Getting Ready to start the 17 Day diet!

Options

Replies

• lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    it will work but lots of people are unable to finish even the first 17 day cycle.
    it cuts out nearly everything and is pretty hard to maintain.
    good on you if you can "cold turkey" cut sugar, carbs, caffeine, but most can't.
    try your best to eat clean but don't kick yourself or give up if you can't do it all in 17 days.
    baby steps make lifestyle changes and solid progress. i think that's what is the mantra on these boards.

even if I can do this 90% of the time it's all good in my books!! I've always been a believer in not going cold turkey! Don't wanna freak my body out to much...wink wink
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    OMG in 18 days you're going to have the body you've always wanted!

Wow why am I not surprised their is a smart *kitten* in the bunch.........
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    My husband did great with this. Me, not so much. He liked it because he likes meat a lot. He lost 17 lbs in first 17 days. He did not have a lot to lose. I did learn to eat fish,chicken and turkey. This is what he did. He did this diet to get a jump start. Then started eating less and kept the weight off. He lost about 40 lbs. When he gains weight he goes back to the 17 day diet, swears by it, it helps him lose weight quickly getting rid of all those carbs. He would cook him chicken in a crock pot and take It to work everyday. He said he was not hungry, did miss bread but after he got the weight off would work it back in.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love how people are people all judgmental when they don't even know what the 17 day diet is LOL. SMH.
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    My husband did great with this. Me, not so much. He liked it because he likes meat a lot. He lost 17 lbs in first 17 days. He did not have a lot to lose. I did learn to eat fish,chicken and turkey. This is what he did. He did this diet to get a jump start. Then started eating less and kept the weight off. He lost about 40 lbs. When he gains weight he goes back to the 17 day diet, swears by it, it helps him lose weight quickly getting rid of all those carbs. He would cook him chicken in a crock pot and take It to work everyday. He said he was not hungry, did miss bread but after he got the weight off would work it back in.

Congrats to you and your hubby for doing so well!
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    I love how people are people all judgmental when they don't even know what the 17 day diet is LOL. SMH.

Agreed!!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

No need to call me names! I'm being super supportive!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I don't know why?
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like a bad diet but the food choice looks pretty crappy.
    I enjoy my food and maintain now, I can't convince anyone I know that it is that simple so I won't try an internet stranger. Good luck
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options

I agree with this, at least do a google search before you bash it, for example there is a well respected diet called the two day diet and obviously it does not claim that you can lose 15 pounds in two days it just means you only spend two days during the week watching what you eat, for an average respectable loss of one pound a week. I dont think you need any of these books but i do think they work for some people. Some of these diet books are healthy , some are not. Just be safe and keep realistic goals.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this diet is... but it'll take a lot more than 17 days to get used to a new lifestyle.

I agree that you can't accomplish anything significant if you limit your diet to 17 days. Think of it as the first 17 days of the rest of your life.:bigsmile: Otherwise, it is a waste of time.:cry:

This is not just for 17 days!! There are 4 cycles of the program

I believe the point is instead of doing a fad diet, why don't you just eat in a caloric deficit, exercise and make that your lifestyle... It has worked pretty well for me and other on here.... Best of Luck.....

Did you have gastric bypass that is quite a loss!
  • wacarr
    wacarr Posts: 25
    Options
    I did this diet. I only made it through the first cycle. It was very hard to follow and you have to be very disciplined. I did see results in the first cycle I lost 20 pounds. I will warn though because of the increase of vegetables in your diet and the probiotics you will use the restroom ALOT!!! It does work if you can follow it more power to you. I have a very busy lifestyle so it was hard to manage.
  • Budzgirl33
    Budzgirl33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did this diet whole heartedly in 2012. I lost 65lbs. In about 6 months. I absolutely LOVED it!!! And highly recommend it! It works!
    Send me a FR.
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    I did this diet whole heartedly in 2012. I lost 65lbs. In about 6 months. I absolutely LOVED it!!! And highly recommend it! It works!
    Send me a FR.

WOW great job!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this diet is... but it'll take a lot more than 17 days to get used to a new lifestyle.

I agree that you can't accomplish anything significant if you limit your diet to 17 days. Think of it as the first 17 days of the rest of your life.:bigsmile: Otherwise, it is a waste of time.:cry:

This is not just for 17 days!! There are 4 cycles of the program

I believe the point is instead of doing a fad diet, why don't you just eat in a caloric deficit, exercise and make that your lifestyle... It has worked pretty well for me and other on here.... Best of Luck.....

Did you have gastric bypass that is quite a loss!

That would be a No..... I knew going into this if I could not fix what was broken in my head then no surgery would ever fix my weight problems so I dealt with my food addictions, depression, and social phobia and worked with a dietician and got my butt in a pool so I could begin exercising. ..... The rest as they say is history. .........
  • tinacorley5
    tinacorley5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The 17 day diet is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. The first phase is more of a cleanse to detox your body from the processed and sugary foods that lead to cravings. Then they gradually add other healthy and clean foods back in stages. It is actually a really good plan, despite the "faddy" sounding name...
  • LilPier
    LilPier Posts: 1
    Options
    I have never posted comments on here... but I have to say this ~ don't let the rudeness diminish your willpower to lose. The ONE thing that works for me is this site. I track my calories & exercise, and when I don't, I don't lose weight. My daily calorie goal is 1200 per day. I don't freak out if I go over... which happens ~ALOT~, but my point would be I am so much more aware of my eating habits & I have lost weight... good luck!
  • maxrain
    maxrain Posts: 9
    Options
    You want to try something. this is no diet. It helps you loose the fat. I managed to drop double digits in body fat in 6 months!. My wife and I are doing making the change together.

See the proven system that works..
    https://www.facebook.com/TAIslimChallengeCalgary

In addition, we both made it to the semi-finals in the 90 day challenge. Voting recently ended on monday Aug 5th, and now we are waiting for the results. We are crossing our fingers..

See our progress on check out my meals.
    My wife was also on Jenny Craig and switched to this program because it was much simpler and easy to maintain.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Cheer Squat is here to support ^ :smile:
    *shakes pom poms*:drinker:
    Yes this is a dream!:laugh:
    I dont do pom poms :grumble:

Admittedly, some like to kick start their diet with a little complexity. Or if they have reached a Plato, to get them beyond this point, each to their own, you just have to remember that when the egg timer stops and you havnt adjusted your body to be the furnace that it needs to be, you will be playing hide and go seek and your fat will always find you! :sad:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Send me a FR.

From a post of yours a few days ago: " Too much restriction has eventually sabotaged my weight loss in the past. I have become quite a pro at losing weight but suck at keeping it off. "

Looking at your profile, you said you regained all the weight back from this 17 day diet. That is the problem with "diets". Yes, people lose weight, but they can't keep it off (yes, I acknowledge there are exceptions & some people do keep it off). Learning about nutrition & portion control works so much better, in addition to learning how to correct behaviors that cause us to overeat. So maybe some people here (me included) may have been deemed rude, but we're realistic about what works and what does not for the long haul.