So, Who's in Maintenance?

Options

Replies

• Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of on maintenance..just on a mission to size up gradually while staying as lean as possible...sure it is slow progress,but It feel good.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Currently in maintenance whilst I train for a half marathon. I figure as my mileage increases I'm going to need to eat to fuel it. I'll probably switch back to trying to lose again after the half marathon in October.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEE:drinker: as of today!!!! yeehaaa. glad to see this forum as after two years of losing being the focus ima bit unsure on where to from here!!! but i will give it my best shot! just posted my success story today .
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    Very happy to see this board!

I started maintaining a few weeks ago. I am still so worried that I will gain all of my weight back. I have stopped logging my food, may log every once in a while. But I log in everyday and log my exercises. I have always eaten back my calories unless I am just not hungry.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started maintenance last month. I slowly have added calories back into my diet. And I must admit its tough.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm technically considered to be "in maintenance". I think I would like to lose five more pounds, but rather than looking at weight or a number, I'm looking at body composition. I can still "pinch an inch" (remember those old Special K commercials?), though my abs are finally starting to show! :drinker:
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly making the switch to maintenance mode. I have enough of a deficit that I am sloooooooowly loosing weight but not actively trying to maintain at this moment. I just got a Y membership, so I am sooooo excited to start doing some free-weights and body recomposition work now!
  • jat100
    jat100 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, been trying to maintain for nearly a year!!! I just cannot get it right. Any amount of calories I add I put the weight on. once again I am trying to shift the extra pounds. :(
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight in May (Mother's Day, to be exact), and have not only been maintaining since then, but I have actually lost inches. Right now, I am still exercising 6 days a week like I was in loss mode, but have upped my calories and have added Stronglifts 5x5. The whole trial-and-error involved with increasing calories is a little intimidating to me--I'm on the petite side so I'm a little concerned about gaining some back. Yes, I know it's irrational and I just have to get over it. :)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight a year ago, but I've lost about 8 more pounds since then, so I'm now working to maintain the weight I am now, rather than my original goal weight! I don't want to lose any more weight, though.

It's taken me a while to figure out my maintenance strategy. For the last two months I've been eating at my estimated TDEE (1750 calories) and not subtracting out/eating back exercise calories. It seems to be working, but I'll just keep monitoring and adjusting as needed.

My main goal now is to increase my strength, flexibility, and hoop dance skillz!
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance ;)
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am trying to maintain. I find it a bit stressful cuz i can be a bit obsessive when i gain a pound or two. I know weight is supposed fluctuate at times, but it still stinks to see the scale go up. I keep telling myself evenif i gained 5 pounds i would still only be 115 lbs. I wish i could just relax and stop obsessing!
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I started eating at maintenance in late May. I still had about 5 pounds to lose, but I decided to maintain over the summer and take a break. I did really well until mid July. I have now gained about 5 pounds, so will be going back to eating at a deficit once school starts again next week (I teach). I guess you could say I failed at maintenance. But I know what mistakes I made, so I know I can turn this around.

Good luck to all. I will be checking out this forum often.
    If you don't mind, could you share the mistakes you made?
  • tootoop224
    Options

I started transitioning this past spring and so far it's going ok-still trying to find my rhythm yet :)

Don't do it Gollum. It's too easy and you'll probably get a strike........But Smeagul can't just not call it out, he set himself up for it he did

Ok, what did I do lol. I read what I posted like 3 times and I'm not getting it?

Its not funny if I tell you
    I'm not getting it either and gotta tell ya, it ain't funny if you DON'T tell either.:laugh:
  • Adzereem
    Adzereem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I started eating at maintenance in late May. I still had about 5 pounds to lose, but I decided to maintain over the summer and take a break. I did really well until mid July. I have now gained about 5 pounds, so will be going back to eating at a deficit once school starts again next week (I teach). I guess you could say I failed at maintenance. But I know what mistakes I made, so I know I can turn this around.

Hi. My biggest mistake was to stop logging. I knew I didn't want to log over vacation, but I actually stopped before vacation, and didn't start back when I got home. While I continued to do c25k, I stopped strength training. I have the summers off, and I thought I was going to get in a bunch of activity. But I have actually been less active overall, and I still ate the same. Lastly, I have been really bad about eating out, and not making the best choices when I go.

I am back at work Monday, so my overall daily activity level will be higher. And it will be easier to control lunches and breakfast. It will be harder to get in workouts, but for some reason I do better in those situations.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I started transitioning this past spring and so far it's going ok-still trying to find my rhythm yet :)

Don't do it Gollum. It's too easy and you'll probably get a strike........But Smeagul can't just not call it out, he set himself up for it he did

Ok, what did I do lol. I read what I posted like 3 times and I'm not getting it?

I'm not getting it either and gotta tell ya, it ain't funny if you DON'T tell either.:laugh:

Fine...You guys got me....I'll give you a hint.

How might a female, such as the OP, begin her "transition" and struggle with certain "rhythm"?
  • tootoop224
    Options

Hi. My biggest mistake was to stop logging. I knew I didn't want to log over vacation, but I actually stopped before vacation, and didn't start back when I got home. While I continued to do c25k, I stopped strength training. I have the summers off, and I thought I was going to get in a bunch of activity. But I have actually been less active overall, and I still ate the same. Lastly, I have been really bad about eating out, and not making the best choices when I go.

I am back at work Monday, so my overall daily activity level will be higher. And it will be easier to control lunches and breakfast. It will be harder to get in workouts, but for some reason I do better in those situations.
    Very Helpful. Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tootoop224
    Options

Fine...You guys got me....I'll give you a hint.

How might a female, such as the OP, begin her "transition" and struggle with certain "rhythm"?
    Ahhhh... So sorry I asked.:ohwell:
  • sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i've been maintaining for almost 1 year. Still logging, weigh a couple of times a week. Had my first week off logging last week and didn't gain but am logging again now because i knew i was starting to eat more sweet stuff and I wanted to nip it in the bud. Somehow having to write it down really helps me to decide whether i actual need to eat it or I'm just mindlessly eating because i'm bored/stressed whatever...I think maintenance is just as hard as losing. It's hard when you're not achieving the loss every week. I'm trying to make up for that by focusing on fitness goals, at the moment reducing my 5k running time.