A fashion piece you have NEVER understood!

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Coach purses. With the "C" thingies all over them. Brilliant marketing to make 'em expensive enough to feel somewhat exclusive and affordable enough to make 'em accessible to everyone.

OOOO!! I agree...I hate coach...hate those stupid 'C's...they are so ugly!! I'm much more of a Prada girl myself...all that gorgeous leather...mmmmm
    :drinker: I agree..the earlier leather ones weren't bad, but all those C's are ugly and the brand name is very overrated! I think their shoes are even worse than the bags!
  • summerof1979
    summerof1979 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Jelly shoes, they were uncomfortable as hell.
  • araviel
    araviel Posts: 19
    Options
    Harem pants. They might be comfy (I've no idea), but you look like your *kitten* is going down to your mid-leg.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Ugg boots as anything other than slippers :huh:

I dunno. I kind of like boots of all kinds. When I say kind of, I mean.. I reallly like to see ladies in boots.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Jelly shoes, they were uncomfortable as hell.

I'm against anything that is uncomfortable!
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    Forgive me for not knowing but what are peplums?

asos-curve-exclusive-black-peplum-dress-in-lace-product-4-4180889-870359019_large_flex.jpeg

Preity-Zinta-Classy-in-Black-Peplum.jpg

These type of dresses look really nice on me. Though I don't like the scoop neck much. Prefer a sweetheart or v cut.

These look hot. What's wrong with these?

Theres NOTHING wrong with them!! Somebody mentioned not liking peplums. I LOVEEEEE them! And someone else asked what peplum was so I posted two examples :)

I love peplum! The above photos are the right way to do it.
    Here's the wrong way:
    kimkardash-png_184123.png
    kim-kardashian-peplum-pants.jpg
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans-hate hate hate them. Hated them back in the 80s hate them now and I can definitely wear them but would never choose to willingly.

I'm with you! I am a hippie at heart, I'd rather wear flared jeans or bell bottoms any day :) Since I am tall with big feet, skinny jeans look really strange on me. They make my feet look huge!

Edit: they look fine on other people, they're just not for me.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Forgive me for not knowing but what are peplums?

asos-curve-exclusive-black-peplum-dress-in-lace-product-4-4180889-870359019_large_flex.jpeg

Preity-Zinta-Classy-in-Black-Peplum.jpg

Thank you! I was reading through the thread and was like what is a peplum?? I didn't know it had a name. I looovvvee peplums!!! I wanted one ever since I saw Beyonce wear a red one for the VMA's awhile back (Kanye vs. Swift). You're right, they do look good on an hourglass figure, at least for me.

YES YES YES. This hourglass loves peplums too BUT, they have to be done right. I look for ones that nip in accurately at my natural waist (can be troublesome, I'm petite) and flow nicely from there to only hit at midway through to the hip. Sometimes they can throw a body way off balance :ohwell: But I love 'em when the proportions are correct. :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Capri pants with knee boots. Looks utterly ridiculous.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Why can't I wear socks with my sandals? looks great, feels better
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am not hating on these shoes but I do wonder why? Anybody wear these? Are they comfy?

five-fingers-classic-shoes-fushia-women-s1.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Yikes. I have a feeling that a lot of people on this thread would hate like, 83% of my wardrobe. But I'm always getting compliments on my style, soooo. Whatever ;)

I'm waiting for the mullet skirt trend to die down a bit. You know, the short in front long in back hem thing? Truthfully, I'm just bitter because it just doesn't look right on me. But I see other people wearing it and it looks great. But lately, whenever I go shopping, I find a whole bunch of really cute dresses and skirts but they have that hem and it just ruins it for me!
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Super high heels. If you have to wear another pair of shoes to and from the event, and/or can stand to wear them for only two hours, and/or have to practice wearing them, that ought to be a tipoff that they're stupid.

Oh, but they look so good! My only issue with this is, if you're not prepared to deal with the pain, don't wear them. If you're going to complain all night, don't wear them. If you are prepared and bring a pair of flats to change into when you can't handle it anymore and need to give your feet a break and if you've worn heels enough to know that YEAH, THEY'RE GONNA HURT, then go for it. Also, if you can walk in them. I will never laugh at a girl who is having trouble walking in her heels, but I usually feel super sympathetic and I'm just like "Oh, honey" and I want to help her.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    shorts with the pockets hanging down beneath the hem

totally disagree here but, I'm from the south and they are definitely accepted round these parts. :P

1541385-2-daisy-dukes.jpg
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

totally disagree here but, I'm from the south and they are definitely accepted round these parts. :P

I wear cut off shorts and the pockets hang out
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

Prove it! *smirk

I wear cut off shorts and the pockets hang out
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bolero jackets and sweaters. Don't get it.
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mullet dresses.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    A scarf in August. Those things looked ridiculous 8 years ago, they look down right stupid now.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Uggs.
    Crocs.
    Skinny jeans on men.
    Those shoes that make people's feet look like alien feet.
    Pants hanging off the butt. (expesing undies)
    Pants that are about 5 sizes too small in the waist. (I personally think people look a lot better with proper fitting clothes)

I dont know if this counts or not..
    Mullets on women.