random side effects of losing weight~ what are yours??

Options
what are some of your fun, or funny, or even surprising ( or annoying) weight loss side effects?

--- my funniest one, something i never really thought about, is my shoe size has shrunk!!

i used to be a 6.5. after 5 kids I was up to a 7. now, I'm down to a 6!! it's kinda annoying because i have to buy new and expensive shoes again, LOL!!!

let's keep each other motivated!! :-)

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Well, i have found the old saying to be true.."You are what you eat" I no longer feel sluggish anymore.. like some of the things i was eating!

just this morning.. i did not know i had eaten a sexy beast! but sure enough.... :laugh:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I had to buy all new clothes. The husband's T-shirts just don't cut it anymore.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My feet shrunk too! Crazy! I almost lost my wedding ring because apparently my fingers lost weight too. I need to have them all sized ASAP! Clothes are fun again, that's nice. I don't spend ALL my money on art supplies like I did. My 8 year old daughter wrapped her arms around my waist and had room to spare. Lots of little things that keep me motivated!
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    decreased libido
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    lol Your post reminds me, OP, of my friend Kathy. Years ago, she lost a little weight and was irritated that her fingers didn't fit right in her bowling ball anymore and were throwing off her game.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Well, i have found the old saying to be true.."You are what you eat" I no longer feel sluggish anymore.. like some of the things i was eating!

just this morning.. i did not know i had eaten a sexy beast! but sure enough.... :laugh:

LOL!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    decreased libido

This too
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    1. Rings don't fit well anymore.
    2. Have to buy new clothes all the time.
    3. The pictures I post on Facebook suddenly get a lot more likes.
    4. Someone told me I'd be too small for the clothing in their store rather than too big.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Decreased libido comes from too much exercise, especially too much cardio, so I've read. Apparently weight lifting for around 20 minutes a day, no more, helps libido.
  • Me_vs_obesity
    Options
    Increased libido (im lucky for this one)
    More pimples than usual.
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm the most heat-sensitive person I know, with only one exception. Before I started losing weight I'd be uncomfortable by 75°. Lately it can get up to 85° and I'm still chilly. :O

Drinking cold water constantly doesn't help, lol. But I don't mind being cold because I can fix it with clothing and blankets. Heat, on the other hand, there's nothing I can really do. I'll take the cold any day.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My (expensive prescription) sunglasses now look huge on my face.

Chairs feel harder because there is less cushion. ;)

My anklet doesn't need an extender link anymore.

Could it be . . . now my hats seem too big??!!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Here's an interesting thing I've realized this week: I'm at a music festival, and I'm having a much easier time standing up all day! I remember being at this same festival last year and joking to my friends that I'm getting too old for this because my feet were killing me, and it turns out that it was all that excess fat that made it so difficult. I feel so much better now.
  • BSH1993
    BSH1993 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm the most heat-sensitive person I know, with only one exception. Before I started losing weight I'd be uncomfortable by 75°. Lately it can get up to 85° and I'm still chilly. :O

Drinking cold water constantly doesn't help, lol. But I don't mind being cold because I can fix it with clothing and blankets. Heat, on the other hand, there's nothing I can really do. I'll take the cold any day.

Yes Yes Yes! I am freezing it up 24/7!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm cold now more than before, I however sleep better and feel better :}
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I had sleep apnoea last year, but it disappeared as soon as I started losing weight ... :)
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I get cold a lot easier now! Brrrrrrrrr! Also I have less natural cushiining, so sitting is not as comfortable. It makes me get up and move more!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    these are alll so great! i love hearing other people's random side effects of losing weight!

i hadn't even thought about bowling balls or sitting in chairs!

the decrease in libido is kinda a bummer...... i wonder if there is anything to the chill out on the cardio and lift more?? my ex spent 2 hrs in the gym every day pretty much and he not only had ZERO libido he had a hard time "getting to attention" and staying there....... not sure why.

oh and the COLD!!! i can so relate to this. we don't have central air and a fan does the trick for me, but once i'm cold, i have the hardest time warming up. short of a burning hot shower i'm screwed!

and yes on the standing and moving and being able to do all day activities!

HOW FUN! Keep them coming!!!
  • lisahoss
    lisahoss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Riding in a plane is much roomier now. I can cross my legs and I have room to spare in the seat.
  • missimplicity
    missimplicity Posts: 31 Member
    Options

--- my funniest one, something i never really thought about, is my shoe size has shrunk!!

This happened to me too!!!!!