random side effects of losing weight~ what are yours??

Options

Replies

• ProudMammaTo3
    Options
    All my nice rings don't fit, my clothes don't fit and i dont have the money to just go buy a new wardrobe so I'm wearing the same few outfits over and over again... and I feel like I have no boobs anymore :X
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1. sitting in chairs. ouch! gotta move my butt.
    2. get cold easier.
    3. shoe size. have small feet. now flopping in my 3 1/2's.
    4. shirts that were big when i was in college now feel even bigger
    5. my hubby can hug me and touch his arms above his elbows.
    6. am in sizes I never thought about being in. smallest I ever remember was a 10, in high school/college. slipping around in 8's( 6's in my near future).
    7. found the hollow in my neck the other day.
    8. exercise asthma has decreased alot!
    9. lost one ring last year :( actually wearing my mom's diamond engagement ring.(she was a tiny woman). The band still feels a bit tight, so it will have to wait a bit longer.
    10. having to give up my Southern Belle card. can't drink sweet tea anymore.
    11. large meals are impossible now. just the thought of trying to eat like I used to makes me queasy.
    12. happy that I am learning to eat healthier and my kids are following along/helping me out.

ok. my list got too long. lol
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes,shorts,underwear,pants,etc
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    decreased libido

This often due to too drastic of a calorie deficit, specifically a lack of calories from carbs.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Shoe size shrinking.

Ring size shrinking - until I get it resized I've been wearing my engagement ring on my middle finger so I don't lose it!

Hair and nails seem to grow faster (I've been told this is a result of the vitamins I take)

I'm more critical of myself. This one is hard. I still have the mentality of what I looked like when I was heavier, but even 8 lbs down I just find that I am harder on myself emotionally if I have bad day, or hit a plateau, or dislike how i look in pictures. I hope this goes away when I lose more but its weird how once I began losing weight, I also began treating myself harsher, like I should be losing faster, or I should "know better" if I have a bad eating day. :-|
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the cold thing. I've always been one of those "cold people", but it's just gotten soooo much worse. I can't stand for it to drop under about 82-83 degrees. It could be partially the low blood pressure meds I'm taking for migraines, too, though. Winter is going to suck hard.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's so much easier for me to fall asleep now--I'm so tired from working out that usually within a few minutes of my head hitting the pillow, I'm out.

I usually wear my work pants several times before I wash them (unless they get dirty in some way!) but now that I'm losing, I have to wash them more often so they'll shrink up and not be so baggy. That's a good one. :-)
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Having to buy new clothes!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    1. Shoe size got smaller - from a size 10 now a 9
    2. New clothes - from size 14 pants, now a 2. Surprises me when I get a size to fit thinking it's too small then I try it on and it's actually too big. How small I've gotten still hasn't caught up with my brain! and new bras. :( byebye girls.
    3. Rings - used to be tight on my ring finger, then moved to my middle finger then pointer and well pointless to have it on my thumb so I'm getting them resized. Pinky ring now goes on my ring finger. LOL
    4. Guys have been getting uh... friendlier. The feeling of being approached and introduced to in a bar/club by cute guys and to be bought a drink. The double takes I get from guys when I walk by. (This never used to happen to me. Always got ignored by guys.) It is so flattering yet makes me feel awkward most of the time!
    5. I can walk anywhere! I used to hate walking. Now I'd walk anywhere, always moving and moving. I don't get easily tired anymore.
    6. Can't sit on my *kitten* for too long, cushion is gone. It hurts.
    7. I am always cold now. Don't sweat anymore unless it's reaaaaaaaaaally hot or I'm working out.
    8. Some women who found out I've lost weight give me nasty looks. Weird.
    9. Normal people put food on their plate and balance it out to their liking, what I see on my plate is protein, fats and carbs. LOL
    10. People take photos of their food to post on Instagram, I do it so I can figure out how to log it on MFP later on.
    11. I now can count how many shots I've drank for a night out. (Well, on most nights. I lose count sometimes :/)
    12. When I eat out, I look at the veggies section first.
    13. Love water. Love love love it.
    14. I've learned to LOVE fruits.
    15. How I can go to the gym and work out and not feel conscious about people staring at me laughing at me.
    16. Loving myself. :)

Anddddd a lot lot more!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Large seeping pimples on my face. Seriously. I have had 7 of them since Memorial Day. And I am 47, way too old for acne.

I've also had difficulty sleeping at night. More energy, need less sleep. Most nights I get 5 or less hours. Seems to catch up though on Saturdays.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    -I'm cold a lot more often
    -People look at me more (I hate when people stare at me)
    -Everyone is a lot nicer
    -I have more gym clothes than work clothes
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Libido is a little more, but my stamina is INCREDIBLE! Good lord!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat the way I use to even if I want to. To much fat and sugar messes with my stomach and makes me sick for days.
  • SergeantG
    Options
    decreased libido

THAT TOTALLY SUCKS DUDE!!!

Mine has actually increased....due to feeling sexier perhaps :tongue:
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    This one!!! What a great and awesome side effect!!!!

16. Loving myself. :)

Anddddd a lot lot more!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    this is SOOO me! more work out clothes, socks, shoes, gear. i think i have a million protein shakers now, LOL!!!

-I have more gym clothes than work clothes

i thought about another cool and random side effect of getting stronger through strength training.
    -- i can pick up any HUGE bag of food at the feed store ( dog, chicken, bunny, cat) and carry it to my car myself without help. most of these bags are 50 lbs and i just pick em up and carry em out, LOL!
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings are much bigger, my watch is sized to the smallest size and is still too big, my boobs shrunk and the weight keeps dropping even though I'm not trying anymore.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    seeing food as "calories" like I see some junk and I'll ask my BF "what do you think, 200 or 300?"

weird cravings when I haven't worked out in a while

weird looks in the office when I don't indulge myself.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you guys are talking about being cold. I feel hot all the time now. I am sweating doing the dishes.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I spend more time reading the labels on food items, not just the calories but the number of grams of saturated fat and ingredients. I have noticed that I have a harder time staying warm in the winter.

8488541.png