Anyone else ready for fall and/or winter?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I just went outside to feed the cat and got 2 mosquito bites, not to mention the poison ivy on my ankle! I am so NOT a summer person unless I'm sitting next to a pool with a foo foo drink in my hand!:laugh:

Fall cannot come soon enough! The changing leaves, football, kids back to school, crisp cool nights and mornings perfect for a run, football, Halloween, hayrides, apple cider, football, no bugs, and oh, did I mention football?:drinker:

Anyone else done with summer?????

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Football is the only part I like about it. Everything dies and it gets too cold to be poolside with a foo foo drink, it depresses me.
  • summerof1979
    summerof1979 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm with tyky football is all I'm ready for.. I don't want to close my pool, lose my tan and give up my pool side beers. I HATE fall and winter. I am however ready to go back to school!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Nooo! I'm moving to a city near by beach in less than a month.. Still want to enjoy it before winter comes.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Fall yes, winter no. Summer is so busy running around. Fall, for me, is just so much more relaxed and expects so much less of me then summer.

And I LOVE Halloween.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am ready for there to be Snow on the ground, but I live in the south where I am deprived of such a thing like Snow...
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    :heart: IN for hats, scarves, gloves, and long jackets
    :explode: DONE with permasweat
    :flowerforyou: fall is my fav time of year
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I start another bulk cycle in the fall - so definitely ready (timed to be in conjunction with the heavier seasonal brews - and more clothing worn)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    NO!!!! Summer is the only suitable season.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Fall yes, winter no. Summer is so busy running around. Fall, for me, is just so much more relaxed and expects so much less of me then summer.

And I LOVE Halloween.

Agree 100%. [Already preparing me & the BF's Halloween costumes!]
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am ready for there to be Snow on the ground, but I live in the south where I am deprived of such a thing like Snow...

Watch your mouth!

We don't use that evil "S" word around here! :mad:
  • newgirl72
    newgirl72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes I am ready for FALL! Crisp evenings, snuggled close with your sweetie without sweating all over each other? I'll take it!
  • BigD06
    BigD06 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Since last winter....lol...
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    YES! I do not like hot weather...saps my energy
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fall and am ready for it! Of course South Dakota has been experiencing fall like weather for about two weeks now! I do not, however, like that fall means winter is around the corner. I don't mind the first three months of winter, it's the last three months that I hate!!! =)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It's been ridonkulously hot here lately. I'm ready for fall, cooler weather, and regular schedules again. I'm a creature of routine.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    The only thing in the Fall I am looking forward to is the new season of the Walking Dead. Love summer and here it tends to go by way too fast.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am so with you!!! :drinker:
    I'm ok with summer if I'm at the pool ... and even that lasts a couple hours then I'm done with it lol I can't stand the bugs, this humidity, being all sweaty and gross and stinky everytime i step outside! yuck!

I can't wait for pumpkin season... i love pumpkin EVERYTHING... all the yummy foods i can make from the fall veggies... hiking... hoodies.... i don't even care about football but i like football season (if that makes sense haha)... i can do without being quite so cold in winter, but having my birthday & all the winter holidays that i love so much makes up for it a bit :tongue:
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! We have actually been having very fall like weather in MN. It's been AWESOME!! I can't wait for my wool sweaters though! YAY FALL!!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Visit Minnesota, we have it 9 months a year sometimes!!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Not I. I can tolerate Fall, but I love Summer and I despise Winter. Personally, I wish I lived where it never got below 75º F.