Yoga vs Boxing

Options

Replies

• kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I prefer kickboxing,but I'm not crazy about any of the cardio classes. I prefer fighting. Pull on a pair of gloves, pop in my mouth piece,and meet my friends in the ring for some practice! :heart:

I've tried yoga and zumba,but it wasn't for me.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer a more intense cardio workout. I still do yoga, but it bores me half to death.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First - there are a million different kinds of yoga classes. If we're talking restorative super relaxing style classes - yeah. I have to be in the right mood for that and I'd generally prefer boxing (or mountain biking or most anything else more active.) But other styles of yoga - even when they are very slow but you're holding poses and building strength and it's a mental and physical challenge to tough it out? Those are some of the hardest things I've done.

I get that yoga's not for everyone, but I do think that a lot of people judge it based on a restorative style class and that's not very representative of a lot of the other styles that are actually a workout.
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Boxing all the way! Yoga is fun when I'm feeling it and it DOES happen that I really enjoy yoga, but nothing quite like boxing :)
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them both and are great at neither of them haha :happy:
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Damn, the fact that this thread is about what is better "for a woman" yoga or boxing blows my mind. I don't even know where to begin! I thought you were AGAINST perpetuating sexist ideals?
    I'm pretty sure she asked which individuals prefer, not which is better.
    Thanks girl. W'oops I mean homosapien (as to not offend anyone else). :flowerforyou:
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I think they're extreme opposites so it's kind of pointless to compare the two.

This.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I actually like both. Sometimes I just want to stretch and move with my breath, do all that. I also like Pilates. However, I do kickbox and it is awesome (really want to to do actual boxing with a heavy bag but haven't tried yet).

I also like to dance my butt off in Zumba and take a Ballet bootcamp.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Damn, the fact that this thread is about what is better "for a woman" yoga or boxing blows my mind. I don't even know where to begin! I thought you were AGAINST perpetuating sexist ideals?
    I'm pretty sure she asked which individuals prefer, not which is better.
    Thanks girl. W'oops I mean homosapien (as to not offend anyone else). :flowerforyou:
    *glances down* *sees lady parts* *not offended*
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be one or the other? During the week I do a lot of cardio and strength and on Sundays (my day of rest) I do yoga. It's a great way to give my body a break and help with my flexibility. I'm not crazy about yoga either, but I love how I feel when I'm done.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Options
    I actually like both. Sometimes I just want to stretch and move with my breath, do all that. I also like Pilates. However, I do kickbox and it is awesome (really want to to do actual boxing with a heavy bag but haven't tried yet).

I also like to dance my butt off in Zumba and take a Ballet bootcamp.
    This sounds ideal!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have never tried either one, but I would rather learn how to kick *kitten* than ... whatever the purpose of yoga is. (Funny, someone just mentioned it in a different thread about yoga, but I can't remember.)
  • Event_Horizon975
    Options
    I have never tried either one, but I would rather learn how to kick *kitten* than ... whatever the purpose of yoga is. (Funny, someone just mentioned it in a different thread about yoga, but I can't remember.)
    Yeah, I was on that thread too & it sparked this thought in me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, the purpose of yoga is to improve balance, flexibility and strength -- all of which would make a person better at boxing and kickboxing.

So ... ;-)
  • leaellenj
    Options
    I enjoy both. It really just depends on what mood I'm in. I will say I probably do yoga more because it's easier to do at home and I think it helps me correct my poor desk posture.

I wouldn't worry about not caring for yoga. No one has to like everything.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Well, the purpose of yoga is to improve balance, flexibility and strength -- all of which would make a person better at boxing and kickboxing.

So ... ;-)

There she is! yeah, that was it! Thanks. :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Strong-Sexy-Woman-Working-Out-With-Punching-Bag-.gif
  • Event_Horizon975
    Options
    Strong-Sexy-Woman-Working-Out-With-Punching-Bag-.gif
    a-hem.....:noway: I think I just switched teams
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I do kickboxing three times a week. Beating a heavy bag is very therapeutic for me. Yoga feels like work to me and is not very enjoyable though I could benefit from the improved flexibility it would offer.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In for the boxing