How to attain a slender look

Options

Replies

• mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Brilliant article. Thanks for posting. Oh to be part of the genetic elite ;-)
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Interesting, but I don't feel that I've come away with any solid advice from the article.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Interesting, but I don't feel that I've come away with any solid advice from the article.

Seriously? I thought it was an excellent article packed full of good advice. :drinker:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • laphillips12
    laphillips12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Bret is always a good read.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Okay, the information is very good. However, I got a lot of good laughs looking at all the photoshopped photos.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has already shared this in the forums. It answers a lot of questions that I see come up a lot in the forums. It's a very good article for people that have this goal and for others to consider when giving advice. The article is by Bret Contreras. This thread will go much better if people take the time to read the article before replying (unless just bumping to read later) because I'm not summarizing it. Also, I did not write this article (don't shoot the messenger, please and thank you).

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

I didn't read the article but I think it's totally inappropriate that you are unwilling to summarize this article and are trying to force me to go to a DIFFERENT website and actually READ.

We're all here for the same thing...and that thing does not include going to a different site or reading.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has already shared this in the forums. It answers a lot of questions that I see come up a lot in the forums. It's a very good article for people that have this goal and for others to consider when giving advice. The article is by Bret Contreras. This thread will go much better if people take the time to read the article before replying (unless just bumping to read later) because I'm not summarizing it. Also, I did not write this article (don't shoot the messenger, please and thank you).

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

I didn't read the article but I think it's totally inappropriate that you are unwilling to summarize this article and are trying to force me to go to a DIFFERENT website and actually READ.

We're all here for the same thing...and that thing does not include going to a different site or reading.

baw ha ha ha ha ha ha

lazy will be lazy.

seriously? god forbid you do a little research on your own.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options

baw ha ha ha ha ha ha

lazy will be lazy.

seriously? god forbid you do a little research on your own.

Rude. Stop bullying my with insults like lazy!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    BAW HA HAHAHAHA

I'm having a terrible morning and you have made it totally better. thanks. needed that.

I need my Fry MEME...

not sure if serious... or..... LOL
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What a great article, thank you for sharing that!
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    BAW HA HAHAHAHA

I'm having a terrible morning and you have made it totally better. thanks. needed that.

I need my Fry MEME...

not sure if serious... or..... LOL

I would never joke about bullying. Think of the children.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    From the article. This is awesome...

My primary advice to ladies seeking the “slender model look,” however, is the following:

Wait until you start getting “bulky” or “overly muscular” until you decide to switch up your training.

Start off training just like other fit women. Wait til you get too bulky to admonish heavy strength training. Many women never bulk up or develop bulging muscles. This is why the typical strength training advice – to focus on progressive overload on a handful of primary movement patterns – works for a good percentage of women.

Moreover, any muscle that a women packs on will elevate their metabolic rate and help them lose bodyfat. So the training itself and the adaptations the training imposes will help women reduce their bodyfat levels and improve body composition.

I loved this part as well and found it to be good advice. Heavy lifting is worth a try and it's not forever- if you don't like the results, it's not like it's a lifetime heroin addiction.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I want to read this but it's blocked at work!! Can anyone copy and paste it?
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    A really informative, even-handed approach. We could stand to have a little more of that around here. Thanks for sharing it!:flowerforyou:
  • OneDayInSeptember
    Options
    Save for later...
  • Dana31601
    Dana31601 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great article. Loved it...