Juicing is working for me!

Options

Replies

• Tiffanywork
    Tiffanywork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of strictly juicing and feel great and lost 6 lbs. My husband keeps asking how long I'm going to do it and I'm hoping to do at least the 30 days...shooting for 60 days. Not once have I been hungry for normal food or wanted the food I cook for my husband and kids. I needed to get more veggies in my diet and to get healthy and this is working.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*
    Stop starving yourselves everyone!
  • Ademar111
    Ademar111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What kind of Juicer do you have? I have tried two and they did not work very well.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Juicing didn't work for A-Rod in the long run. :laugh:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Juicing didn't work for A-Rod in the long run. :laugh:
    [/quote

lol
  • comingsize12
    comingsize12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @lachancework I plan on going til the end of this year. I'm sure I can do it. I too cook for my husband and never eat what I cook. I'm pretty satisfied with juicing. Good luck
  • comingsize12
    Options
    What kind of Juicer do you have? I have tried two and they did not work very well.

Admemarlll

I have a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer from Wal-Mart its about $100 and its working well for me. Good luck and happy juicing
  • Tiffanywork
    Tiffanywork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...I'll see how it goes with the 60 days and maybe I'll go longer. I'm very satisfied with just juicing also and I don't feel hungry. Just wish I had time to fit in more exercise. Keep in touch and let me know how it's going.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Not hating - but just mentioning that it might not work for some people if they are intolerant to Carbs - especially from fruit. I am intolerant - in other words I've been tested and my body is very talented at converting Carbs into fat, so much so that I can only eat a small handful of berries after strenuous exercise. That's all the fruit I can do because of my body-type. I can't eat much dairy, rice or any wheat based products either because of this.
    I am trying to lose nearly three more stone (40lbs) to get to my healthy goal weight of 154lbs (11 Stone) - I am 5ft 7.
    So if I had loads of fruit I would sabotage my strict eating regime of fish, lean meats, eggs, nuts and veggies.
    It's worth finding out what your body can tolerate before starting any new regime.

It was mentioned before - different strokes for different folks - there's no magic bullet or one thing that will work for everyone.

I must admit I'm interested in trying the veggie juice with Kale :smile:
  • Som2224
    Som2224 Posts: 12
    Options
    I did a 30 day juice fast last summer and lost 27lbs! I have Hashimotos and was able to put that into remission and it is still not bothering me a year later. My blood pressure dropped from 140/85 to 118/70 and it is still that low. I feel like I am a much healthier person to this day. I gained about 20 pounds back and I would love to juice fast again but I just don't have the willpower. It is tough and you have to be in the right state of mind. I am now counting calories and strength training. I do have a mean green juice most nights for dinner and feel fantastic in the morning. Good luck to all of you juicers and hang in there. Ignore the people that wont support you because it truly is healthy and wonderful for your body. It will give you amazing health results!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day juice fast last summer and lost 27lbs! I have Hashimotos and was able to put that into remission and it is still not bothering me a year later. My blood pressure dropped from 140/85 to 118/70 and it is still that low. I feel like I am a much healthier person to this day. I gained about 20 pounds back and I would love to juice fast again but I just don't have the willpower. It is tough and you have to be in the right state of mind. I am now counting calories and strength training. I do have a mean green juice most nights for dinner and feel fantastic in the morning. Good luck to all of you juicers and hang in there. Ignore the people that wont support you because it truly is healthy and wonderful for your body. It will give you amazing health results!

Do you really want to go through life losing 30 pounds and then putting it back on over the course of a year?
    Why not just eat at a reasonable deficit and then maintain when you get to your goal weight?
  • JSorosiak
    Options
    I know! i juice veggies every morning. I try and mix them up at least once a week. I got on here raving about how good I felt the first week I started juicing and got NOTHING but bad feedback. It was discouraging but I kept going and I still feel amazing!
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For all you juicers, I have a few questions. After I gave birth to my son (2 1/2 years ago) I was juicing in the morning and having 2 solid meals. I felt great and it helped to get some of that baby weight off!!

I would like to start juicing again, but I'm not sure if I want to just juice. Can you juice all day and have a solid healthy meal (chicken & vegetables)? How many juices do you make/drink a day? Can I make a big batch in the morning to take to work and drink as I feel the need?? Or should you make fresh juice every time?? I can't bring my Jack Lelane to work with me!! Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new at this.
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • comingsize12
    Options
    For all you juicers, I have a few questions. After I gave birth to my son (2 1/2 years ago) I was juicing in the morning and having 2 solid meals. I felt great and it helped to get some of that baby weight off!!

I would like to start juicing again, but I'm not sure if I want to just juice. Can you juice all day and have a solid healthy meal (chicken & vegetables)? How many juices do you make/drink a day? Can I make a big batch in the morning to take to work and drink as I feel the need?? Or should you make fresh juice every time?? I can't bring my Jack Lelane to work with me!! Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new at this.

@wbfd22

Maybe you should start with juicing twice a day and include the lean meal you've mentioned. I drink 2-3 drinks a day most days 3. If I have a date with my hubby, go out to eat or just want some solids. I would juice two times that day. I teach so I'm home for the summer and I'm going back soon so I tried freezing a drink to see if it taste the same and it was pretty good. So in a few weeks I will be freezing and having my juice for lunch. I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Good luck # teamjuicers
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Im on day 8 of juice fasting! i was 147 pounds and now im 142! I love it and I feel so healthy! im reaching out to people here because i need a support group of friends who are doing this too, anyone wanna be friends and do this together??

This week I started juicing for breakfast and lunch and then I do a sensible dinner so I can share with my family too.
    I feel great and I am losing weight again (I had hit a plateau). Also my belly is flatter and I feel energized with ZERO CRAVINGS. My mother in law bought us a juicer last Saturday and I have been using it twice a day everyday this week. I bought the book Juicing Bible and I have been drinking the juices that they recommend to combat overweight and the ones they recommend to promote muscle strength.

Two of the Juicing Bible recipes

FOR OVERWEIGHT
    Melon Morning Cocktail
    2-inch slice watermelon
    1/4 cantaloupe
    2 oranges
    2 pineapple wedges
    Using a juicer process all the fruits, whisk and pour into glasses

FOR MUSCLE POWERS
    Popeye's Power
    2 Kale leaves
    6 spinach leaves
    1 beet, top intact
    1 fresh dandelion root
    2 tsp blackstrap molasses (10 ml)
    Using a juicer, process everything. Whisk together with molasses and pour into a glass.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options

This week I have been juicing for breakfast and lunch and I eat dinner with my family. I eat a healthy dinner. I also use protein powder in my lunch juice because I workout in the morning and I need the powder protein for muscle recovery. I am losing weight. I do not feel deprived or starving. I also take my multivitamins and a probiotic supplement. I snack on raw fruits and vegetables between meals (or juices) because you still need the fiber. I find juicing helpful in the sense that you may be able to introduce to your diet in the form of juices vegetables and/or fruits that you may not eat otherwise. I feel that the juices should not completely replace whole fruits and vegetables, but it is really up to you.

I have read that you should try to drink the juice within 2 hours of making it, because this is fresh juice and since it is not pasteurized it could be easily contaminated with bacteria. I also read that if you need to store the juice you should use glass containers vs plastic.
  • Madele1ne
    Madele1ne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What concerns me most about this thread is the constant use of 'juice' as an intransitive verb
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love making fresh vegetable juice. I don't like cleaning the juicer.
  • Som2224
    Som2224 Posts: 12
    Options
    I totally agree that gaining the weight back was not good! However, if one was to use juicing for the health benefits and a jump start to weight loss it is sooooo worth it. I juice fasted and then went right back to eating terrible. I should have eaten healthier and joined MFP sooner. I actually didn't gain that much back until recently (last 2 months) when I had a lot of stress in my life. Juicing truly is such a great way to get healthy and I think if one goes into it with the idea that they have to continue a healthy lifestyle then by all means juice fast.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!