Getting Ready to start the 17 Day diet!

Options
Has anyone been successful on this program?

Replies

• minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this diet is... but it'll take a lot more than 17 days to get used to a new lifestyle.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    what is it?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this diet is... but it'll take a lot more than 17 days to get used to a new lifestyle.

I agree that you can't accomplish anything significant if you limit your diet to 17 days. Think of it as the first 17 days of the rest of your life.:bigsmile: Otherwise, it is a waste of time.:cry:
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Please don't! I tried it... COMPLETE WASTE OF A BOOK! It's not enough to sustain anybody... You will be hungry, Very very hungry. Just my 2 cents.
  • wrubsie76
    wrubsie76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started this diet 2 years ago. In July of 2011 I weighed 230 pounds. In December of 2011, I was down to 173. Then in January, I started working a 2nd job and I wasn't able to follow the diet. Within 8 months I gained 40 pounds back. It is important that you stick with the diet and realize that it's a lifestyle change and you will be successful at it. I started the diet again in mid June of this summer and I am down 15 pounds. Add me if you like.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight. When something is labeled "diet", "detox", "cleanse" or anything else that promises fast results, it is a fad and nothing but a waste of time and money. Learn new behaviors that can last the long run.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I agree that you can't accomplish anything significant if you limit your diet to 17 days. Think of it as the first 17 days of the rest of your life.:bigsmile: Otherwise, it is a waste of time.:cry:

This is not just for 17 days!! There are 4 cycles of the program
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I believe the point is instead of doing a fad diet, why don't you just eat in a caloric deficit, exercise and make that your lifestyle... It has worked pretty well for me and other on here.... Best of Luck.....
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    NO
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Good Luck!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    There is a group. Search 17 day diet. Good Luck. The way you diet is always your choice.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I see where this thread is going...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is this just the next round in a lifetime of fad diets?
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    There is a group. Search 17 day diet. Good Luck. The way you diet is always your choice.

Agree 100%. Besides, MFP members will be here to help when she comes back and says "Help, I regained all my weight back."
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    why would I want to follow a complicated fad diet?

tumblr_mh1fmcVS0V1rk8p4uo1_500.gif
  • couples1
    Options
    How do I chat with other members?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    OMG in 18 days you're going to have the body you've always wanted!
  • madmiya
    madmiya Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    it will work but lots of people are unable to finish even the first 17 day cycle.
    it cuts out nearly everything and is pretty hard to maintain.
    good on you if you can "cold turkey" cut sugar, carbs, caffeine, but most can't.
    try your best to eat clean but don't kick yourself or give up if you can't do it all in 17 days.
    baby steps make lifestyle changes and solid progress. i think that's what is the mantra on these boards.

p.s. please try to ignore any snarky comments. most people on here are helpful and supportive. there's just a HUGE intolerance for people who are either just starting out or haven't picked up the standards of this group. good luck and hang in there.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Geeez I'm sorry I asked the question!!!!! Trust me I hate diet's! Hell I know there are no magic pill to lose weight!! I am looking at this as a life style change in my life. I know the way to be successful is calories in, calories out. I am in no rush to lose my weight! Slow n steady wins the race
  • madmiya
    madmiya Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you just asked a question.. no harm.