super serious question

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    No you definitely won't have loose skin its not even a possibility. I feel like you're looking for excuses not to lose the weight.

If i were looking for excuses, I wouldn't be walking 7 miles every day trying to loose this weight :) so ask, before you "feel" some type of way

it was just a concern that crossed my mind when i was watching "extreme weight loss"

Walking 7 miles a day is massive overkill, and heading you in the direction of loose skin, burnout, or injury.

Go with a TDEE-20% calorie cut, lift some weights, do more moderate cardio and eat back the calories, and you'll get there healthfully and with low risk of loose skin.

Look, I'm not your best friend. I'm not going to snuggle you with platitudes of social niceties. I'm telling you the truth, whether you like it or not.

first of all, 7 miles is not over kill, considering that i have been walking every where that i go since i was 16. i walk every single day of my life.

second of all, i am not asking you to be my "best friend" or sugar coat anything .

:) you assumed something, and you assumed wrong. So " I'm telling you the truth, whether you like it or not."
    even if you did feel like i was making excuses, you still shouldn't assume.

I could feel like you are a total "b.i.t.c.h" or i could feel like your really a 90 year old man on the other side of the computer screen, pretending to be who you are. . .but i do not know you in person, so there fore i wouldn't state it on a forum. for all i know your the nicest person God ever made, and you really are who you say you are.. WHO AM I TO ASSUME

That reaction is approximately equal to walking 7 miles a day.

Chill B. You might need to eat something.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    ..I personally think you will firm up fine because your young ..but please...Im 37 when I finish my weight loss do not call my loose skin mudcakes when you see me jogging by....be nice please lol
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ..I personally think you will firm up fine because your young ..but please...Im 37 when I finish my weight loss do not call my loose skin mudcakes when you see me jogging by....be nice please lol

lol, i wouldnt say that. it was an insult that i directed at myself, it wasnt meant toward any one else...I'm always a prick to myself...
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Exercise and your body will be fabulous.

Agreed! And you DO have nice proportions! I started out (3 years ago, after 2 kiddos) at ~200 lbs as well. If you incorporate strength training, you'll have nothing to worry about! No surgeries required!
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You should be okay! I was above weight when I started! I've lost 50 lbs total and my skin shrunk up just fine! It depends on your skin elasticity I suppose, but at long as you're losing weight in a healthy way at a healthy pace you should be just fine! :)
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    94824__safe_rarity_animated_sisterhooves-social_mud_fabulous.gif
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I went from 215 to 127 in 14 months. I didn't have sagging skin, other than skin that saga from being 40 and having two kids... Go slow and you could be just fine.

WOW congrats
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you are putting the cart in front of the horse.

like others have said, lose weight slow, do cardio and strength training, drink water, and you'll be okay. but yes, you will probably have a little excess skin. thats okay. would you rather have some excess skin, or an excess 80 lbs?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think you will have flabby skin. I think you will lose weight and look fantastic. Hopefully you are doing weights? That makes a person's skin look fantastic.
  • jusa1011
    jusa1011 Posts: 21
    Options
    You have youth on your side. Follow the others' suggestions and you should be just fine.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    wow OP, i'm reading some of your responses to other peoples comments. what gives?? i thought you people were supposed to be jolly?
  • royalty819
    Options
    Personally, I don't think you will have flabby skin. I think you will lose weight and look fantastic. Hopefully you are doing weights? That makes a person's skin look fantastic.

I haven't started weights yet, I've only been doing cardio, as i stated before I walk an average of 4-7 miles a day, but I've been working on increasing my speed and taking longer routes so that the walking is intensified.

But from this post, i am learning that i need to do more weights, to prevent skin sagging! so i am investing in weights tomorrow!
  • lovelytanya87
    Options
    Don't worry about it girl! there are so many oils out there you can use later on for saggy skins! and working out will help you as well! you will be perfectly fine! :)
  • royalty819
    Options
    wow OP, i'm reading some of your responses to other peoples comments. what gives?? i thought you people were supposed to be jolly?

LOL i am normally jolly. . .just a little sensitive today!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

I haven't started weights yet, I've only been doing cardio, as i stated before I walk an average of 4-7 miles a day, but I've been working on increasing my speed and taking longer routes so that the walking is intensified.

But from this post, i am learning that i need to do more weights, to prevent skin sagging! so i am investing in weights tomorrow!
    You have lots of energy, awesome girl! Seriously, I don't think you will have saggy skin at all. You will enjoy the weights results.
  • royalty819
    Options

You have lots of energy, awesome girl! Seriously, I don't think you will have saggy skin at all. You will enjoy the weights results.
    [/quote

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Any way, thank you to all of you wonderful people who were informative and not sarcastic, or judgmental. I appreciate it, as this is my first time having to deal with losing a major amount of weight, and i had a simple question that needed a simple answer!

There is no simple answer.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Any way, thank you to all of you wonderful people who were informative and not sarcastic, or judgmental. I appreciate it, as this is my first time having to deal with losing a major amount of weight, and i had a simple question that needed a simple answer!

There is no simple answer.

no matter what the answer is, its simple. even if you say "Only time will tell" its still simple.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I understand your fear about loose skin. It does happen to a lot of people when they have lost large amounts of weight, and some of them intentionally gain their weight back because they feel they look worse than they did when they were obese. You are not out of line worrying about that, so ignore the negative remarks from some about that.
    That said, you are only 20, so your skin still has plenty of elasticity. You also seem to be very firm still, and don't look to have much, if any skin damage at this point, so your skin should shrink back without a lot of problem. It may be a little loose at first, but will shrink back within a few months.
    I don't see any major stretch marks in the pics, but if you do have some, they will not go away. They will fade, and won't be as noticeable.
    This is good that you are tackling the extra weight now, while you are young and your skin is still firm. Keep at it to get it off and keep it off, as it only gets harder to lose as you get older, and your skin will not shrink back as easily as it will at 20.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You will only have extra skin if you lose the weight too fast.
This discussion has been closed.