30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just a question for all of you - do you usually combine the 30DS with other exercises? Has anyone gotten results with just doing the 30 DS and eating clean?

I'm currently on Level 1 as well. I've started the 30 DS many times but never finished it. I'm determined that this time it's gonna be IT.

I am just at the beginning of 30 day shred. I have been combining it with 2 miles on the treadmill.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Level 2, day 3 done.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 3, level 2 done. I'm shaking like a leaf again, I stay nauseous for about an hour after the workout. I did gain about 5 pounds in the first week (I increased my calorie intake to accommodate my bar/tdee) but I've lost it all plus 2 inches off my waist and 1/2 inch off my hips and I'm only on day 13 of working out. I can't wait to see the difference once all 30 days are done!
  • cxdyer
    Options
    Me too, I'm seeing the changes, literally, I can see my midriff again. Its keeping me motivated.
  • cxdyer
    Options
    Just a question for all of you - do you usually combine the 30DS with other exercises? Has anyone gotten results with just doing the 30 DS and eating clean?

I'm currently on Level 1 as well. I've started the 30 DS many times but never finished it. I'm determined that this time it's gonna be IT.

I'm seeing results already and I'm only doing 30DS, no other exercise with it. I'm not on a specific "clean eating" diet but I am eating no processed foods, no white sugar (only agave once in a while), whole wheat, lots of fruit and veggies and mostly lean protein.
  • tricky_vicki47
    Options
    Hey there! I started the 30DS today. I'm definitely going to need support and motivation on this programme!
  • tricky_vicki47
    Options
    Hi.

Does anyone know how many calories the 30DS burns per session??
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi.

It's going to be different for everyone, becaues of weight and intensity.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 years old
    5'7
    On day 1 of shred I was 191 lbs and now 186.2

My official results from 30 day shred
    Neck -.25"
    Chest -1"
    Waist -2"
    Hips -2"
    Butt -2"
    Thighs -2.75"
    Calves -.50"
    Arms -1.25"
    Total inch loss 11.75"
    Total weight loss 4.8 lbs

No other cardio exercises were done at the same time, other than walking some days and chores around the house.
  • Babykinz
    Babykinz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 Done !!!

Found it easier today.

Only using 1kg weights, what weight is everyone else using?
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Level 2, day 4 done. After two glasses of wine I might add. :)
  • CDixon519
    Options
    I just started level 3 yesterday! I started the 30DS July 17 and have only missed two sundays which is huge for me. I have never completed the DVD, last summer I made it 21 days then went on a cruise and never started back. I've recently put on close to 15 lbs and must get it off and then get to my goal weight. I've lost 9 lbs since the end of June when I changed my eating habits. I have been discouraged lately but taking before, during, and after photos along with measurements is a sure way to keep me motivated! Good luck everyone. Also any suggestions for which DVD I should start next? I plan on mixing in 6 week 6 pack, I was also thinking about her kickbox fastfix if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
  • pampatip
    Options
    Yesterday was my last day of Level 1. It really gets easier as you progress through the days with the first level. I already know the next exercises since they were ingrained in my head. With the results of Level 1 - I have lost:

Thighs - 1 inch
    Waist - 1/4 inch
    Bust - 1/4 inch
    Arms - 1 inch

pounds lost 4lbs not too shabby. I'm looking forward to Level 2 today! Wish me luck!
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Finished level 2. I'm a day behind schedule. Had to take a day off because injured wrist, and the walk in pushups were quite difficult.

Anyway, Level 3 tomorrow.

No weight loss.

Couple more inches loss
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    Hi.

It's going to be different for everyone, becaues of weight and intensity.

On level one from Jillian's website it's around 172
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    I done my first day yesterday and yes almost died, but I didn't die, getting hyped up to go onto day 2, my shoulders hurt as do my butt cheeks, so somethings working right. I filmed my first day and plan on filming at day 11 and day 21 and finally 30, more for myself, so I can see a difference not just in appearance but in the way I move...hopefully
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love this video! She rocks! My son (who is in the air force and home on leave) will be joining me today. I am curious what he thinks of it since he is in great shape. My soccer player daughter has been doing it too and is left very sore. LOL I use five pound weights but have been weight lifting for a while. Should be interesting to hear his thoughts on it. I will report back if anyone is interested.
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Like so many others this was level 2 day 1 for me as well. I was very, very sweaty afterwards... granted it is kinda muggy where I am at the moment.

I am having a hard time getting into proper form esp on planks, making sure everything is tucked and tight where it should be, especially when I am out of breath lol. In level 1 I spent the first couple of days getting to know the moves (and just getting through them) and then focusing on form and keeping my core engaged and tight. I thought that that would be my plan of attack for this level as well. My worry is that the reasons that planks are so effective is the core engagement, so if you are doing work with improper form you might not be seeing any results? Any thoughts on what to do? Gah!!
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 3 day 1. I actually really enjoyed it. Was tough, but it is just more exciting!
  • roymmou
    roymmou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 done.My thighs are screaming and I flopped down on the bed while changing sheets because I simply couldn't move my arms.Well serves me right for getting this unfit :-)