ACE weight loss

Options

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I will post this again................

"Hard to find real information on this product as it is another MLM who's company floods the internet with distributers of the product. ....but I never give up.

"ACE's energy 'boost' comes from 3 ingredients: caffeine, Phenylethalamine HCl and 1,3-dimetheylpentylamine, also known as DMAA.sabaforlife(dot)com/en/81/defa ult.aspx

Two soldiers died last year from heart attacks after using products with these SAME ingredients. The products have been banned for sale on all Army bases now.

"The company and retailers say that DMAA is a dietary supplement. But some medical experts said it should be classified as a drug, which would require approval from the Food and Drug Administration before it could be marketed."

"The Army investigation comes as the F.D.A. has been increasing its scrutiny of the supplement industry. Tamara Ward, a spokeswoman for the F.D.A., declined to comment on whether the agency was investigating products containing DMAA."

"Some sports organizations including the World Anti-Doping Authority, the international body that regulates drug use by Olympic athletes, and several professional sports leagues have listed DMAA as a banned stimulant. In Canada, where the government health agency has classified DMAA as a drug, companies cannot sell products containing it as a dietary supplement."
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I will post this again................

"Hard to find real information on this product as it is another MLM who's company floods the internet with distributers of the product. ....but I never give up.

"ACE's energy 'boost' comes from 3 ingredients: caffeine, Phenylethalamine HCl and 1,3-dimetheylpentylamine, also known as DMAA.sabaforlife(dot)com/en/81/defa ult.aspx

Two soldiers died last year from heart attacks after using products with these SAME ingredients. The products have been banned for sale on all Army bases now.

"The company and retailers say that DMAA is a dietary supplement. But some medical experts said it should be classified as a drug, which would require approval from the Food and Drug Administration before it could be marketed."

"The Army investigation comes as the F.D.A. has been increasing its scrutiny of the supplement industry. Tamara Ward, a spokeswoman for the F.D.A., declined to comment on whether the agency was investigating products containing DMAA."

"Some sports organizations including the World Anti-Doping Authority, the international body that regulates drug use by Olympic athletes, and several professional sports leagues have listed DMAA as a banned stimulant. In Canada, where the government health agency has classified DMAA as a drug, companies cannot sell products containing it as a dietary supplement."

^^^THIS^^^
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me they took to much and abused it :( I am finding out more and more doctors are selling ACE to their clients. :)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was researching the "horrible" chemical additives, the diwhatever stuff is used in ADHD medication, which would explain some of the people finding more energy and focus, and the other phen...whateverwhatever I think was found in phen phen? So this basically sounds like this:

1200 calories / day (see miserable angry people)
    Appetite suppressant (less miserable people)
    Energy and Mood enhancers (Normal feeling people)

I really want to try it, but my husband is all for "Just exercise and eat healthier and quit b*tching". He's gained 20 pounds since high school, and wears a 32 jean, he wore 30's in high school...I've gained...50 pounds, lost gained lost gained etc. and was really looking for a magic pill. I only eat 3 times a day (lunch, dinner and a snack) but apparently still blow past my 1500 calories / day, it sucks. I was hoping this would do it, but guess I'll just have to root from the wings on this one.
  • ashuryan
    ashuryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No evidence it killed soldiers, but there is also no way of knowing if people are followings the correct usage instructions.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130806/BENEFITS06/308060035/Study-DMAA-didn-t-kill-soldiers-still-poses-risk
  • scha4r
    scha4r Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law sells them so I gave them a try. Recommended taking 2 a day but I only took 1. I am SO skeptical about these things and the long term effects on the body so I didn't dare take any more than I had to.

An hour after breakfast I took a pill with the recommended amount of water. Before ACE I exercised 3-5 times a week and have always been a member of MFP to watch my caloric intake. I'm not overweight but I could afford to lose 10-15 pounds. The first week I lost .9 pounds, the second .5 pounds, and the third week .9 pounds again. I have NOT noticed an increase in energy in fact I want to take a nap when I take these pills. Also, the appetite suppression works for me. Why? Cause I'm drinking a boat load of water. The pills have NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

Testimonials say, "When you take ACE you need to drink more water, watch what you eat, and exercise more to help the ACE pills work with your body."

Call me crazy but wouldn't drinking more water, watching your calories, and exercising more WITHOUT ACE have you losing weight?

$60 for 60 pills does not fit into my budget and I can buy a gym membership for that... I pissed off my sister-in-law but hey, she's making money off of me for buying into the miracle cure. Sorry, not gonna work.

Obviously it's up to the user... but I believe this is another placebo effect that people are buying into to get their mind in the right state to lose weight.

Right state of mind= Losing weight. Do the right thing and start eating better and exercising! No pills!
  • haley1297
    Options
    I have tried advocare phentermine n many other products nothing really works n I dont drink soda or eat out but maybe once or twice a week n that is on the weekends drink plenty of water n eat less than 2000 calories a day yet can't seem to lose the 50kbs I've somehow gained in last two years with no diet change. Thyroid came back normal and I'm about all out of options!! It seems if I even look at a burger I gain weight. I even hate sweets!! Idk what's wrong with me. What are people changing with their diet n exercise when it comes to using ace!? Are there people taking it with no diet change n dropping weight? Has anyone on here also ever used phentermine!? What were ur results!?! PLS HELP!!! THANKS
  • losermomof3
    Options
    I have lost 21lbs and started May 17th. I eat around 1200 and drink about 6 to 7 ounces everyday. I initially wanted to try it for energy because I was so tired all the time. Weight loss was just a bonus, but out of all the plans this one has worked. Before this I ate right and exercised and the pounds were not falling off. I know a few others that started when I did and they have lost 25 to 30lbs. I am just a slow loser, I guess. I am like you if I even look at a burger I gain weight. ACE is not for everyone you just have to try it, it's better than a diet.
  • kristinedillon
    Options
    I just started ACE a week ago yesterday! LOVE IT! I love the engery I have and NO cravings and I DON't feel like I need to eat all the time! I haven't yet seen any weight loss yet but hopeing to start soon! I have changed my eating habbits and I work out at a gym for an hour to an hour and a half at least 5 times a week! But so far I LOVE ACE!
  • mwinstead09
    Options
    For all of the people talking bad about ACE, I have been taking it for a few weeks now and have definitely lost weight. I do eat less but that's just cutting the snacks. I eat about 1500 calories per day which I think is pretty healthy. They are not full of caffeine, stop giving people wrong information.

And for the people that are asking about it just stopping working: Take a day or two off a week so your body doesn't get used to it. Change your exercise routine, the foods you eat. Also, don't just measure weight loss. I have several friends that stopped losing weight but were dropping inches!!
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love ACE. I'd joined MFP in January and began working out and logging intake after months of increasing my workout, even doubling it....I didn't lose a thing. I was completely discouraged but kept going anyway, then about 6 weeks ago, I encountered a case of poison ivy....all over my body, sweating and working out made it worse. Finally I went to the Doc and got on some steroids to dry it up, but by then I was over my starting weight here...I actually quit weighing at 185...so I was over that probably close to 190. So utterly depressed and I'd all but given up. Then my friend told me about ACE....she's one of those friends who NEVER takes ANYTHING.....this though, she took to her pharmacist and had him check it out....and she'd lost 16 lbs in a couple of weeks. Just by eating healthier and no soda.....in short, she gave me hope. I said "Hook me Up" and she did. Three weeks ago Saturday I began my ACE journey and I've lost about 10 lbs to date. I'm THRILLED this works for me. I've read and read, had friends take it to their doctors, and everyone has gotten the Green Light. ACE is a tool. It curbs cravings and gives me more energy than I've had IN 25 YEARS. ACE is my saving GrACE :)
  • mrsbish225
    Options
    I have been taking ace for almost two weeks. And it helped me break through my plateau I've lost 5 pounds and some inches. But my favorite part is the fact that 2 days after I started I injured myself playing soccer and haven't been able to be physically active for over a week. And I still continued to lose weight. I originally got the product to use it as a pre workout and energy boost but I am now a believer that it works even when you can't work out. And I am a very physically active person as I lost 30 pounds before I even started ACE. I am very happy with my choice and I hope people will at least give it a chance. If your worried do take it to your doctor and have them approve it first if that makes you more comfortable.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you take an appetite suppressant to lose weight, you're REALLY not dealing with the root of the problem. ANYONE can stop eating and lose weight, but can they keep it off in the long term using that method? No way.

You need to deal with the PSYCHOLOGICAL aspect of losing weight. We all KNOW what to do. Eat less, do more exercise. But why do we not do that? Because our motivation is low, we're lazy, we're looking for a quick fix, we have a food addiction, we don't have support.. any of the above could be true. But without DEALING with whichever of those issues applies to us, we're never going to be able to maintain a healthy weight in the long term. Because the simple fact is that you're just going to go right back to normal when you hit your goal.

Learn which foods are good for you, research nutrition, find the benefits of each fruit and each vegetable, understand that your diet determines more than just weight, and live well. Don't take pills that haven't been tested properly, that have been linked with death or that come with a list of side effects longer than your arm. Don't take the easy road out, because the road straight back to where you started is even easier.
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nobody said don't eat right and quit exercising??? It's a tool. I know people that take ACE just for the energy and once I reach my goal with the help of ACE, along with exercising and a balanced diet....I will probably continue to take it. I haven't felt this good in years. ALSO...I work several programs in dealing with what's going on within...getting to the root cause. It's a package deal, mind, body, spirit.....and ACE :)
  • losermomof3
    Options
    LOVE MY ACE!!!!
  • reneemezzell
    Options
    Been doing ACE on and off (due to finances) since May and I have lost 37.5 pounds
    it seriously works and I did mostly without changing my habits but now I'm back on and
    doing better the key to it and most of my friends who have been using it is LOTS of water
    seems to trigger it to work better
    I would definitely recommend it and I DO :)
  • Brinabailey2007
    Options
    I've been taking ACE for a couple of weeks now. Within the first week I lost 5 lbs. But now, I've just stopped losing. I eat right, I'm on a 1200-1800 calorie diet. And most days I only make it to 600 calories. I only drink water, and I exercise. But after a total of 11 lbs lost (I had lost 6 lbs before starting ace) I've just stopped. Any suggestions??
  • spoons42
    Options
    Im curious about these ACE pills, does anyone know where you can buy them in England?
  • losermomof3
    Options
    I've been taking ACE for a couple of weeks now. Within the first week I lost 5 lbs. But now, I've just stopped losing. I eat right, I'm on a 1200-1800 calorie diet. And most days I only make it to 600 calories. I only drink water, and I exercise. But after a total of 11 lbs lost (I had lost 6 lbs before starting ace) I've just stopped. Any suggestions??

When you only eat 600 calories most day you are starving your body. You want to eat about 1200 calories while taking ACE. Don't starve your body!
This discussion has been closed.