Does anyone else log all their food in the morning?

Options
2»

Replies

• taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i pre log too

but i do it the night before my pre bed ritual is to sit here and play food diary gymnastics to get what i want to eat to meet my macros ,i am not good enough to have perfect macros each meal on my own.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I personally feel as though this helps prevent me from overeating- I've logged what I'm going to eat throughout the day and there's absolutely no reason why I should go over that.

Anything else you guys like to do to prevent overeating?

Well...the down side of this is that there is no wiggle room. No room to be spontaneous. Plus I don't always know what I'm going to eat later in the day/when I get home.

Sometimes I do this if I already know what we're having, but usually not.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I do. I try to pre plan the night before, and edit through the day if necessary.I find I am less likely to forget to log stuff that way :-) I never pre log exerise though!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My days are fairly well set. I have the same thing for breakfast, lunch and supper. I leave my exercise off until it's done. Any holes I have I fill with fruit and skinny cow :)
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I log in the morning and then only bring that food with me to work.
    So I don't have a choice, it works wonderfully. :)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's me. That way if something comes up, adaptation is possible. And it's easier to resist any possible temptation knowing that you don't have room in your calorie "budget". I can't imagine not doing it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. Sometimes I pre- log when I know what I'll be eating at restaurants.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I actually plan all my meals the day before! Sometimes even multiple days before. It helps with the grocery list and not wasting food as well. And it for sure helps with not over eating and eating more healthfully!
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also log first thing in the morning. It makes it easier for me to stay on track if I do this. I can go in and adjust if I need to.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same things all the time so I just log it after I eat it.
  • Emmienz
    Emmienz Posts: 29
    Options
    I also log most of mine the night before plan what were having for dinner and what im going to take to work for lunch snacks etc and log it all , Then ill revisit my list when i get to work in the morning and make changes if ive changed my lunch box slightly I find this works really well for me cause if something pops up during the day like a lunch meeting or meeting for coffee etc etc i no where i stand how many calories i have at that point in time and i dont find myself getting to the end of the day and not having many left for dinner so just over eatting :) ..
  • paucoe
    paucoe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "No more "a Blooming Onion has HOW MANY calories and serves HOW MANY people? *&@%#^!*&!!" scenarios at 11 PM."

:laugh: I log as I go but I almost had one of these moments when I went out to eat. I looked up the food before to make sure it fit within my set goals (minus the dessert I brought home for later- impulse) I was like, are you kidding me??? Needless to say I ate only a third and still fit it in my daily allowance. Prior to MFP, I would have eaten the whole thing.

Your post made me laugh... So true!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I log my days menu while drinking my one and only cup of coffee in the morning. I do this 7 days a week. It helps me to have a plan and get the biggest and healthiest bang for my buck, without going over my daily calorie count.
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I log throughout the day but before I eat.
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals weekly, and shop for what I have planned and what I have planned ONLY. I have two kids and a fiancé and they eat what I eat. I don't eat "diet foods"- I cook and eat healthy, clean foods as much as possible and if it's higher calories then I eat less than my family does and use salad as a filler. Gotta stay positive, and look at the big picture.