Fast food lovers

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What I get from this thread: "Hi, I'm a food snob and better than you so please justify your tastes."
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I like fast food...'cuz it's fast. And tasty.

I'm selective about it though. I'm not a fan of fast food cheeseburgers at all. If I'm gonna have a quick hamburger, I can whip one up at home.

However, I love Moe's, Chik-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Arby's, Zaxby's, Panda Express...*shrug* It's all still food. A lot of it is pretty tasty. Some of it even nutrient dense.

Why shame others for their food choices? Focus on you.
  • gfroniewski
    Options
    Have you ever had Qdoba (chipotle)?

I don't dig most of the fast food joints but I don't mind them. I love Qdoba. Popeyes is awesome too! Taco Bell is 4 AM is awesomesauce!

In many cases though I agree, a high end joint or a mom and pop shop is better but I got no hate for fast food.

Interesting, I think OP meant more like....nasty fast food like McDonald's and stuff. I would barely even qualify Chipotle or Qdoba (which aren't synonymous btw lol), but I guess since they are quick and relatively processed it counts? If I need a healthy meal on the go I definitely hit up one of those places for a naked burrito with chicken and no cheese.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What I get from this thread: "Hi, I'm a food snob and better than you so please justify your tastes."

QFT
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

Who doesn't eat at "really high end quality" restaurants at all times? I only eat lunch at The Palm....
  • PepperWorm
    Options

I don't dig most of the fast food joints but I don't mind them. I love Qdoba. Popeyes is awesome too! Taco Bell is 4 AM is awesomesauce!

In many cases though I agree, a high end joint or a mom and pop shop is better but I got no hate for fast food.

The nearest Chipotle is forever away from me. I've never eaten there. :(
  • micheleb15
    Options

If I need a healthy meal on the go I definitely hit up one of those places for a naked burrito with chicken and no cheese.

You're doing fast food wrong.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Most places where there isn't a chipotle nearby usually have Qdoba instead which is pretty much the same
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    How are you ever going to replace the feeling of slamming several White Castle or Krystals at 3 am after walking out of the bar. You aren't going to get a real slider like that at a nice sit down restaurant. I see they try to imitate these days, but seriously. You have to go with the original on this one.
  • PepperWorm
    Options

Most places where there isn't a chipotle nearby usually have Qdoba instead which is pretty much the same

Hmmm *google check*

Yeeeeaahhhh, nearest Qdoba is in Bumfaq, Egypt Foreverplace. Chipotle is actually closer and more attainable.

*pouts*
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Pancheros FTW. I've never been to the other two. They each have opened stores nearby here, I just haven't made it yet.
  • chris5389
    Options
    Nope! Chock full of additives, chemicals and processed ingredients! Haven't had fast food in about a year and I feel sick even walking into a fast food place. Watch a documentary on how they make McNuggets and McBurgerPatties and you'll feel the same.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Who doesn't eat at "really high end quality" restaurants at all times? I only eat lunch at The Palm....

I honestly had a period of time where I ate at The Palm 2-3 times a week, and when I wasn't eating there I was at Smith & Wollensky. Funny enough, they made me fat.

ETA: So I guess what I'm saying is I'm sick of hearing food snobs talk about the evils of fast food while not cleaning up their own back yards. Where's all the hate for the Michelin Star restaurants and steak houses?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well for me it comes down to a local restraunts that have been in business for years... We have a hamburger shop that has been in business here for over 80 years. They use locally grown beef ground daily and local bread company for their buns... The menu hasn't change in 80 years either... They serve burgers, fries , and malts and hands down I could not even come close to cooking a burger that comes off that seasoned grill top they have been using all these years.... People that lived here and moved away come back and that is the first place they stop coming in town and the last place the hit before the leave.. lol :drinker:
  • micheleb15
    Options

I honestly had a period of time where I ate at The Palm 2-3 times a week, and when I wasn't eating there I was at Smith & Wollensky. Funny enough, they made me fat.

They are both within 1.5 blocks of my building and there are days that I wish one of them would was a Taco Bell or Popeyes.
  • BeachIron
    Options

They are both within 1.5 blocks of my building and there are days that I wish one of them would was a Taco Bell or Popeyes.

Hum . . .. Washington, D.C.?

Yep. I know exactly where you are!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Really? It's incomprehensible to you that other people crave/like fast food? Have you never been to 5 guys?
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Really? It's incomprehensible to you that other people crave/like fast food? Have you never been to 5 guys?

Probably one of the only fast food cheeseburgers that I ever loved.

And the fries...oh, dear jesus, the fries!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily settling for one or the other. Sometimes I am in the mood for a particular taste that comes from a specific meal at a fast food joint. For example, I can make a taco at home with 90/10 ground beef and fresh, organic ingredients, but maybe I want a volcano taco instead.

volcano tacos YUM
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Pretty much.