Victoria's Secret Models

Options
They seem to be the ultimate definition of glamour and beauty. I would kill for a body like that. Looking for some opinions:

-How many calories a day do you think a Victoria secret model eats?

-Do you think they lift weights or do tons of cardio?

-How many days per week do you think they exercise?

They are also incredibly skinny.

Replies

• jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hard to take a guess. I think they probably train like fitness models..... Not sure how much they would eat in a day??
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    spam?

they are hawt but certainly aren't fit... I would hate to have a body incapable of doing a pull up.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you that they lift heavy. It's probably a lie, but once you start lifting heavy you'll forgive me :)
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would bet that strict diets and lots of cardio and yoga are a big part of why they look the way they do. However, I am sure that genetics play an even bigger part. I think some people are just genetically predisposed to be very thin. They are also generally quite tall and have beautiful facial features, which no amount of diet and exercise will change. Those women are very physically gifted while other women are gifted in other ways. We are all different and special in our own ways.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    whut?

I dunno... They might look good but probably can't open a pickle jar
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I once saw a short expose and interview with Alessandra Ambrosio. She talked about what she eats and how she works out. Basically she eats and works out. She eats healthy and with small portions. Also she is 32!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Ambrosio
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just googled her, here is a link:

http://healthyceleb.com/alessandra-ambrosio-workout-routine-and-diet-plan/3487/

Alessandra Ambrosio that is. Not much in the weights, mostly elastic bands and some Brazilian martial arts. The type that mixes martial arts and dance. I did not read the whole article however.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    They're not that skinny by model standards.

You have to understand that like 96% of what you see is genetics, 2% boob job, and 2% their diet and exercise. You can't diet and exercise your body to be somebody else's- it will always be a version of your own body.
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Options
    whut?

I dunno... They might look good but probably can't open a pickle jar

HEY. Pickle jars are HARD.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    There has GOT to be some lifting involved. Those wings are not light.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ima put myself out there so please don't jump on me for it :flowerforyou:

I'm an aspiring model so those girls are people I look up to in a way. I've done some research on their measurements and agencies, and to be honest I'm pretty damn close! Besides the bust, I'm right there with them and I'm very thankful for that. I aim to eat between 1400 and 1600 calories a day, work out 4-6 days a week, and I've recently made a switch from cardio-focused workouts to strength training. Common sense goes a long way. Small portions, minimal if any sweets and pop, and an overall awareness of how you're taking care of yourself. Putting bad things in your body will make you look bad. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, I don't say this to brag or shove it in people's faces. But I hope this helps:) Those girls aren't aliens or some unattainable size, it can be done!

Creeper FRs incoming!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    if I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd say:

-How many calories a day do you think a Victoria secret model eats? probably more than 1200

-Do you think they lift weights or do tons of cardio? not a ton of either, but equal parts

-How many days per week do you think they exercise? 3-5

of course, my answers are based on the one from about 15 years back, i.e. Laetitia Casta... hot hot hot!!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    They're not that skinny by model standards.

You have to understand that like 96% of what you see is genetics, 2% boob job, and 2% their diet and exercise. You can't diet and exercise your body to be somebody else's- it will always be a version of your own body.

QFT

No amount of pilates will make you look like a VS model if the genetics just aren't there. You'll be much happier if you just aim to be the healthiest, fittest YOU that you can be.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Lots of photoshop and makeup and not a lot of food.....just my thoughts.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I would bet that strict diets and lots of cardio and yoga are a big part of why they look the way they do. However, I am sure that genetics play an even bigger part. I think some people are just genetically predisposed to be very thin. They are also generally quite tall and have beautiful facial features, which no amount of diet and exercise will change. Those women are very physically gifted while other women are gifted in other ways. We are all different and special in our own ways.

^^ like she said. Genes, strict diet, and exercise. I'd just add that I bet they do weights too.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    HEY. Pickle jars are HARD.

:laugh: I know!!
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You can not photoshop a runway show. And as already mentioned I think it is mostly genetics with some exercise in there I doubt they are obsessed with exercise I imagine they do enough to maintain their physique. Try to be the best you. :smile:
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Average weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
    Average height: 5 ft 10 in (1,78 meters)

Average age: 21 years old
    Place of birth: Russia, Brazil, Holland...

All have personal trainers and are required to work out daily if they are over 25
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can not photoshop a runway show. And as already mentioned I think it is mostly genetics with some exercise in there I doubt they are obsessed with exercise I imagine they do enough to maintain their physique. Try to be the best you. :smile:

You actually can photoshop a runway show, if it isn't a live broadcast. If I'm not mistaken, the VS runway show is actually aired a few days after it is taped...which leaves several days for photoshopping. I have no idea what (if any) photoshopping they do, just saying it is possible.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's their job to look pretty and skinny. Like I have to do preparation and aftercare for my work as a teacher, they have to do whatever it takes to be able to do their job. I guess their best friend is their plastic surgeon.