Anybody else get sick from drinking soda?

Options
2»

Replies

• winniethepooh751
    winniethepooh751 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got sick from drinking soda the last time I had it. I was sick enough to miss an exam the next day. I haven't touched the stuff since then. You don't need to cleanse. Just focus on getting enough fiber so that your body gets rid of your waste in a timely manner.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Diet soda made you go doodoo? Youre lucky I have to drink the full sugared stuff for it to work on me...sigh.

I cannot partake in diet soda anymore though from the headaches.
  • KasiMarie2909
    Options
    I got sick from drinking soda the last time I had it. I was sick enough to miss an exam the next day. I haven't touched the stuff since then. You don't need to cleanse. Just focus on getting enough fiber so that your body gets rid of your waste in a timely manner.

thank you
  • KasiMarie2909
    Options
    You're welcome. Just keep asking questions, read the forums, and use common sense. People tend to overcomplicate weight management because it takes patience. It is literally as simple as calories in vs calories out.

And thank you as well
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you were throwing up, yes it could be the soda. However if it was diarrhea 15 minutes after drinking soda then it wasn't the soda that caused this. Even a laxative takes 4-5 hours to kick in and start working.
    I have never been sick either way from drinking soda, but everyone is different. Hope you find what it was because it could also be an allergic reaction if you were vomiting.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Okay first off, I'm not ignoring replies... I just don't see all of them because there are so many. I'm not a rude person. I'm new and it's hard for me to keep up with all of this.

Second off, thank you for the run down.

I'm just trying to learn okay?

A good starting point is here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/474-unofficial-mfp-faq

You will find tons of answers to questions you haven't even thought of, yet.

This is also very helpful:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

Be patient with yourself. There is a lot of conflicting information out there.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You're over thinking.

You will not stop a plateau by having a cheat day.

You can eat any foods during the week, so you don't need a cheat day.

If you do "plateau" for more than 3-4 weeks, you're eating too much.

This really ^
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Okay first off, I'm not ignoring replies... I just don't see all of them because there are so many. I'm not a rude person. I'm new and it's hard for me to keep up with all of this.

Second off, thank you for the run down.

I'm just trying to learn okay?
    Hey there KasiMarie:flowerforyou: Glad to have you join us on MFP... sometimes members like to jump on threads because they're bored or something and toss out silly advice (cough cough) or as one member shared.. sarcasm.

Listen to your gut, listen to your heart.. if it sounds rude, sarcastic, mocking yadda x 3... it most likely is!

Stick around and you'll find some incredible friends on here that will have your back and share their knowledge with you... sometimes the boards are good to get info. Some days.. well, not so much.. think it depends on how bored that group of members is. :wink:

I no longer drink soda, I was never a heavy soda user but every so often when I have had one it does make me sick to my stomach. Not in the same way it effects your body but a stomach ache and really feel bloated. Pop never made me feel that way in the past so I think our bodies learn what's healthy for us and what's best to stay away from.

Have a great night:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hearts:heart:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I'm really sarcastic and snarky, but I'd like to welcome you too. If you're open to asking questions and really considering answers that are given in earnest, but you also have a sense of humor and don't mind laughing at yourself a little bit, you *will* find plenty of people here to help you find your own way.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Regular sodas I can drink, but diet drinks make me sick.

Mostly I drink unsweet tea now. I don't need the excess sugar.
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me. I was recently taken off caffeine all together because it was messing up my gallbladder. The doc told me it is a diuretic. I would stop drinking it before it does any more damage to you.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me. I was recently taken off caffeine all together because it was messing up my gallbladder. The doc told me it is a diuretic. I would stop drinking it before it does any more damage to you.

It is only a diuretic when ingested in large doses.

Also, diuretics just make you pee more.
  • HealthyBy_42
    Options
    It doesn't make me sick but after getting so used to drinking water; I don't like the carbonation :P
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    soda always makes me feel bloated and kinda queasy, once i weaned myself off of refined sugar and went vegan, normal sugary things that i used to love now make me feel ill. Our bodies become conditioned to things, so its possible that your body may have just kicked it out of your system and is taking some time to get used to it again.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke when my stomach is upset...it actually helps settle my stomach.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    the bubbles make my tongue feel sick.
  • stacywx2
    stacywx2 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, my girlfriend has the same reaction. We figured it out - for her it is the high fructose corn syrup. She can drink (many) sodas with real sugar, but give her one with HFCS and off to the restroom she goes....literally.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yes, my girlfriend has the same reaction. We figured it out - for her it is the high fructose corn syrup. She can drink (many) sodas with real sugar, but give her one with HFCS and off to the restroom she goes....literally.

fructose intolerance?
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    <3 me some coke zero :P