Who here works out their skin?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    LOL! Look at all of those um points of interest :)
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just looked at a couple videos on YouTube. The brushes look similar to the one we use on our horse. I guess next time I go to the barn I'll have to " borrow" Kota's brush.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    The brushes look similar to the one we use on our horse.
    Sarah Jessica Parker swears by it.

96jqf5.jpg
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My skin gets the "lift heavy things and sweat like a *kitten* in church" treatment at least 4 times a week.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    It is an organ of elimination, it discharges more than a pound of waste every day.
    MUH SKIN POOPS ?!

:laugh: ... And now everyone in the office is staring at me like I'm nuts.
  • JennaBlu
    JennaBlu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i used to practice dry-brushing, but have found significantly better results with these special fish.
    they just love dead skin, nom nom nom!

I89WdLr.jpg

LOL...I would not be able to sit still. That is neat. I heard about that for your feet.
  • JennaBlu
    JennaBlu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is an organ of elimination, it discharges more than a pound of waste every day.
    MUH SKIN POOPS ?!

:laugh: ... And now everyone in the office is staring at me like I'm nuts.

maybe waste wasn't a good word...:laugh:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    My skin gets the Insanity routine. I used to work in the skincare industry so I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to that. My skin workout routine:
    AM and PM
    Body Brush with Elemis brush
    Use Salux Cloth with homemade soap
    Use homemade body lotion during the day (with vitamin c added) or homemade body butter at night
    Wax/Epilate if needed

On my rest days (like today)
    Take a hot epsom salt, milk, and lavender flower bath
    Use homemade scrub
    Use homemade mud mask for 15 minutes
    Use homemade body butter

I assume you don't have kids. If you do, you are the luckiest mommy in the world!! I'm jealous. :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be good for your lymph system, too, encouraging lymph circulation.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I work mine daily. Keeps my youthful vigor.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for many, many year for keratosis - little tiny dry bumps on the backs of my arms & legs. Dry brushing will keep them away. Didn't know about these other reasons!!!!
    wow, I have those bumps in the back of my arms and never knew there was a name for it! thanks for sharing!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    This is enlightening! Thanks to you, Monday would be Skin workout day and not Back & biceps day anymore
  • MinMin97
    Options
    I've been doing this for many, many year for keratosis - little tiny dry bumps on the backs of my arms & legs. Dry brushing will keep them away. Didn't know about these other reasons!!!!
    wow, I have those bumps in the back of my arms and never knew there was a name for it! thanks for sharing!
    I have gotten rid of those bumps by using a Buff Puff type scrubbie in the shower daily, then moisturizing. Makes perfect skin there where the dry bumps were.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I work mine daily. Keeps my youthful vigor.

LMFAO.. sorry.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    They aren't really dry skin, they are tiny little deposits of keratin at the base of the hair follicle. The brushing (or a buff puff & I've even used a scotch scrubber too) loosens the little plugs. Then a good moisturizer, I use coconut oil. The problem is you have to do it ALL the time or they come right back! :tongue:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    They aren't really dry skin, they are tiny little deposits of keratin at the base of the hair follicle. The brushing (or a buff puff & I've even used a scotch scrubber too) loosens the little plugs. Then a good moisturizer, I use coconut oil. The problem is you have to do it ALL the time or they come right back! :tongue:
    Makes sense!
    They do come back, however, I've noticed the better the circulation there, the less problem I have. Weight lifting seems to help me. Also a natural moisturizer...one with natural oils in it.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I think I have now truly seen it all.

(shakes head)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have started to work my largest inner organ. I am going to drink a 6 pack tonight and really put my liver to work! Thanks for the suggestion OP!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Can I do this with a dry loofah?

My aging skin gets extremely dry. I exfoliate in the shower then slather myself with baby oil and moisturizer on top, but the idea of topping up with a dry loofah in between appeals to me. Just for the scratch alone, if nothing else.