Why are so few people aware of this?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    You guys can look on youtube for cheesecake recipes. There are a lot of good ones on there. Doesn't have to be that one person's recipe

Zooey-Deschanel-Sad-Agreement.gif
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I love it but stopped eating oatmeal. I have
    really no routine food to use it with currently.
    Hershey's is my fave though.bThanks OP for
    pointing us to it. :)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    thanks for sharing though :)
    <3

We do. It's bog standard cocoa powder and a load of Americans are acting as if it's something new and strange.

Really? Is plain cocoa powder really a revelation to so many Americans?

I've found, when not sweetening it (eg for my overnight oats), a little cinnamon helps take off the bitter edge.

Maybe it's new to people who've never baked anything before?

Otherwise, I have no idea.
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hershey Powder is hnnng 10/10 wood eat.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Here's an article that I found interesting where someone taste tested different cocoa powders:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/06/dining/deep-dark-secrets-a-cocoa-taste-test.html
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    You just changed my life. Thank you.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You just changed my life. Thank you.

Lol no problem. That's how I felt when I discovered this.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's cocoa powder is good. This is my favorite: I/2 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, 2 T of cocoa powder, 1 T ground flax seed, and I add a little coconut, toasted almonds, and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips! So delicious!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    <3

We do. It's bog standard cocoa powder and a load of Americans are acting as if it's something new and strange.

I've found, when not sweetening it (eg for my overnight oats), a little cinnamon helps take off the bitter edge.

This...Oishii... the green and blacks stuff is nice, as is good old bournville! A few other good brands out there too... Green and Black's is my fave though! ;) Plus they do the Maya Gold chocolate which to me is like chocolate orgasm divine!

I live off Bournville these days, as the Gestational Diabetes keeps me off proper desserts :laugh: I have been told my brownies with Maya Gold are better than sex :love:
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Aw thanks :) I never really thought of using cocoa powder or looking at the calories it had until someone posted about low cal brownies haha & Nice idea with the cinnamon! Love cinnamon
    <3
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a huge tub of Bourneville cocoa in the cupboard. I mix a little with my coffee for an easy mocha, lol. I might try Green & Black's now that someone's mentioned it though. It didn't occur to me that it might taste different!

I live in Tobago for half the year and there's cocoa trees everywhere. It's a shame it's not an easy task to make cocoa powder.....although at the same time it's probably a good thing it's not easy to make chocolate!
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love powder cocoa with greek yogurt and splenda!! Soo good!!

I have to buy the swiss version of powder cocoa.. which I believe it's better than Hersheys :P
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    NOM!!! How did I not know about this? Amazing!!! Thanks!
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have raw cacao powder....I'm sure it's healthier (less processed) and can be used in the same way??

(Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I used it to make chocolate mousse with avocado (also coconut oil and agave syrup) the other night - divine!
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Grew up with this stuff. My mom used it for all her chocolate flavored baking. Good stuff, definitely needs sweetening though :)
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It also helps you if you are old and losing your memory!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23607879
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    <3

Right?!? Where have these people been that they have never heard of cocoa powder. It's been around over 100 years!
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use the dark chocolate version in my protein shake all the time. :) I can spare 10 calories to have a more chocolatey shake. Also, I love making mint chocolate shakes. Just a drop of peppermint extract = amazing. :)
  • ladyro420
    Options
    Lol..so did I until I read further.