How do you deal with alcohol?

Options

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I love drinking, and it usually takes about 1500 ml of beers for me to start being tipsy and having fun.

If you need that much beer to get tipsy, I almost think you're having a drinking problem.

1500ml of beer is just over 4 beers...relax.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I brew my own beer these days and it's too good not to partake in. So I do 5:2 IF on Tues/Thurs, keep calories low other days of the week, then don't worry about anything on weekends. And I work my booty off at the gym 5-6 days a week as well. Still losing.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I drink it. :drinker:

Honest answer - I budget the calories in my daily goal and, if need be, add some extra exercise in to make it work.

Yup ... me too. :drinker:
  • missimplicity
    missimplicity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    have we started drinking yet>
    I have!
    a nice bottle of pink bubbly by the pool.
    lets drink, then chat

Just waiting for quitting time. LOL!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    well...

....i don't :) been sober 6+ years now.
  • Chrissymmartin
    Chrissymmartin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I log whatever I drink. I allow myself like 1 night every 2 weeks-month or so to drink beer, otherwise like everyone else on here I try to drink liquor. Rum & diet is like 70 calories, vodka soda, vodka water, etc. I'd try to find a light beer and stay away from the fruity drinks. They're full of sugar and carbs and so not worth it.

That's my plan, and it's working so far :) I know my counter says only 1 pound lost, but since my initial start it's upwards of 12-13 lbs lost, I just reset it when I jumped back on the wagon...
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    well...

Can I buy you a YooHoo? ;-)
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love drinking, and it usually takes about 1500 ml of beers for me to start being tipsy and having fun.

If you need that much beer to get tipsy, I almost think you're having a drinking problem.

1500ml of beer is just over 4 beers...relax.

but, but, mL is metric! What was he supposed to do? Use Google? That's like 2 clicks away! COME ON MAN!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    well...

please do-hoo, and that also buys you a ticket to the no-pants party ;)
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options

If you need that much beer to get tipsy, I almost think you're having a drinking problem. You built up a lot of resistance to alcohol and you need it to have fun... Sounds like a recipe to alcoholism and an unhealthy relationship with your social life. This is taking a huge toll on your liver too, so I wouldn't call your lifestyle healthy.

My advice? Start drinking a lot less for some time. Once you detox your body from its resistance to alcohol you'll end up needing a lot less beer to get tipsy. What worries me is that you have a dependency on alcohol to have fun though. Sounds like you need a change of environment and friends, or start working on yourself mentally so that you don't even need alcohol anymore.

I drink it purely because sometimes I enjoy the taste of the beverages, but I never use it to have fun in social situations because I know how to be open and have a good time without it. You should give it a try.

I'm sorry to be rude- but I disagree. That's what I drink and I'm considered a lightweight (but, to be honest and put it in perspective, I AM a college kid...). And they never said they "need" it... it sounded more like a treat. I was almost insulted by the implication, even though it wasn't directed at me- my parents drink much, much more than that and live wonderful, normal lives. They just have a tolerance- you can have the tolerance without the addiction.

After saying this and being rather mean, I partly agree with your advice. If you do stop drinking for extended periods of time, less gets you farther when you do get to finally go out. Since changing my diet and lessening my drinking I've noticed a lot less gets me a lot farther when I do go out.

And your last bit... "You should give it a try"? Please. THAT was completely uncalled for. Don't be so judgmental over something you don't fully understand. They probably have tons of fun without alcohol- but in general it just helps to loosen people up, letting them have more fun. It's rude to imply they can't have fun without it, because they never stated such a thing.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

If you need that much beer to get tipsy, I almost think you're having a drinking problem. You built up a lot of resistance to alcohol and you need it to have fun... Sounds like a recipe to alcoholism and an unhealthy relationship with your social life. This is taking a huge toll on your liver too, so I wouldn't call your lifestyle healthy.

My advice? Start drinking a lot less for some time. Once you detox your body from its resistance to alcohol you'll end up needing a lot less beer to get tipsy. What worries me is that you have a dependency on alcohol to have fun though. Sounds like you need a change of environment and friends, or start working on yourself mentally so that you don't even need alcohol anymore.

I drink it purely because sometimes I enjoy the taste of the beverages, but I never use it to have fun in social situations because I know how to be open and have a good time without it. You should give it a try.

oh cool, that person's here
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    well...

please do-hoo, and that also buys you a ticket to the no-pants party ;)

So....

If he buys you a YooHoo, he gets to see your Hoo-Hoo?
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How do I deal with alcohol?

Drink it, enjoy it, log it - and don't feel too bad about it. If you do, go to the gym. If you're still tipsy the next morning - go to Zumba or Cardio Funk and pretend you are at a club. People may stare - but who cares! Just yell Woo-hoo - do the whole rodeo thing with your arms and show them what's up. Cheers!
  • sarahhan95
    Options

A little too fast jumping to conclusions.... I don't drink any alcohol for 9 months when I am at school. During this summer, back to my country, I only have 3 nights out in 8 weeks, I have never binged drinking, and I don't need alcohol to have fun. It's our culture that when we have a "reunion" night, we would sit with our friends, drink beers, and just talk. Granted it takes a lot of alcohol for me to start joking around and being open and honest but that is how I have always been.

Thank you for your concerns, but judgments like these should be thrown around with a little bit more care, I think.
  • 1der_Nana
    Options
    I used to drink like a fish! I was the life of the happy-hours, and get togethers. It's only Tuesday, yet we were already on our 2nd Happy Hour, and a cabby to take us home. I was smaller (160lbs, size6). But definitely NOT fit, or healthy at all. Diabetes & I ... we were best mates as a result of too much debauchery and poor choice of food!

"How do you deal with alcohol?" I stopped going to *every* Happy Hour I was invited. I also stopped spending time with mates who cannot respect that I now have a 2 drink max. *hahaha* I started occupying my "happy hour" (aka getting copacetically twisted), a different kind of happy hour (i.e. heading to the cinema for last chance matinee, or coffee/tea houses, for starters). I surround myself with circle of mates who appreciates a good ale, or a lovely flight of wine, versus chugging a pint or downing a bottle of wine. :flowerforyou:

Xx
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    How do I deal with alcohol?

Drink it, enjoy it, log it - and don't feel too bad about it. If you do, go to the gym. If you're still tipsy the next morning - go to Zumba or Cardio Funk and pretend you are at a club. People may stare - but who cares! Just yell Woo-hoo - do the whole rodeo thing with your arms and show them what's up. Cheers!

Ugh... That just reminded me of the time that I went to Zumba hung over... Dear baby Jesus. I'm amazed that I didn't barf.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    When I go out with the girls, I let me hair down.

I do not track that day.

I do not do it often.
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Water with a fresh lime. Low in calories and keeps you hydrated. I personally prefer Sky Coconut and water with a lime. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

However I do reserve the alcohol for the weekend.
  • scottrfraser
    scottrfraser Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I burn 1100+ calories per day on vigorous workout just so I can drink and keep my Net calories under limit.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I don't drink it ..... it's just easier that way.