Totally nerdy-Firefly post-10 years too late

Options
amandaknight787
amandaknight787 Posts: 11 Member
Ok, so I love Nathan Fillion. Castle is my favorite show. I was recently convinced by a friend of mine to watch the short-lived Firefly season. I am not a fan of sci-fi other than the X-Files. Never watched Star Trek, have never seen the Star Wars movies. But I watched Firefly, and Oh My Gosh! It was fantastic. No aliens, brilliant writing, funny, and kick *kitten*. I can't believe Fox let this get cancelled all those years back!

I know this a totally random post, but I had to say that. I guess people were just not smart enough to appreciate good TV. I mean, Jersey Shore went on for how many seasons??? I feel so cheated now!

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to appreciate the greatness of Firefly. I love that show.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Firefly should NEVER have been cancelled.

tumblr_mktt3znddB1s4oh2bo1_500.gif
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Browncoats Unite! (Someone had to do it.)
  • amandaknight787
    Options
    Hahaha! I know, it never should have been cancelled! People have no taste (or intelligence). I feel like I need to go back and watch the early Castle episodes to get all the references I missed. I'm going to watch Serenity tonight, even though I know I will not like what happens to some of the characters. It's killing me not knowing the Shepherd's back story.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options
    Hahaha! I know, it never should have been cancelled! People have no taste (or intelligence). I feel like I need to go back and watch the early Castle episodes to get all the references I missed. I'm going to watch Serenity tonight, even though I know I will not like what happens to some of the characters. It's killing me not knowing the Shepherd's back story.

Oh I love that movie, even if it's sad!!
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Joss did work with a comic illustrator and some others to create "The Shepherd's Tale" graphic novel. That has Shepard's back story according to Joss.
  • miss_jessiejane
    Options
    Joss did work with a comic illustrator and some others to create "The Shepherd's Tale" graphic novel. That has Shepard's back story according to Joss.

How did I not know that!!! I'm going to Amazon to buy that right now!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Thanks to Netflix, I too, heart Firefly.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I, too, was late to the beauty that was Firefly!! So much greatness!! I have been on a rewatch lately and am always struck by how good it is.

mni8fLX.gif

1M59TIa.jpg
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I must have this!!
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    i love firefly! At least we had the film serenity too though! But i will still never forgive them! too many decent shoes get cancelled :(
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I LOVED Firefly. Really don't understand why it was cancelled.

Don't feel too bad about the late-love. I didn't give the 2004 Battlestar Gallactica (w/ Edward Olmos) a chance until late last year and I'm kind of glad. I knew when it would be over (which helps ease the pain) and didn't have to wait and wait for the next episode to come out. Imagine if you were totally enthralled with Firefly, waiting for the next season to come out, only to hear it was cancelled. Heart. Crushing. Much better this way.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    i love firefly! At least we had the film serenity too though! But i will still never forgive them! too many decent shoes get cancelled :(

I hate it when they cancel my favorite shoes. :laugh:
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3f5a2eano1r6uuw0.gif?w=590
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I am way overdue for a rewatch of this. Time to dust off my DVDs!
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Everybody loves Firefly. I'm hoping that Netflix will pick it up again, like they did Arrested Development...and that it wouldn't be as **** as that was.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I love(d) Firefly.

Why, you may ask?

For introducing me to Christina Hendricks.

admit-it-firefly-saffron-sexy-hell-demotivational-poster-1264405158.jpg

Yes. Yes, I would.
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love it! I watched Serenity on Netflix before I knew there was a series. I loved it so much, I watched the entire series in one weekend.
  • amandaknight787
    Options
    I can only imagine the pain! I had seen "Hearts of Gold" on Sci Fi before starting the DVD series. I thought I had 2 episodes left to watch but then realized I only had one since I had seen this one and was heartbroken! I almost had a panic attack watching the last one. So... Many... Unanswered... Questions...

I can definitely see the problem with people seeing them in an order other than what Whedon intended (like Fox did). I am amazed at the thoroughness (??) of thought he put into this and you can tell the actors loved it. You really shouldn't mess with genius.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Thinking of Firefly takes me to my happy place...