• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Those look luscious!
  • andiecheyenne
    andiecheyenne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    finally one without honey!! I have a hard time getting honey out of the container.... They look so good! I'm going to try it :) thanks for posting!!
  • tami139
    tami139 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Where is the "like" icon, you guys are hilarious!
  • unoriginalusername007
    Options
    I just tried this recipe and the protein rounds- since it seems many have been struggling being mature about this haha- were super gooey. I figured they were going to be too gooey just looking at the recipe, so I only used 2/3 cup of applesauce, not one whole cup, yet they were still too liquid to form into balls. I used spoon and put dollops of the "batter" onto a tray and now it's in the freezer. They flattened out since there wasn't enough to hold them together, but I'm hoping once they're frozen they'll be more edible. Anyway, I suggest using just a half cup of applesauce, or more peanut butter to hold them together, or more oats or more protein powder. I think the main problem is the OP didn't specify how much protein powder to use; every company has a different size scooper, so two scoops is very vague. Good luck!
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recipe and the protein rounds- since it seems many have been struggling being mature about this haha- were super gooey. I figured they were going to be too gooey just looking at the recipe, so I only used 2/3 cup of applesauce, not one whole cup, yet they were still too liquid to form into balls. I used spoon and put dollops of the "batter" onto a tray and now it's in the freezer. They flattened out since there wasn't enough to hold them together, but I'm hoping once they're frozen they'll be more edible. Anyway, I suggest using just a half cup of applesauce, or more peanut butter to hold them together, or more oats or more protein powder. I think the main problem is the OP didn't specify how much protein powder to use; every company has a different size scooper, so two scoops is very vague. Good luck!

yep, just gotta experiment! mine never turn out gooey or sloppy
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No kidding? I didn't know protein had them.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Mine turned out pretty similarly runny. Still tasty, though! I used 2 scoops of Body Fortress chocolate/peanut butter protein powder, one of those single-serve cups of PB (I think it's a little more than 2T), a single serve cup of the applesauce, so about 1/2 cup, 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats, and 1T unsweetened cocoa powder.

I was hoping the mixture would firm up in the refrigerator so I could roll it into balls, but that didn't really work. They still spread out quite a bit after taking them out of the refrigerator and scooping them into balls before freezing. If these turn out well after freezing, I would probably use an ice cube tray to form them instead of adding more oats and more calories to get a stiffer "dough". The flavor is pretty good, so I'm glad I tried it.
  • narcisis22
    Options
    bump
  • tegeler85
    tegeler85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yum yum. Thanks for the recipe.
  • deeds2785