A fashion piece you have NEVER understood!

Options

Replies

• dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Men's skinny jeans
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For awhile in the 80's, there was a neon phase. And not just one color, but your ensemble needed hot pink, yum yum yellow and a host of others.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    pajamas worn in public followed closely by rollers in your hair in public.
  • jmyrtle
    jmyrtle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Flip flops, they offer no shock absorption and are terrible for your feet.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    For awhile in the 80's, there was a neon phase. And not just one color, but your ensemble needed hot pink, yum yum yellow and a host of others.

I think the neon phase is trying to creep back in and I hate it. I'm sorry but I'm not trying to glow in the dark like a traffic cone
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Super high heels. If you have to wear another pair of shoes to and from the event, and/or can stand to wear them for only two hours, and/or have to practice wearing them, that ought to be a tipoff that they're stupid.

Oh, but they look so good! My only issue with this is, if you're not prepared to deal with the pain, don't wear them. If you're going to complain all night, don't wear them. If you are prepared and bring a pair of flats to change into when you can't handle it anymore and need to give your feet a break and if you've worn heels enough to know that YEAH, THEY'RE GONNA HURT, then go for it. Also, if you can walk in them. I will never laugh at a girl who is having trouble walking in her heels, but I usually feel super sympathetic and I'm just like "Oh, honey" and I want to help her.

Those fold a flats are great and so much easier to dance in. I am however a heel laugher I love going to clubs and hearing the girls b1tching. It's like bring a pair of flats honey...wouldnt you love to be able to dance the night away?

I still dont see why bunions are attractive, but to each her own.

One more little fashion FYI heels were originally invented as men's footwear.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hatred of the awesomeness of crocs

I do NOT like crocs.....................

they are plastic, make my feet sweat, and are ugly.

just my opinion, of course :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Clothes in general...we were born naked.......

:bigsmile:

You've got a good point there.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tights as pants.

This drives me crazy.
    I agree with Harem Pants (AKA Hammer Pants from the 80's), Off the shoulder sweaters that are both not really covering you and too short to be called a sweater, The shorts that are so tiny you can see the pockets and/or butt cheek, crocs as anything other than gardening shoes, jumpsuits on ANYONE and "shirt-dresses" that are only really long enough to be a long shirt.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    How about TIES. I don't get it.

Maybe because you're a woman but ties are what make suits great.

Especially bow ties. Bow ties are cool.
    Bow ties will be the central theme on Project Runway this week.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Skorts.

This ^^ and those jumpsuits you can't get out of in a hurry.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    "Designer" anything.

Even just the word bugs me. Everything was designed by someone. It's not actually descriptive.

And if the implication is that it's by an unusually skilled designer then this is contradicted by the fact that 'designer' jeans look exactly like a $20 pair of jeans from Sears.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    those giant rubber band lookin things girls wrap around their heads, when they're ALREADY wearing a pony tail. WHY?! it appears to squish your head in two!

My 16 yo does this. I asked her why, it's to keep her bangs out of her eyes when she's working out and/or playing hockey. Otherwise she uses bobby pins. She's growing out her bangs, so this makes sense. She doesn't do it when going out or to school anything like that, just exercising and sports.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I think the neon phase is trying to creep back in and I hate it. I'm sorry but I'm not trying to glow in the dark like a traffic cone

Yes! Neon colors bug me. Ugh

Also, there are several trends that if done the right way look nice, but when done the wrong way....yuck.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Bodysuits.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    pajamas in public

fedoras

high-riding baseball caps
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't understand and or agree with a lot of the things other people wear, but I wear a lot of things other people don't like or understand. I wear many of the things people have posted on the forum. Plus my opinion on what makes sense to wear changes overtime. Right now I do not understand people wearing clothes that make them look overweight, or more overweight than they actually are. Also I do not understand wearing clothes just for the logo on them, or spending a bunch of money on clothes that make it look like you don't have money to anyone who does not know that those clothes are name brand, also I do not understand layering any type of clothes for the look of it. I understand layering clothes in the winter for warmth, but not in the summer out here because it is hot. But people like what they like so I don't say anything to the people wearing the clothes, except when people say something to me first about what I am wearing.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    hated those pants that girls use to wear not so much anymore the ones that look like mc hammer pants
  • SeahawkFan1
    Options
    the whole socks and sandals fashion faux pas. clearly you shouldnt put both together because they dont go together. i hate seeing people who wear socks and sandals.
  • Moeincognito
    Options
    Peplum (tho I admit it does suit some people), Crocs, just no, and that's pretty much it! Actually shoes that are pointed like elf shoes!