80 day pre- holiday challenge

Options

Replies

• Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Good work excercising when you don't want to Mande!

Thanks!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Day 11 DONE!

Exercised (even used 8 lb weights instead of my 5 lbs today!), got in 3 liters of water, and was only over my cals by 1!
  • ladymedic22
    ladymedic22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day eleven done man it was hard to walk down the stairs and get on that treadmill today! Did 40 day shred yesterday and could barely walk today but the time on the treadmill helped stretch things out. Had fast food for lunch but still managed to stay under my calorie goal for the day. Back to work tomorrow so food should be better as I pack my lunch and always drink alot of water when I am working. Keep up the good work guys!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too, I just learned of this site. Maybe this will help me to stick with something

Hi greeneyes3131

This site is fab and lots of support!
    Have fun on the challenge! :flowerforyou:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Thanks to all of the new joinees... Day 11 in the books... a day late, but not a dollar short!
    Site was down last night
  • balfonso
    Options
    DAY 12 completed.

ACTUALLY managed to complete Couch to 5K Week 6 Day 2 today. I had struggled with Week 6. This endurance running is tough! :grumble:

I've been really pushing myself this week because I know that come Saturday, I have a friend's birthday BBQ to attend to, so will be pushing hard on Saturday also! [I REALLY hope I will be able to resist the urge to overeat] :embarassed:

Hope you're all having a great day! :laugh:
  • greeneyes3131
    Options
    ok, so I attempted to do the 30 day shred with Cruel Jillian. OMG!!! I am so out of shape. I barley made it 10 mins, my knees went numb, and my entire body was going into SHOCK!!!!. Please tell me it gets easier and to not give up. I fear I will completely give up. I try telling myself over and over in my head, "you want to look good naked, you want to look good naked, OMG I want to look good naked!!" :sad:
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Day 12 done.
    Not a great day, over ate, did not do my Shred, but did get 10,000 steps in with a very long walk.
    Will do better tomorrow.

Good night all.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    ok, so I attempted to do the 30 day shred with Cruel Jillian. OMG!!! I am so out of shape. I barley made it 10 mins, my knees went numb, and my entire body was going into SHOCK!!!!. Please tell me it gets easier and to not give up. I fear I will completely give up. I try telling myself over and over in my head, "you want to look good naked, you want to look good naked, OMG I want to look good naked!!" :sad:

Yes, it does get easier - but only if you work at it! Try again, but go slower, modify any really difficult or painful moves (I could NOT do jumping jacks my first round of the shred -- they KILLED my knees, but now I can do the them fine! -- to modify, I walked/jogged in place instead of jumping.) The very first time I did the shred, I made it through -- but ended up curled up on the floor in the fetal position for about 20 minutes, praying the room would stop spinning and that I wouldn't throw up! Sometimes slower is better, at least in the beginning!

Listen to your body -- don't push yourself to be as fast as them or do as many reps -- do one rep for every two or three Jillian and the girls do -- it's going to take time to build your strength and stamina. I bet you'll be surprised how far you've come once the 30 days are through! Give yourself the time to learn the moves and to get used to them. Good luck!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Day 12 DONE!

Ate within my calorie goal, got 3 liters of water in, and exercised!

I am not displeased. :smile:
  • ladymedic22
    Options
    Day 12 done, stayed under my calorie goal and really pushed it on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Scale seems to be stuck hoping for a drop tomorrow cause been four days with no movement and I have been working hard!

I also did the 30 day shred, made it to the end but just barely, thought my legs were going to fall off they were burning so bad! Two days later and I still have to roll on my side to get out of bed(can't sit straight up yet) and my thighs still hurt when I walk down the stairs. But I know next time will be slightly easier. Keep up the good work everyone, and I don't think I could do 10,000 steps!
  • balfonso
    Options

Don't worry, it definitely does get better! The more you practice and do these workouts, the easier it gets! :wink: Just keep working at it!
  • Wtbyerdoc
    Options
    Okay joined late but have eaten well now for 7 days,exercised intensely and lost at leas a pound. I am trying not to obsess about scale but how I feel and I definitely feel better about myself and more energetic. Thanks for the motivation everyone. EAT CLEAN!!:happy:
  • balfonso
    Options
    DAY 13.

Ugh so disappointed in myself.

I haven't skipped a meal in a long while and today was the day I did. Work was insanely busy and I had no time to pick up snacks let alone pack anything this morning so I had a massive gap from eating brekkie at 6am until FINALLY ate a snack at 3.30pm. And now because of that, I have eaten far too much at dinner time. The other half treated me to a gorgeous Thai meal at our favourite restaurant and was so ravenous. OH WELL. :huh: it happens...

Now to resist not over eating at the BBQ tomorrow! :blushing:
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Day 13 done!

Great day, walked 12000 steps, did Shred, ate really well and stayed below my calories.
    Looking forward to a great weekend!
    Good luck everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Day 13 was good... Im a little hungry though....
    Ok, let hold on till turkey day
  • ladymedic22
    Options
    Day 13 done, ate a little more today seeing if that will budge the scale, was an hour late getting home from work today so only had 20 minutes on the treadmill. But at least I did something. Hoping for a busier day at work tomorrow so I do not nibble so much on the upside had at least 4 litres of water today in an effort not to graze.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Didn't post yesterday, so -- Day 13 DONE!

Today is my rest day -- no exercise. But I'm still watching my diet and water intake. The lbs seem to be coming off pretty quickly now... just a few 10ths of a lb away from being under 170 (something I've been striving for since May!) hopefully I'll be there by Wednesday!

Happy Saturday, all! I'll check back in when the day is done. For now, I have some housework to accomplish. :wink:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Well I blew it last night... ate some of my exercise calories... but I will contine with this adjustment: Day 13 of 14 COMPLETE... If I cant make 80, I will make 79!!!!

DJ :wink:
  • ladymedic22
    Options
    I don't think you blew it by eating your exercise calories, you earned them with all your hard work! As long as you did not eat more than your exercise calories!