Replies

• rondabug
    rondabug Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree-it's got my vote too!
  • rondabug
    rondabug Posts: 20
    Options
    Ugh! I'm all about embracing the culture I'm visiting, but I don't think this would make it past my lips-let alone on to my food diary!!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I used to have a friend who logged all her vitamin tablets taken at each meal with 0 calories against them. I mean...why? Was it to remind her to take them???

I log my multivitamin, partly to remember to take it, and partly to make sure I'm getting 100% on calcium & other vitamins (I've never liked drinking milk, and I want to make sure I get enough calcium)
  • Ljvalsan
    Ljvalsan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG thanks for the laugh guys! This is some of the funniest stuff I have seen in a while. On a serious note though, i just wanted to add that when I started MFP I did not log my exercise for fear of ridicule. But I kept it written down for me to see somewhere else. Lets face it many of us who started this journey were overweight AND depressed. Thus our lifestyles were pretty much sedentary. So when I actually started mowing the lawn again or heading out for a leisurely walk with the dog. Dam right I was proud of myself. Even 5 minutes of the treadmill was tons more then I had been doing for the past two years. But i do think that sperm, smoking a cigarette. and sex probably shouldn't be logged ( or maybe it should just to make us laugh) LMAO

PS. lets all remember to be kind to the newbies as they begin their journeys. Maybe walking to the mail box to get the mail IS the most activity they have gotten for a while :)

There is nothing wrong with adding walking the dog as an exercise because it is actually exercise. No one has the same physical condition so why would anyone make fun of the effort you input to better yourself. and I feel you on the depression part, been there, done that. A few people here got what I was aiming at. Like the sperm, the cuy. You see?
  • mrst17
    mrst17 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm sure people might find this weird, but last month I got a standing desk. I used an online calculator to figure out how many extra calories that burns for my weight and I do log standing at my desk (rather than sitting)—I want to see the difference it makes! If I stand for 3 hours it's like 100 calories burned or something tiny, but it really has added up over one month :-)
  • Ljvalsan
    Options
    I log water, the actual ounces during the day in addition to using the water consumption tool. Is that overkill? I do it because the water consumption tool is not exact. I don't always drink in 8 ounce increments. It's easier to track... or maybe I'm just saying that to hide my OCD?

Has it helped you on your journey? Because that is what matters.
  • Ljvalsan
    Options
    Verbal bullying is what this is. I think if you're laughing and it's not at yourself you should be ashamed.

Maybe I should log "45 minutes of being actively ashamed for laughing at things that are actually funny- 371 calories"

You should try laughing sometimes, it's good for your abs. :glasses:

I would like yo be your friend in real life
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    People that log 'cleaning' moderate or vigorous wind me right up
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    for me personally:
    Cooking/cleaning - only if it's over & above normal, for example cooking for a group or doing christmas baking, cleaning if I'm doing something like spring cleaning, with many trips up & down stairs, moving furniture, etc.
    Wii sports/just dance/wii zumba - if it's a game that I'm not sitting on my behind playing, then I count it, especially if I play Just dance, because half an hour will kick your butt.
    Water: I do log this in my food diary, partly because some of the bottled water has sodium, and I'm keeping track of my sodium intake
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Had to search it on the database , "Sperm - White Gloupy Consistency"' . Apparently one tea spoon is 10 calories and it comes in a container of 3 tea spoon.

I guess some people really take serious the logging everything they put in their mouth.

LMAO, that was hilarious.
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A couple weekends ago, the family went river bank fishing for the entire day... seven or eight hours of walking up and down a rocky, wooded bank only standing in one spot casting for about five minutes before moving on.... well, I can tell you, I was exhausted! I logged it, but I don't eat most of my calories back, so wasn't worried about the over-estimation of the burn on MFP.

I haven't really seen anything strange, funny or weird from my friends' diaries, so I've gotten a kick out of reading this thread. I'm guilty of logging vitamins (so I don't forget to take them) and one time I wore my HRM to see what I burned when I clean the house. ><
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen someone log a weird food. I have definitely logged beer as a "snack", which I think is totally valid.

I love some of the names the people on my friends list use for their exercises. At least one has really clever names for her runs. :smile:
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to choose between "tossing the salad" or "horizontal mambo" for cardio...

And then I've seen "sperm" "man cream" and "love juice" in the food sections...

...maybe those are more weird than funny though. :laugh:

Had to search it on the database , "Sperm - White Gloupy Consistency"' . Apparently one tea spoon is 10 calories and it comes in a container of 3 tea spoon.

I guess some people really take serious the logging everything they put in their mouth.

It changes based on consistency???? I should probably alert my friend list about this... Hrm... :laugh:

Oh my freaking word!!! Sperm??? People log SPERM???
  • chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    Some of these were absolutely HILARIOUS. I know I log weird food items sometimes, but damn, this list takes the cake.

This does make me glad my diary isn't open though, because I do log things like housework, cooking etc. I am generally couch or bed bound, so anything other than just plain sitting is exercise for me.

Still chuckling over people logging sperm though. If the uh...act of collecting the sperm didn't offset the calories from uh...receiving it, then you're not doing it right.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    i log a sneeze while laying in bed as a crunch.

lol! You go man! :glasses:
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The person making fun of logging dog grooming as exercise has clearly never had to brush out 60lbs of long-haired, double coat that does NOT want to be groomed. I need a nap by the time I'm done battling him.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ive also very recently logged half a biscuit and one square of chocolate.

Every calorie counts!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I think I once logged 8 pints of Guinness under "Snacks"

Where else do you log alcohol then? I log all my drink there
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit synced to MFP so it adds calories for me, I just add actual workouts like gym or fitness classes where I use a HRM.