30 Day Shred Calories Burned

13»

Replies

• tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Just finished day 9. One more day and on to level two! Feel free to add me, fellow shred-ers lol
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Without a hrm we can only guesstimate calorie burn it all depends on the person, height weight strength etc, I can burn almost 500 calories by doing 30 mins of Jillian Michaels I'm 5"7 and 11 stone, if you can and are serious about it by a hrm same as buying a good set of scales for the kitchen - otherwise we just guess and logging incorrectly is as good as not logging at all....
  • Out of curiosity, how are you progressing through the 30 days? I didn't find any instructions as to how many days you should stay at each level. For awhile I had been doing Level 2 on Mondays, Level 3 on Wednesdays, and Level 1 on Fridays with her yoga videos on Tuesday and Thursday. I wasn't sure if there was a schedule with the DVD or not.,
  • Hey :)

I've read that you should split into three groups of 10 days so:

10 days at Level 1
    10 days at Level 2
    10 days at Level 3

Obviously this depends on your fitness levels and whether you are able to progress but that's the standard, or so I've read :)

Hope that helps!
  • Love the 30ds, I am headed into day 10 but been on level 2 for about 2 days already, I started to get bored with level 1 and decided to bump it up a notch.
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm on Level 3 - Day 1....it was tough. I'm very petite and only burned 120 calories....but I didn't go at it full force because my knee was a little sore. During the first two levels I usually burned between 120-140 according to my Polar HRM.
  • Thanks for Info!
  • daniellroar
    daniellroar Posts: 5 Member
    using the 1.1 calories per lb method i burn 243 im just short of 6 foot and 221lb. considering the cross trainer at the gym tells me im burning 100 calories in 30 mins on it im happy to go with 243
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    I want to do this but I had a SEVERE ankle sprain 3 months ago. its finally healing, I go to the gym and do 40 mins walking and elliptical 4 week days. but I cannot run or jog yet, I tried. so the jumping jacks and but kicks are out for me and possibly some lunges. I would like to sub in something else during that . I could do the punches but need something else also so I don't wear my arms completley out because I want to make itthru the whole video. If I take these all these things out do you think it will even be half as effective?
  • jenm_123
    jenm_123 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! Out of curiosity, does everyone track 30 Day Shred as 30 min or 20 min? Would it be considered circuit training?
    Thanks!
  • bakeys81
    bakeys81 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes, I found that putting it under circuit training is pretty accurate with the amount of calories my HRM says I am burning.
  • duckmimi
    duckmimi Posts: 3 Member
    I put it under circuit training, 20 minutes.
  • I have the Moville app amd I don't get where this hrm is? I just did level 2. First time ever! Bit I wanna calculate calories. Hello! ?