Why are so few people aware of this?

Options

Replies

• skinnygal05
    skinnygal05 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the Nestle cocoa powder or the other brands. Maybe I'll give those a try

I just recenlty bought the nesquick but it isn't as low in cal. So this is better.
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options
    Bump
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have an aversion to this stuff because, as a kid, when we would run out of Nestle Quik, we would try to make it with this stuff...

...and that just does not work. Oh, sure, there may be a way to do it, but in our dozens of attempts, we didn't find it...

...which left us with something completely undrinkable.

:sad:
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The dark chocolate is fantastic! Love it in oatmeal, with unsweetened shredded coconut, half a banana, almonds, vanilla, almond milk. Yummy!

My mouth just started watering. I have to try this!!!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    leh3L6d.jpg

This stuff is heavenly; 1 serving (1tbsp)= 10 calories; 3g carbs, .5g fat, 1g protein, and 2g of fiber

Mix it in oatmeal and you have chocolate oatmeal
    Mix it in protein shakes for chocolate flavor
    Use it for protein cake or other homemade protein recipes
    Use it for homemade cookies, pancakes, etc.

Use it in just about anything

Carries micronutrients as well. Here's an article about benefits of unsweetened cocoa if you care: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-unsweetened-cocoa-powder-5662.html

Just thought I'd make you aware if you weren't. Go pick this up on your next grocery run and you'll thank me

WHA????
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How is it on cauliflower?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I make mugcakes with the stuff. Very low-cal mugcakes, and sometimes not so low. I add it to chocolatey things that are not chocolatey enough.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    mmmm will definitely check it out. But then again I have some green jar of cocoa powder sitting at home... not being used...
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hersheys makes me want to smash my face on something. So many other, better types of chocolate and chocolate powder.

Agree. Droste is not bad for a store brand. Trader Joe's is good too. The thing about coco powder is to watch the sugar calories added to make it palatable.

I make a Mocha with one heaping teaspoon coco powder, two teaspoons Splenda, one teaspoon instant espresso powder and almond milk. Satisfies the chocolate craving.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    been using this all my life, makes the best hot cocoa

per mug

2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons hot water
    4 packets stevia (or to taste)
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    mix well add
    6-8 oz any milk (fat free dairy, almond, soy, ect.)
    mix well again, microwave for 3 minutes.

cals 108 carbs 16 fat 2 protein 9 sodium 125 sugar 12
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I put this in oatmeal and it was awful... what did I do wrong? :S

You forgot the peanut butter. You're welcome.
  • twhitecotton32
    twhitecotton32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    thanks for sharing though :)
    <3

We do. It's bog standard cocoa powder and a load of Americans are acting as if it's something new and strange.

Really? Is plain cocoa powder really a revelation to so many Americans?

I've found, when not sweetening it (eg for my overnight oats), a little cinnamon helps take off the bitter edge.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I use it to make chocolate peanut butter cheesecake that has around 30 grams of protein per serving and less than 350 calories in each slice with lower fat and moderate carb content. Tastes awesome!

What's your recipe? I love cheesecake.

I hunted her down. The recipe is toward the bottom of the page. I had forgotten all about that thread! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/461619-ny-cheesecake-morph?page=7
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hun--that product has been around since your great-grand parents were twinkles in THEIR parents eyes. Use it well
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    umm i have this stuff and it tastes awful to me. i have tried it in many things and it does not satisfy any chocolate cravings. no sugar= no thanks, but that's just me!

You gotta add some sweetener! Otherwise it just tastes bitter by itself because it's just all natural cocoa. I use Truvia and it tastes like I'm eating real chocolate
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How is it on cauliflower?

You...

...get out...

...NOW!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Hersheys makes me want to smash my face on something. So many other, better types of chocolate and chocolate powder.

This... hershey's is rank!

Also...isn't this just cocoa powder anyway in expensive packaging???
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You guys can look on youtube for cheesecake recipes. There are a lot of good ones on there. Doesn't have to be that one person's recipe
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    thanks for sharing though :)
    <3

We do. It's bog standard cocoa powder and a load of Americans are acting as if it's something new and strange.

Really? Is plain cocoa powder really a revelation to so many Americans?

I've found, when not sweetening it (eg for my overnight oats), a little cinnamon helps take off the bitter edge.

This...Oishii... the green and blacks stuff is nice, as is good old bournville! A few other good brands out there too... Green and Black's is my fave though! ;) Plus they do the Maya Gold chocolate which to me is like chocolate orgasm divine!