Met calorie intake and are hungry, what do you eat?

Options
colleeg
colleeg Posts: 13 Member
Hi all:wink:
If you reach your calorie intake and are hungry what do you eat? i was thinking a little bowl of green vegies or a garden salad, that would be very many calories but at least you are choosing a better snack.

Started back with MFP and im very hungry today! i am still within calories and have budgeted dinner and avo tea. But i normally get the night snacks so im hoping i have something left to save me!

Any ideas or experiences?:smile:

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Veggies are good, maybe add something with a bit of protein like some cottage cheese or string cheese or yogurt.

Don't feel too bad about going over. It's better to go a little over and make good choices than be overly hungry and end up eating junk.
  • shannaniggans
    Options
    Maybe take an extra walk around the block or up and down your stairs if you go over to make up for it ? :)
  • sasers
    sasers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Drink Water...a lot of times you feel hungry but actually water will help curb the hunger
  • hiswifetheirmommy
    hiswifetheirmommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like fruit at night. It's low in calories and light enough not to keep me awake. Also, if you think you might not be TRULY hungry, try brushing your teeth. :)
  • colleeg
    colleeg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions, thanks for (MORE bean13) for saying dont feel guilty! i often do! but if you are truly hungry i wondered if people just suck it up and dont eat or if you do eat is it ok for a very low cal snack!
    I guess its just about trying to make better choices!
  • parallax1978
    parallax1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pickles. Sure they are heavy on sodium but they don't have any calories and can fill you up pretty quickly... water also helps.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you reach your calorie intake and are hungry what do you eat?

Water.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and lots of fresh veggies.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough protein and fat during the day. Greek yogurt, lean meats, beans and lentils, nuts and seeds. When I have a consistent protein intake throughout the day, I stay fuller longer and find that I am less grouchy and more content. Try a yogurt milkshake for dessert with Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, ice, milk, and the sweetener of your choice (sugar/sugar substitute/honey/whatever). To be extra fancy dollop it with some whipped cream. :) Good luck!
  • theatregirl4416
    Options
    I have crackerbread with a little spread on the top, literally a scraping. Only 17 calories per cracker :)
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Celery, cucumbers, watermelon, they're all very low in calories and should give you what you need until bed. However, I agree with others that say fill up on protein etc during the day which should help curb the nighttime cravings. I noticed that if I don't eat so much sugar during the day, I really don't have the cravings at night (during the day, too). It really helps! I do always have desert though. Frozen yogurt with blueberries/strawberries and a little butterscotch or chocolate. YUM!
  • losttogain
    losttogain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When I need something a little bit sweet but don't want the calories, I have some tea with a little splenda or other no-calorie sweetener. It satiates my taste buds!

Oh, and cucumbers.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Miso soup (35 calories).
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    if i'm hungry for food food I eat a handful of almonds, they are really good at curbing hunger.

If I have a sweet tooth I eat raisins/ craisins!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat a can of green beans
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If I have not had my 2 liters of water for the day I drink what is remaining --- most times I am actually thirsty and not hungry --- BUT, sometimes I am legitimately hungry and I don't feel guilty for going over my calorie goal as long as I am truly hungry and not just bored and snacking! I eat protien if I am still hungry. It lasts longer and makes me feel full sooner than crackers/popcorn.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Pickles. Sure they are heavy on sodium but they don't have any calories and can fill you up pretty quickly... water also helps.

And by "don't have any calories" I'm sure you mean they are very low in calories. :flowerforyou:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'll let a square of really good bittersweet chocolate melt in my mouth (chewing makes it go too fast and then it doesn't help with my hunger). Most of Chocolove's bars are between 25 and 35 Cals per square.

Otherwise, I'll go for a tablespoon of peanut butter. I know, at 95 Cal, it's more than most of the suggestions here, but I can honestly say that after eating it (again, taking my time) I'm not hungry for another hour or so. That doesn't happen for me with veggies or bread-y foods. I need the fat and protein. The stick-to-your-ribs consistency doesn't hurt, either.
  • whiteshorts2013
    Options
    carrots or cucumbers with a little hummus

Or I'll make myself some tea
  • jenna311
    jenna311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think it has been said already but WATER!