right, which is weird because I'm right-handed. Can anyone help me make my arms smaller?

Replies

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My arms always bulk up easily I think pilates & light weight is the way to go. I like my arms defined but not bulky so cardio and pilates with light weights is what I do for my arms and the rest of my body :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    *Sigh*
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Focus on catabolic activities that cause the muscle to break down like lifting heavy weights
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I will take them.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Put your arms in casts for a while. The atrophy will be pronounced after around 6 months I'd say.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I think if my arms ever got more muscular than I'd like (can't imagine that ever happening), I'd train arms less often, like try once per week... But IDK that would make me sad sooooo.... not sure. And I'd stop eating at a calorie surplus, which I'm not anyway lol.... Good luck :smile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Those arms are manly looking? :noway:
  • JidMarston
    Options
    Don't use as much weight, and do more repetition. This creates leaner muscle.

Also, because you are right handed, you have to work that much harder on your left arm, so you probably push yourself with your left more than you do your right. That is the only reason I could think of why your left arm is bulkier than your right.

Good luck.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Gonna need pics of your arms before advice tailored to you can be offered.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Also, because you are right handed, you have to work that much harder on your left arm, so you probably push yourself with your left more than you do your right. That is the only reason I could think of why your left arm is bulkier than your right.

Good luck.

#mfpscience
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    You could stop using them and learn to do everything with your feet.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Good luck.

wat
  • jackoninny
    jackoninny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ...fake profile
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Put your arms in casts for a while. The atrophy will be pronounced after around 6 months I'd say.

+1
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    So I'm 5'9" and weigh about 140lbs, and I'm trying to tone everything up. My arms are really muscular, and kind of manly-looking. I want to get rid of that but I don't know how. Also, my left arm is significantly bigger than my right, which is weird because I'm right-handed. Can anyone help me make my arms smaller?

What size weight are you using? try using a lighter weight and doing more repetitions.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Learn to live with it or sue your parents.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    *Sigh*

Is that rep making your arm bulky? Because you've been doing lots of reps all morning. :wink:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

My calf atrophied in 3 weeks on crutches, lost a good inch and half. Try this