Can I wear a Bikini? Be honest.

Options
I'm self conscious about my stretch marks. I've worked hard to wear a bikini (i'm not there yet but would like to wear one on our vacation in a few months) but i'm worried about the stretch marks and theres nothing I can do for them. Any thoughts? Would you?

null_zpsd4e62da6.jpg

Replies

• Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Damn. 122 pounds lost? Hell yes, I'd wear a bikini. You look amazing.

If you're really self conscious about your stretch marks, maybe try some Bio Oil? I've heard it works wonders for reducing the appearance of stretch marks over months.

Either way, you rock the hell out of that bikini!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options

If you're really self conscious about your stretch marks, maybe try some Bio Oil? I've heard it works wonders for reducing the appearance of stretch marks over months.

Really?! Off to google!

And thank you so much, it still shocks me everyday and I think i'm dreaming :blushing:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Wear whatever the heck you want.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    if you can put one on you can wear it. Haters gonna hate no matter what you look like.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Mystic tan! One of those spray tans are awesome.

And, everyone has something. I'm not a regular National Enquirer reader but I do flip through the issue on the best and worst beach bodies...professional models have celluite!
  • yarneycat
    yarneycat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definite second to the Bio Oil. It's pricey but boy does it work. I supplemented with regular cocoa butter, too.

And you look amazing. Congrats on all of your weight loss. Super cute suit!!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yes, by all means wear it you earned it! You know one of those gauzy little cover ups would look great, and help you not to be so self conscience.
  • mrspatchon
    Options

Could not have said it better!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm self conscious about my stretch marks. I've worked hard to wear a bikini (i'm not there yet but would like to wear one on our vacation in a few months) but i'm worried about the stretch marks and theres nothing I can do for them. Any thoughts? Would you?
    No, I wouldn't, but I guess that's not the point . . . :)

Seriously, you took that picture at what, 2 feet away? From 15 feet, no one will even notice . . . You should do it! :)

P.S.: Similar to above: I used vitamin E oil for some surgery scars, worked pretty well. Maybe aloe vera as well?
  • kRcu
    kRcu Posts: 18
    Options
    I think so!!! Be proud of where you are.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Yes you can, you are GORGEOUS!
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are hot, wear it!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    If every women who had stretch marks never wore a bikini then no one would ever wear a bikini!
    There not ugly. Your beautiful. Wear it!
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    You lost 122 and you look damn good. If it were me I would walk around naked! Lol.

Seriously, go for it. You only go around once in this world. :smile:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Girl, you rock the hell out of that bikini.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think it would be amazingly therapeutic for you to wear it. You look great, I'm sure you feel great , and it's time to up that confidence!
    I'm not sure if you have kids, but the majority of adult women do, and a huge amount of them have stretch marks from it. Add in people who have stretch marks from gaining weight or puberty and...well stretch marks are pretty darn common. No big deal!
  • lucasizit
    Options
    you've worked hard for it, flaunt it :P
    who cares what anyone else thinks, you should be proud....

also as for stretch marks, have you tried bio oil ? regualr use can help reduce them :)
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Also if you think about it your posting online to a bunch of strangers which wouldn't be much different to walking on a beach in front of strangers - never going to see them again!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    omg YES!!! You look AMAZING!!
  • Gurrrman
    Options
    Is this really a post? I am going to be 110% honest and say that you can DEFINITELY pull off the bikini-look. After 122lbs it seems that you are well worth that bikini. You look fantastic =)