Any other short torso/long leg females?

Options
I am blessed with long legs--but unfortunately those came with a short torso attached! I'm 5' 6", and my legs give me the illusion that I'm taller than I really am. However, my short torso is proving to be the biggest hurdle in this whole diet/exercise process!

I have a 26" waist, but it looks so compact because the distance from my bottom rib to my hip bones (which sit very high) is VERY SHORT.

I feel like I'm holding on to the last bit of fat in this area...

Can any other ladies sympathize with me on this!? It's frustrating!

Replies

• evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one!? ;)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same way about myself. I wish I could just stretch my torso out a bit to match the rest of me!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Have them bathed and sent to my tent.
  • evt84
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same way about myself. I wish I could just stretch my torso out a bit to match the rest of me!

Your torso looks GREAT in your profile pic!! Jealous!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This is me. Everyone thinks I'm taller than I really am (5'2"). Some clothes just never look right on me no matter what. I don't like things belted around the mid-section or anything with a higher waist. Sigh.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Yep, I'm another one! And even when at my leanest, I still have a bit of a belly.
  • evt84
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear that other ladies struggle with this too! (Well I'm not glad you struggle with it, but you know what I mean!)

My best friend is the same height as me but when we sit on the couch--my legs stick out further than hers, but I sit down a few inches lower than her in the head/shoulder area!

One of those things we just have to live with since there's no changing bone structure! We can dream, though :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Thanks, I'm working on it. Ultra low rise on the pants seem to help, too. Haha. That last bit of fat on the stomach and back/sides of the waist seem to be really difficult to budge. I always blame it on a short torso. :wink:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" but I have the same issue. Shirts are too short. Pants are too short.
    Bah, frustrating!
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am the same!!! I am 5'6" and my legs are long but I am short waisted and short torso'ed :(
    I feel so frustrated too as I can be slim but I look bigger as I have boobs, a butt and hips and all that seems to be squeezed into a teeny area! To look thin I have to BE thinner than a long torso person it seems!
    I agree on wearing low waisted clothing, that creates a longer line.. also avoid outfits that draw immediate attention to the waist.
    I dance so always wear skirts of shorts which are lower than the waist and when I go out too! I crave a long, lean look....seems impossible with a short torso...I feel you!!!! But I guess we have longer legs to make up for it ;)
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it this way, but this is exactly my problem. I am barely 5'2" and people always think I am taller. I have long and muscular legs, My arms and shoulders look good. But the big boobs and short torso make me still look bigger than I am.... yet I wear a size 6 or 27/28 in lower rise jeans....

Frustrating!!
  • evt84
    Options

Thanks, I'm working on it. Ultra low rise on the pants seem to help, too. Haha. That last bit of fat on the stomach and back/sides of the waist seem to be really difficult to budge. I always blame it on a short torso. :wink:

Ha!! I totally agree on the ultra low rise pants! (and then I can't bend down without my underwear hanging out in the back!) Glad you can commiserate :) There are definitely worse problems in the world but damn, what I wouldn't give to be proportionate!
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I also feel your pain. i'm only 5'4"...but back in the day I had a 6' tall boyfriend and I didn't have to move the seat to drive his car, but I feel sometimes like I should sit on a book to see over the dashboard. :)

And forget buying pants.
  • evt84
    Options
    Buying pants is the WORST!!

Oh, and I wish I had the big boobs that some of you girls speak of....I was NOT BLESSED in that department! (about 34A!)

Waaahhh!!! That makes my short torso look even worse since I'm so flat!
  • annasor70
    Options
    Nah, the smaller boobs probably make your torso longer and more streamlined...I like that look :) Try having 30D on a teeny short torso! :'(
  • evt84
    Options
    Well Annasor70 you look FANTASTIC in your profile picture!!

I think I'd still go for the bigger boobs...it's never good when your stomach sticks out further than your boobs no matter how skinny you are! I'd kill to at LEAST be a B cup ;) Maybe someday I can get that fixed! hehe...
  • annasor70
    Options
    Seriously don't ! If there's anything I've learned from ballet it's that humungous boobs don't create a pretty line ;)
    Thanks for the compliment.. you are very cute yourself!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    HA! I totally get this one. I'm 5'8" my husband is 6' and our legs are the exact same length. There's MAYBE 3" between the top of my hip bones and the bottom of my rib cage. I have huge broad shoulders 36G's and wear a size 6 shoe! I look like an upside down triangle with no waist to be seen. And of course the fat I carry comes off the belly LAST :mad:
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    5'10" and short waisted. I totally know what you mean about ribs being only a few inches above hip bones. If I slouch, they rub together :(
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Do you ever feel like you pinch something inbetween them sometimes when you move too fast? I've actually yelped out loud doing that and my husband looks at me like I'm crazy. I'm waiting for the time when I accidentally squish something important doing it....