Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I prefer it with sunflower seeds, garlic salt, and balck pepper. Never liked the sweet combinations!

This sounds awesome! I'm all about savory so this is a must try!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love it with sliced bananas then drizzled with honey!

Oh yes! that's delicious too. I add walnuts to this combo as well.

OP, I agree with others here. Buy it plain and experiment with your own toppings and flavours.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and sweetener mixed in on top of an Ezekiel sprouted grain raisin English muffin. My favorite snack or breakfast.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I eat it on baked potatoes instead of butter or sour cream, and on salad instead of dressing...more protein, less fat. The only downside is that it is high in sodium, which can make you retain water.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Cottage cheese is such a wonderful treat for me and I have some favorite preparations: Plain. Plenty of fresh ground black pepper. Mixed with a partial box of jello powder - like orange jello powder and a few mandarin oranges - and a dollop of whipped cream - all mixed together for when I have a sweet tooth. Pineapple pieces (fresh). Strawberries sliced. Cottage cheese to replace some of the mozzarella cheese in my lasagna. Stretch ground beef with a bit of cottage cheese instead of bread crumbs. Tomato slices and cucumber slices. *LOL* I guess it would have been easier for me to think of things NOT to use cottage cheese with *LOL*. Hope you find some new and delicious and healthy ways to enjoy cottage cheese.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with sweet stuff or savory. My favorite is cottage cheese with a couple tablespoons of salsa. Veggie and protein and delicious. : )
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi folks :smile:

I've been thinking of trying cottage cheese recently and have seen some flavoured versions - like cheese and chives, black pepper and sweet chilli - which I expected. However, I also saw some versions like cottage cheese with pineapple and with apple and sultana. Has anyone ever tried these and if so were they nice?

I've heard cottage cheese is so versatile - like it can be eaten with crackers or with fruit and such and thought it was definitely worth trying.

I have a half cup of low fat cottage cheese with a chopped up red delicious apple and cinnamon to taste every day for breakfast! Sometimes I will replace the apple with a peach or nectarine. It is soooooo good!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Plain Cottage cheese- sliced banana-1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter

nomnomnom :bigsmile:
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I like it salty. I put season salt on it. Tony Chacheres or Lawrys.
  • sr72090
    sr72090 Posts: 14
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pineapple and french dressing. Unf.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! And I do put stuff on it, but you guys are giving me lots of yummy ideas! One of my recent ones is just to put some Montreal Steak Spice on it. I thought I was the only weird one putting salad dressing in it - I like Ranch or Creamy Cucumber. It just adds a little flavouring.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Often at the end of the day, my macros are spent for fats and carbs but I have plenty of protein left. I'm thinking I'll start eating up to a cup of the nonfat version of cottage cheese before going to bed.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I buy the fat free. The curds will be the same, but full fat cottage cheese is in this thick creamy soup like stuff that is very viscous. Fat free has the majority of that drained out. I add grapefruit wedges, diced pineapple or clementine sections with salt and pepper.

If you put it in a blender and make a creamy spread, you can use it to replace ricotta in recipes like lasagna.
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with peaches or pears. I have recently started putting it on my salads. Love it!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese in pretty much any way. But my favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles. My mom is actually the one that got me hooked on that combo as a kid.

But I eat it plain about 95% of the time.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I just eat it out of the container. I flippin LOVE cottage cheese!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Ok sure. Go ahead and try it. You have my blessing.
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is the best!

Do a search for protein shakes with cottage cheese they are awesome.

I will definitely try some of these other suggestions. They sound great.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite ways to eat cottage cheese are:
    Sauté fresh spinach with garlic (sometimes I just use garlic powder), top with cottage cheese and toasted nuts. Oh My Gosh Yum!
    One cup of mixed berries, cottage cheese, and Walden Farms no calorie strawberry syrup.
    Chicken breast, cottage cheese, and fresh shredded cabbage with Walden Farms non calorie Asian dressing.
    Add to scrambled eggs with salsa.
    I recently tried adding cottage cheese to my oatmeal-hotel breakfast
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like it: on mashed potatoes (or baked potato), with canned pears & eaten with Club crackers, with dry strawberry jello, strawberries & Cool Whip all mixed up. A friend of mine mixes it with flavored yogurt.