What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I kept dead lifting and running when I didn't feel like it:-)
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Bebe skinny jeans .. Need I say more? Plus the sales lady encouraged me to go for a size smaller .
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    A new boyfriend :-)
    Said no to chocolate cake at work
    Walked up a very steep hill
    Packed lunches for work
  • SheilaNewton83
    Options
    When I started I had 3 pairs of jeans that fit me all size 18. I tried on all the jeans at the back of my closet this week. I now have 3 pairs that are too big, 4 pairs still too small, but 11 pairs of jeans fit me again! All of them are 16s, and I can pull the 14s up and button them but they are a little too tight.
    I haven't had this many pairs of jeans since high school.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    When I started I had 3 pairs of jeans that fit me all size 18. I tried on all the jeans at the back of my closet this week. I now have 3 pairs that are too big, 4 pairs still too small, but 11 pairs of jeans fit me again! All of them are 16s, and I can pull the 14s up and button them but they are a little too tight.

Eleven pairs of jeans that fit nicely? You'll never have to do laundry!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm back to size 25 jeans!!!!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my spinning instructor is encouraging me to train to become a spin instructor. I still don't think it's a great idea, but from a guy that does spin, cardio kickboxing and strength training it's a success that he can see progress! Another instructor told me that I have good form when lifting too :) granted, these may be opinions and i get that...but they see progress and to me that's a success
  • SheilaNewton83
    Options

Eleven pairs of jeans that fit nicely? You'll never have to do laundry!

I think that's what I'm most excited about lol!
  • jxspxr
    jxspxr Posts: 150
    Options
    I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday and started doubting if there is still another 10 kgs of fat left too lose. I am still not sure, but I think there is.

Meaning I have a good target to aim for and I am have lost about 60% of the weight I want to lose. Ok, so the NSV here is that my looks changed so much that I think of myself of getting quite thin, and muscular (they are becoming more and more visible)!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Things have been going great all around. Tuesday marked my 430th day on MFP. Just staying committed has been a huge victory for me. On Monday I officially reached the halfway point to my goal weight (153 pounds down).

People are noticing. A coworker who knows I'm trying to get fit told me that my weight loss was brought up by another coworker. My grocery store is located beside my gym and I shop there 3-4 time a week. Last week one of the workers was sitting outside talking with other while I was walking to my car. She yelled out, "Sir, looking good!" I overheard her telling her friends that I had lost a ton of weight. Just last night I was the same store and another cashier made the statement that I was "just melting away". Both were a bit embarrassing but made my day.

Yesterday I wore a new pair of jeans to the office. The waistline in the new jeans are 18 inches smaller than I wore last year. Shirts have gone down 4 sizes as well.

One of the best victories is my own self image. While I'm still not happy with where I'm at, I was able to look in the mirror yesterday and rate myself a solid, "Meh, not so bad". This is a major improvement over the utter disgust I used to see in the mirror.
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options
    I just finished a week's holiday in the Vendee region of France. I ate more bread in a week than I have in a year, croissants and coffee for breakfast, shared an entire Brie cheese with my friend over the course of 2 days and drank wine every evening. I also swam in a lake, chased the children round the garden, built sand castles, body boarded at La Tranch Sur Mer, danced on the patio and loved my man.

Not one single pound or inch gained.

It must have been the new energy I have and doing so much activity. It just shows how inactive I am at work, sat behind a desk all day.

Vive La France!:heart:
  • jasondutton77
    Options
    had a teacher at my kids school tell me that i looked like i had lost some weight and was not breathing as heavy as i had in the past.

played basketball with my 11 year old son and did not even have to sit down while doing it.
  • LindsNW05
    LindsNW05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Almost all of my clothes that I bought only a few short months ago are starting to get very loose on me. I bought some shirts in extra large ( I wear/wore a large), because if you accidentally dry them and they shrink a bit they will still fit. Well I ended up never putting these shirts in the dryer like I usually do with my shirts and they are falling off of me and they look like dresses on me, when I bought them they fit fine, they were big of course, but now they are way too big!

Also, I wear/wore a size 12,(I am thinking I'm now a 10, YAY!!) now that I have lost weight, one of my pairs of size 12 jeans are FALLING OFF of me! I can take them off without unbuttoning/unzipping them. Makes me realize that, hey I actually am losing weight. I've only lost 12lbs, but everyone is starting to notice a difference, my stomach is getting flatter, my thighs are getting more firm, and my arms are starting to look really good.
  • maggiecamilo
    maggiecamilo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE DOING AWESOME GUYS ..MINE IS A SIZE 11 PAIR OF JEANS AND I STARTED MY JOURNEY 2 MONTHS AGO AT SIZE 14 SO YOOHOOOO TO ME :)
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump for later. Great job everyone!!
  • jessliz90
    Options
    1. I put on a dress in a size I have never worn in my adult or teenage life. Only a year ago, I was a dress size 16 or 18. I proudly put on a size 8, and proceeded to cry, because that was a day I never thought would come :)

2. I got honked at 2 times, in a positive way, while biking home from the gym. That hasn't happened to me in forever!
  • kim2walker
    kim2walker Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have 2.NSVs

I am no longer , according to the charts, obese. YAY! Only 33lbs to go before I reach upper limit of "normal" range.

I wore a dress I have not been able to fit into in 3 years and my neighbour actually gasped when she saw how much smaller my upper arms have become. :happy:
  • handydandyandie
    handydandyandie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went from being able to do only 8 minutes of 30DS to doing 30DS plus 40 minutes on the treadmill everyday. :smile:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My husband saw me naked today and later in the day he told me how im looking GOOD!:wink:
    that was awesome because he has never told me anything without me asking first!
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1. I ate dinner and several lunches straight out of the garden.

LOVE being able to eat out of the garden! Noms!

I swam freestyle for half an hour without stopping. Three weeks ago I could only do a couple of laps without stopping for a breather.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!