Lesson from A-Rod ...

Options
MG_Fit
MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
Here's an implied lesson from A-Rod who was interviewed last night and said he has a really hard life...

It's okay to cheat when times get tough.

Thank you for teaching the millions of kids that look up to you that lesson.

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Cheating is never okay.

Do you have a clip of the interview?
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Thank you A-Rod....
    The more you know!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    He's taking the Lance Armstrong approach to this.

And, serioualy, made millions playing a game he loves. Really tough life he's got. He could have comfortably retired years ago and never had to work again.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    With how prevalent steroid use is in professional baseball, I would say the playing field is pretty level. For every all-star who juices, there's a few hundred nobodies who also juice. Just about every record that currently stands in the sport was set by someone who juiced.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Steroids are good for the game.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Here's an implied lesson from A-Rod who was interviewed last night and said he has a really hard life...

It's okay to cheat when times get tough.

Thank you for teaching the millions of kids that look up to you that lesson.

Sadly, A-Rod will play again; while Pete Rose......well, you know.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Was disheartened to see all the people (kids and adults) shown on Piers Morgan last night who were clammering for A-Rod's (a.k.a. Nim-Rod) autograph. Very disturbing.

Let's face it - someone who looks like he does, plays baseball like he does and makes the money he does could care less what his fans or anyone else things of him. Guys like that are used to being treated like gods and sadly his fans will continue to do so.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If someone came to you tomorrow and said I have a pill you can take that will make you 50% more effective at your job and guarantee that you will be rich beyond most people's dreams... would you take it? What would stop you from taking it?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    He cheated and that's not right, but I still think that they should stop with the anti-performance enhancing drug drive in professional sports. Allow the professional athletes to use what they want, and the rest of us will reap the benefits in terms of better entertainment and improvement in such drugs that could result the in open and honest publication and discussion of them.
  • MackLuster77
    MackLuster77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If someone came to you tomorrow and said I have a pill you can take that will make you 50% more effective at your job and guarantee that you will be rich beyond most people's dreams... would you take it? What would stop you from taking it?

Don't bring perspective into this. People are trying to be holier than thou.
  • scottaworley
    Options
    He cheated and that's not right, but I still think that they should stop with the anti-performance enhancing drug drive in professional sports. Allow the professional athletes to use what they want, and the rest of us will reap the benefits in terms of better entertainment and improvement in such drugs that could result the in open and honest publication and discussion of them.

This. Who doesn't want to see a 110 mph fastball get slammed 500 ft into the upper deck?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

You forgot to add the part that --> if anyone ever finds out that you take it you will be labelled a cheater, humiliated and fired from that job with the possibility of never working in that industry again.

Would you take it?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

Morals?
  • scottaworley
    Options

You forgot to add the part that --> if anyone ever finds out that you take it you will be labelled a cheater, humiliated and fired from that job with the possibility of never working in that industry again.

Would you take it?

50 game suspension (all that the player's agreement allows) is not never working again.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I am no fan of A-rod... and as a Mets fan, hate the Yankees by default... but really, this guy is not the villain he is being made out to be. Listening to sports talk radio or reading what people say you would think he is sneaking into peoples houses at night and stabbing children...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Let's see a surprise cocaine test of all of those sports commentators screaming the loudest about this, or the same test for all of those lawyers, doctors, accountants, etc. complaining about what a bad role model A-Rod is for their kids.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Who the hell is A-Rod...?
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna cheat then you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences if you get caught. Sure if someone came to me and said I could be 50% better at doing payroll during the day (which is pretty damn silly) and that would somehow make me rich if I took some pill I would probably take it. But if that pill then turned out to be a banned substance and I got caught I wouldn't blame the organization that caught me for trying to persecute me. I took something illegal and got caught. That's my own damn fault. And that's what A-Rod seems to forget.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with cheating if it would make me a multimillionaire