Have you lost a few pant sizes?

Options

Replies

• wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I only have gone down one pant size so far - from squeezing into my 12's to comfortable in my 10's, but my real excitement came today when I had to buy bras - down one band size but up one cup size - like real boobies should look!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a size 14 pants that were getting tight when I started tracking my food last fall. I wanted to get a handle on my snacking more than anything else, but I honestly wasn't sure if I was willing to commit, I was doing this on a whim initially. So flash forward from November to early spring, pounds lost and one fitbit gained, when I knew I needed pants for the summer because the size 12's were very loose, and I was living mostly in drawstring sweat and scrub pants. I grabbed a pair of 10's because that's what I figured would fit me, and to my surprise the 8's were still loose, and the 6's were very comfortable.

I cried. While I never have been super heavy, I can't remember the last time I was in a single digit size. It was most definitely over 35 years ago (before high school).
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options
    love this post
  • brigidy
    brigidy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I went from a tight 14 to a 6. Last weekend, I was weeding the garden in an old pair of shorts and they fell down around my ankles!
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Haha, yup. I started this journey at size 18. I quickly dropped to 16's (and had many options in my closet to pick from). Then I found two pairs of 14's left over from my 'skinny' days and those fit! Last week I told a friend I was so happy to be down to size 14 and she said no freakin way that I was at least a 12. So she dragged me to a store and I went into the dressing room with four different brand of jeans in size 12....and they all FIT! I bought two pairs (clearance so they cost $15 for both). But I'm still mostly wearing my 14's as I naturally grab them instead, heck, I still grab some 16's and really regret it when they fall down as I walk.

I still have about 25 pounds to go, so maybe I'll see a size 10.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had to use two cable ties to hold up a pair of pants last week. On each in the front belt loops & hooked together. every time I visited the ladies room it was like playing twister to get them up and down. Still won't buy any new ones yet, it's too hard to get them in the length I need, so I'm belting as long as I can!
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone! I started out on here back in April at a size 9/10 and currently down to 5/6 jeans and 3/4 work pants.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have and I was wondering if the fat person inside of you is like the fat(er) person inside of me:

I started at a size 22 pant and am now wearing a size 16. Every morning now I go to put my pants on (the pants that I've been wearing for close to a month) and I think "there is NO way those fit me. They are way too small." And then they go up the whole way and zip lol

I still have 70lbs to go and I can't even think of myself at my goal of a 10/12 looking down at those tiny pants...

I started at a size 55" am now down to a 29-30 so I guess I lost a few pant sizes ...
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Size 40 waist to a size 34....

Size 46 suit to a size 42 (broad shoulders)

Slim fit shirts all day
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    at my heaviest I was a 14 flirting with size 16, I was a solid 14 when I started this three weeks ago and I fit into my 12s again now. yay!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I know it's not as impressive as some of you here, but I was forced to wear a belt today for the first time in a while, lest my pants fall completely down . . . :)
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 12 to a 6, sometimes I can fit into a 4! In fact I just bought a dress that's a size 4 :)

I'm pretty similar -went from a 14/16 to an 8/10 and have several dresses and pants now that are a size 6. Every time I pull those out, I'm like "there is just no way..." but they fit perfectly.

I still am almost startled when I see my reflection sometimes and it's only 30lbs. Kind of crazy.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Yup, I can totally relate to this. Came to work in shorts today because I planned on running before and after. Had a pair of Dockers in a desk drawer that were uncomfortably snug when I left them there maybe a couple months ago (I do this changing at work thing fairly often). Took the Dockers into the bathroom to change. They're too big, like "not touching my waist" big. Came back out in the shorts and whispered my thanks that there were no meetings today. But I still think of all my Dockers as "the too-tight pants." I keep going to the double-digit pants and the stretchy-fabric pants -- and when I put those on and look in the mirror I sometimes think, gee, they don't look very good on me, I must not be as fit as I thought I was. :noway:

It's about time for a full-scale closet cleanout. I have a couple whole wardrobes in there that I have no intention of ever wearing again, and only a few items that actually fit.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    From a pants size 56 to a 40 in my first 3 months and now the 40s are very loose so it is time to check out 38's.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I know it's not as impressive as some of you here, but I was forced to wear a belt today for the first time in a while, lest my pants fall completely down . . . :)
    RUKM? Definitely impressive!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

There are a lot of steps along the journey of weight loss, each is equally important. Congratulations !
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Love clothes victories! I went from a size 18 down to a size 8 or 9 depending on the pants. I still have a few more lbs to go!
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one! Way to go everyone!
  • ChynaMartin
    ChynaMartin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started at 225lbs Pant size 20, the morning I woke up and was able to zip up my size 9s was amazing!!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I so agree. Last year at this time I was wearing size 20/22 pants, now I am in 6s and some 8s, size small or medium tops. I definitely look at them and think these can't possibly be mine. And I don't feel like I look like a size 6 or 8 either. I think after being fat for so long, it takes the mind a while to adjust to the the new body you have earned.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!