Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm still here :-D
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I quit the site for a little bit, it does seem much less active this time around
  • Fit_For_A_Queen
    Options
    I am back too.. Do very well when I log my foods, but when I drop off, I want to drop out of site and eat in shame. This time I have decided to make an agreement with myself and put it out there. I call it the 4 Agreements.

1. I will log everything that goes into my mouth (MFP)
    2. I will blog daily
    3. I will check into the Atkins Chat room on a daily basis
    4. I will drink my 8 glasses every day.

On a side note, I will pee myself to death, I will talk till I am hoarse, I will type till my fingernails break off and I will chew my food till my teeth grind.

I am committed. I was at goal. Took a hiatus (aka known as a dive into the carb pool), gained 9 pounds.. Thought I was doing good. Dove again and this time resurfaced with a 22# gain. Got 8 off and still have another 14 to go.. Oh the journey I am on and the roads I have traveled.

Good to be back. I feel like a thief that has been on the run and finally been caught. Exhausted and happy that I don't have to run. (If thieves feel that way at all, how would I know?).

jaqui
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    using sites that are better equipped to handle logging of food and exercise is my guess. this site is too buggy.
    Yeah, but this site by far has the best database and ease of use.

this database is horrible. its mostly user entered right? there are tons of errors.
  • vivh10
    vivh10 Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow! Chatterbox311 you have been and remain amazing to have lost so much weight. You are an inspiration! Keep up the good work.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I quit the site for a little bit, it does seem much less active this time around

OhEmmGee, F&L!! ((hugs, butt squeezes, smoochies, blahblahblah))

It's just summer in North America. But, since the moderation crackdown, things are more sedate in general. Wait until September, it'll be silly again.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just started with MFP this summer. I love this site. I like how it links everyone who is movtivated to become fit and healthy, or who desire to help others with their goals. The MFP'ers that are still here during "vacation" time, are going to be here consistently. No worries mate. You're not alone! :drinker:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    using sites that are better equipped to handle logging of food and exercise is my guess. this site is too buggy.

this database is horrible. its mostly user entered right? there are tons of errors.

Yeah, but all you have to do is double check from other sources if you believe there's something inaccurate.

Or make your own for your own uses.

I've tried other sites. They couldn't even find normal every day food items, and I had to stop and create one 50-60% of the time. Truly annoyed me.

I dunno. I like this site and hope for its continued success. To each his own. :flowerforyou:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Don't care. If you leave me I will kill you.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Vacations
  • dbix36
    dbix36 Posts: 7
    Options
    here just starting but i m here
  • Darylgwyn
    Darylgwyn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people use the Mobile apps and never even see the forums! This is the First time I've looked at them!!
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey PX Mike,

I'm still here too! Summertime is my season to stay indoors since we live in hot, hot, hot South Texas! I get out and about in the other three seasons. I've logged my food for 45 days straight and while I don't think that's any kind of a record, I'm happy because I've stuck with it.

Hard work pays off--you're proof of that. Keep up the good work!
  • Darylgwyn
    Darylgwyn Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Do you use other sites/apps that you think are better?
  • cpego1
    cpego1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been on here since June. I have a weigh to go yet.......
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's slow season. MFP will once again be flooded after the holidays..kinda like the gyms!
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have been here since may - trying the EMTWL approach - not having any success yet. Currently trying to reset metabolism.

I workout a lot and am not seeing weight loss, am not seeing strength gain, nor size loss- so it gets harder to keep coming back.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a hiatus letting an injury heal. Having a lot of success now that I quit making excuses for myself. Won't be going anywhere, this is how I make myself accountable.
  • ermer00
    ermer00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it really does get quiet once summer is over in the northern hemisphere. I'm a Brit living in Australia for now and so we have a while until our summer here.
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No fad!!! We're all just out enjoying summer to its fullest and so many people are focused on getting kids ready for school, etc. Also, I got to a point where I was obsessing over food, exercise, etc, and recently I spend my time out enjoying activities rather than sitting here obsessing over what to do/not do. I'll likely be back soon. :smile: