I went from WW to MFP

Options

Replies

• VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've been successful with WW several different times in my life. I really loed it. BUT I like that this is very similar to that but FREE!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Oh yea ... I think there are a lot of us... I was successful on WW.... years ago, so this time I was just wasting money staying on. Don't know why it is so much harder now...(old age I guess)....in any case welcome to MFP - it really is a great place for support and ideas..

Pamela June
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Just logged on today to start helping myself more. Been working out 5x a week for the last three to four months and have barely seen the scale move. That from not working out at all. Anyway, i have seen inches drop and some muscle be added but I still need to lose a significant amount of weight (75#). I'm wondering those of you using mfp and who have dropped weight...did you eat all the make up calories from exercising? I'm supposed to eat 600 extra calories today based on my morning workout. I'm afraid of eating too many and still being stuck as I think that's why I haven't lost much yet. Any comments appreciated!!!!
  • GillSt555
    Options
    Hi, I have tried WW in the past, but this seems so much easier, and cheaper. Happy to provide support to anyone wishing to add me as a friend.
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi i also was on ww in the past but i am now using mfp .
    I found it by chance on a google search I am loving it.

Janice aka millionairesstv
  • millionairesstv
    Options
    Hi I dont know if this helps but sometimes you will see no change on the scales but an inch lost is a loss no the less.
    Also if you have be building your muscle this will weight more than fat. so an increase in weight is not always down to a weight increase.

p.s hope this helps

millionairesstv
  • millionairesstv
    Options
    well done you .
    keep going I am routing for you

Millioniresstv
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I switched from WW to MFP in February. I saw progress with WW but then I found MFP and I'm still seeing progress and I enjoy it more. I love the community aspect and I find it easier.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I found MFP looking for weight watchers on line. So glad I found it! Keeping track of the food is real easy!
  • suepeaa
    suepeaa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everybody, Im going to give MFP a try, I've done WW and lost weight, but as soon as I stop It just makes me want to eat all the things you can't have, I also don't like the way that they push their frozen meals - I hate microwave food and prefer to cook myself not eat pre packaged all the time.
    I've also tried SW which I found much better, I actually kept the weight off for 18 months and learnt to eat healthly filling food & cook without all the added fat, however I've just had a new kitchen which involved 3 months of building works plus I've managed to give up smoking so have put a fair few pounds on and need to shift it, so as MFP is free thought i'd give it a go, I'm in the UK and any support would be welcome
  • lyric1uk
    lyric1uk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK too!!

I've been doing WW for almost a year & lost 28lbs, so it has worked & still is working for me.

However I've swapped to MFP as now I'm maintaining I find calories easier to deal with than points...also the food database on here is a million times better than on WW!

I love how it integrates with Run Keeper...(it's playing up a bit today though with sending my morning run over!), wish it would work with Map My Run too as I have a mass of running routes saved in there!!

Sue
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I have done WW for many years on and off and did succeed; however, I did gain everything and more back. I have on MFP since the beginning of the year and it's really helped. Of course, I'm still learning. Feel free to add me!
  • evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a while but got burned out from counting points and feeling like I couldn't eat the things I wanted to eat! I transitioned over to MFP and I am so much happier tracking calories and macros this way.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also transitioning from WW to MFP, it seems pretty easy. I have a fit bit and I am never sure if they are syncing right and if my calorie count is right?? Anyone else have that problem?? Please feel free to add me!
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love weight watchers and have lost most my weight on it... however, it has made me really obsessed with food and it was just a pain having to calculate the points for everything!! I have been doing both WW and MFP for a while now, I would make sure I was within my points but then calculate the amount of calories anyway due to 'free' fruit and veg etc. This is my first week not counting points and instead just focusing on calories and already I feel a lot more relaxed about everything! I feel like I've learnt enough about nutrition etc to be able to eat the right things and get the balance right without having to point everything. I'm feeling hopeful!
    I'm still using the WW mentally though with the weekly points in that it doesn't matter if I go slightly over my calories or have a bit of a blowout one day, as long as I'm eating right most of the time and exercising.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was a life member of WW after losing 25 lbs; put it right back on after I hit "goal". Was paying $12 a month for the online version for the added weekly support and it was a huge administrative problem for them by me being both a meeting member and an online member. So when I moved to the country and didn't have the opportunity to join a meeting, I just relied on the online version. Couldn't last three days.

And who said fats are bad? Their points system seems to be at odds with good science. Glad to be with mfp :smile:
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just literally cancelled my monthly pass and thought to try this. I've joined ww over 18 times. The 3rd time I did it lost 90 lbs. It was great but short lived. I had a really bad series of events and just didn't handle them well. Ever since their "new plans" came out I can't lose anything. I don't know why. But after going to the gym the last few weeks I got tired of converting calories to points and paying $45 to do it. I'm gonna give this a whirl. Sounds like I'm not alone. :wink:

I think the free fruit and veggies are not realistic....yes people don't get to WW on fruit and veggies....but they are still calories and maybe people overdo it?

This absolutely what I did when I was on PP. I didn't have the accountability. I still eat fruit but now I'm counting the calories.
  • LavenderFlowers
    Options
    I have been on WW for a couple of years and I have hit a wall. Struggled with 30 to 40 pounds lost. It was costing a fortune every month. Don't get me wrong it is a good program but too expensive to do it. I loved my leader and the women who weighed me in weekly but the changed the meetings. The meeting I went to was now doubled in size. No seats left. Didn't get that personal touch any more and it was very repetitive. So I needed a new change as I have a lot of weight to lose. I friend recommended MFP. I like the calorie accountability. I like seeing the breakdown of calories, sodium, sugar and so on. I like having the daily support you can find on here rather the weekly support at WW. I'm still looking for friends for support and to give support.. Add me as a friend. :)
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I actually do both. One thing that always bothered me with WW was that it seemed so hard to tell about the quality of food you were having. Yes, the better the quality of food, the lower the points, but I had no idea how much protein or carbs I was having each day. It was too hard to tell the breakdowns.

Once I started logging things on MFP, and converted the info to WW, things have gone VERY well.
  • meliss110
    Options
    I was also on WW (lost 35 pounds but gained half back) and was thinking of rejoining but I wasn't to thrilled about paying the monthly fee. Now I've decided to take a different approach and try MFP.