Anyone Weigh in Every Day?

Options

Replies

• reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I weight in everyday to see how my body fluctuates with certain things I ate or drink. I only log once a week though so whether I gain or lose daily every Monday is my real weight in.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Tried that once and out of the blue the scale said I gained 4 pounds in one day ... for no reason that I can pinpoint. So I ate. Then I felt bad for messing up ... so I ate some more. Took me a week to get back on track. That was about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I think I'm finally ready to face the scale again.

Livin' on NSVs in the meantime. :wink:

Edit to add:

That's just me. I'm a firm believer that each person's journey is their own, and everyone should do what works best for them ... regardless of what the 'experts' say.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I weigh in multiple times in a day. It shows me the trend. I make sure my weight is not more than 3 pounds compare to first weigh in the morning. If my weight is more than 2 pounds after lunch, I eat a very light for dinner. I control my food intake depending on the weight. It might sound crazy to some people but that is what works for me. I record once a week on Sundays.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    YES... I love it.

However I know it only works for me, it's not something I think everyone can do. I enjoy tracking the ups and downs. I like seeing how eating something may or may not effect me. I like seeing how eating crap or healthy effects me. Sometimes it's not what you expect will happen.

As long as you are realistic about the results I think weighing yourself daily is fine. There are others who find it is a negative. And that is okay for them. As long as you understand what is means to weigh everyday it's okay.
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I only record once a week, Generally, on a Friday so it's consistently. I try not to let the daily numbers get me down, because I know it likely is just water weight or food that has not passed through my system. If you are easily discouraged or demotivated, I wouldn't suggest it.
  • DeirdreGoals
    Options
    1 to 2 times a week for me. I feel better not knowing somedays and having to "work for" weigh in day. Also, I quit after loosing 30 pounds (back for my last 10, down to 5 now) and the scale took over too much of my mind. I need to focus on health and use the scale as a check in, daily was too much for me but works for many people!
  • saltycloud
    saltycloud Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do weight everyday but I don't weight in on MFP more often than once a week. I keep track of my weight with an App where I put it in every morning. I can see my weight loss in a diagramm (as a person who studied statistics: love diagramms.)
    It's important that you don't freak out when your weight fluctuates from one day to another.
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    Yes, I have to for the accountability! It's what works for me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i weigh in three days a week..Mon, Wens, Friday, and take weekly average to account for fluctuations...
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I do. It keeps me accountable. If I had a really bad day, I have to check because I need to know if I went really off. I check as soon as I wake up, after a restroom visit of course lol. I know my weight fluctuates. I'm just happy it has been fluctuating in the 140's and not 150's anymore. Making progress!
  • louisemh28
    Options
    Yes, but I don't worry if it stays the same or is a little higher so long as it's trending in the right direction.
  • iamsc
    iamsc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do, but I only log it once a week.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily under the same conditions (post bathroom, pre consumption of anything). I write it down on my calendar. I look at weekly average weight and rolling average and I disregard/ignore daily fluctuation in weight. I'm only looking at trends, and running averages will smooth out those bumps.
  • tfitzge3infl
    Options
    Yes, I weigh myself daily but you shouldn't.
    The nurses and the nutritionist say you should weigh yourself once a week.
  • RGBill
    RGBill Posts: 1
    Options
    I weight in every morning, but only log it if there has been a decrease from last log in. Daily fluctuations can mess with you mind if you take them too seriously. I'm more interested in weekly progress.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day but changed it a week and a half ago. I decided to weigh myself once a week (just so happens to be Wednesday because that is when i stopped everyday). Last week I felt very motivated all week because I didn't know what was happening if I was really losing or not. When I stepped on that scale on Wednesday I saw I lost 3lbs!! I was sooooo excited and it made me even more motivated this week. I am 2 lbs away from losing 40 lbs since February. If only I would have stayed with it all this time instead of getting frustrated but now I am not frustrated and only weighing once a week seems to be helping me mentally.
  • sonofaque86
    sonofaque86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wat myself everyday. The weight goes up and down. But my official weigh in day is Sunday and its always lower than the last Sunday. So that's when I log in my actual weight in MFP...
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, it's part of my routine.....get up, have a wee, wash my hands, weigh, have a shower etc.

I find I'm less hung up on the actual number as long as the trend of the numbers are going in the right direction. :)

I'm not sure it necessarily makes a difference :)

This^!!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    A few times a week. I have nothing against every day, but I'm busy or forget. If you're small woman, even an increase of a couple of pounds is something you want to be aware of.
  • 1DLover143
    Options
    Yes I Do But It Is Just Because I feel Better Knowing That I am Losing Weight.
This discussion has been closed.