Fast Food; are there any heathy choices?

Options

Replies

• Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always like when people say "healthy" choices. I by no means eat clean diet, eat McDonald's and Taco Bell at least once a week, and yet somehow meeting my macros, my diet is considered "healthy".
    Over consumption of any macro will inherently lead to fat gain, and may cause health issues. Fast food places have HIGH CALORIE meals. Get a meal and split it with someone for half the calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Totally agree with you! I always share a fast food meal with hubby... The best way to halve the calories and not end up feeling guilty indulging in the tasty but not so healthy meals.. :))
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Hardee's (Carl Jr's) low carb burger. High in fat but low carb & ohhh so dang yummy! literally crave it about once a month.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Does anyone even care about sodium anymore?

Not so much, I don't have a medical condition that states I need to.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    BK's water/ice is pretty healthy
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I know you are not a fan of Mcdonalds. But the new Chicken wraps are good. I do the Chicken Ranch without cheese. Can make a filling dinner.

Using Grilled Chicken of course
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Pretzel Cheddar Burger is totally clean eating safe.

tumblr_m8qzassyPu1rdphe3o1_400.gif
  • Sunshine_Kubes
    Options
    Subway is the healthiest "fast food" joint.. every where else has chemically modified food.. NASTY
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Subway is the healthiest "fast food" joint.. every where else has chemically modified food.. NASTY

This is nonsense.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

52187-Picard-Facepalm-gif-nxOM.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Processed deli meats are not healthy.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wendys Apple Pecan chicken salad is delicious and the 1/2 size is plenty and I think only 340 calories
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    When traveling I go to the grocery store and get food. But I'm into non-processed cleaner foods. You can find roasted chicken ready to go and go get some spinach or lettuce and have a salad. I agree though lots of fast food places are getting into the salads and even some QT's have some healthy choices as well.

Good luck!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

:laugh: :heart:
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Not only do I avoid fast food, I avoid most restaurants altogether because almost all of them have one thing in common that is my biggest enemy...................sodium. I've been fighting high blood pressure for about 8 years now which has forced me to learn to cook for myself because I know exactly what ingredients go into my food. The Fast Food Industry is REALLY a main culprit of putting ungodly amounts of sodium in their food. So, the short answer? No!
  • smiddy16
    Options
    I love love love Extreme Pita! I live in Canada so I'm not 100% sure if they have them in the States or not. It's awesome because the pita itself isn't as many carbs as bread, and they also list all the calories on the menu! For a small size pita most are under 400 calories and packed with veggies :)
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm confused on the "fast food" term. Are you only asking for restaurants with a drive-through because you don't have to wait long or because they're cheaper than standard restaurants?

I pop into my local grocer and get a tray of sushi from the chef who runs the sushi stand inside our Kroger and HEB stores. $5.69 for a salmon, avocado, cucumber wrap with sesame seeds, ready and waiting.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Processed deli meats are not healthy.

Run away...it's lean protein!

panic.gif
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Nope, it's almost certain to be fluoridated and/or chlorinated and therefore NOT healthy.

:wink:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

Nope, it's almost certain to be fluoridated and/or chlorinated and therefore NOT healthy.

:wink:

you guys are cracking me up!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I recently went on chipotles website and they are very detail in their ingredient list. Which I can really appreciate, they have brown rice and good local meat ( I think I remember correctly) and fresh vegs

Another Chipolte fan -- I was there for dinner tonight. Cheap and fast! As mentioned, their online calculator is fab. If you go for tacos you don't have to go for the 3 pack on the menu board, they sell them here for just over $2 each individually. I also add on a side of their awesome fresh guacamole, only 150 cals for 3.5 oz. My hubby ditches the tortilla and goes for a bowl but its a mountain of food that I would never be able to finish.

My other fast food favorite is Einstein Bros (same company as Noah's Bagels) Wheat Bagel Thin Egg White Aspargus, Mushroom, and SwissSandwich for 270 cals. Their thin bagel remind me of the sandwich/burger thins made by Oroweat.

Love Jason's Deli, too!