whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Options
123457»

Replies

• BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered ants and grasshoppers (ants weren't bad, the grasshoppers omg gross too crunchy)

I ate crickets last year on a dare with my grandkids. Nacho cheese flavored crickets to be exact. That exoskeleton just will not go away. Little bits of it just stay in your mouth unless you rinse and spit. And even then you run across the random bit every so often for hours later. My freak grandchildren, however, love them and beg me to buy them at the specialty store near our office. My 4 year old granddaughter especially. She loves bug suckers. Its a square sucker with a cricket inside. Chomps them right down.
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I have just found out headcheese is not actually cheese :sick:

I've not eaten anything too strange... I've eaten a lot of haggis in my life though but I do live in Scotland (not that we all sit an eat haggis every day or anything!)

I used to eat a lot of buttercups, the little yellow flower, when I was about 5 because I thought thats what butter was made from. :laugh:
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    tarantula on a stick
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    fried worms - tasted like chicken lol
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    Whale and shark steak, seal fin soup
  • jake480
    jake480 Posts: 8
    Options
    Kudu Oysters when I was in Zimbabwe. They were not to bad.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    guinea pig

and probably some much weirder stuff when I was in china but i don't wanna think about it.

I've had haggis, kangaroo, wallaby, venison, moose, elk, emu, eel, tongue tacos, rabbit, buffalo (or is it bison?), ... a lot more I can't think of right now.

ETA: I've eaten a lot of the other stuff mentioned here that I didn't think was so weird... lamb is on most restaurant menus in Montreal lol. And oysters are pretty common too.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I grew up in LA so Alligator, squirrel, opossum, raccoon, crawfish, fried pickles ect was normal. I had a Yak burger, a python skewer, and lion on a stick at the last Ostrich festival (mmm ostrich)but they were out of chocolate covered scorpions (there is always next year). I had head cheese for the first time the other day, bit too gelatinous for me.

Oh and kangaroo - it was tasty - any of you Aussies want to start importing more of the stuff to AZ I'll buy it.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lol wowww.

Someone also tricked me into deer meat before. It was gross=/

Sad day because venison steak is DELICIOUS.
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Shrooms... >.<
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    When I was in China, I ate Pigeon.......and yes, it taste quite a bit like chicken.

20031840.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I quite enjoy the pigeon. It's pretty much like chicken.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I once had a McDonalds Big Mac.... A Most strange yucky food I ever tried... Tasted of dried cardboard & soggy used nappies... Never again... :happy:

No I think Sheeps eyes in Morocco, or fried ants on a camping trip.. .
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    id have to say either shark, duck(tastes like chicken), or grilled octopus(did not like it)