What do you think of Victoria's Secret models?

Options
13»

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Photoshop!
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options
    They are photoshopped like crazy, even in the simple catalogue pictures. Before the fashion show, they go on liquid diets, work out three hours a day, etc... So what they look like come runway time isn't 100% accurate either so it's a bit ridiculous that woman wish to walk around looking like that when the models themselves don't look even like they do during VSFS without liquid diets.

Some of them are gorgeous though! And it's clear that they work very hard, I just think it's unrealistic for women to want to look like that, because unless they are paid to have the time to work out 2+ hours a day or have magic genetics, then it's not very plausible.
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret models used to be much curvier. Someone mentioned Marissa Miller and Adriana Lima .. both gorgeous. Although the models are all beautiful, I do think they've gone to a much too skinny (scrawny) look overall. Would like to see more curves.
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    I can't believe JK Rowling and Mother Theresa were in the same sentence- right next to each other as people to look up to.

I like Rowling (sort of) but she's not MT level) seriously.

Actually, as an Edinburgh, UK resident, JK Rowling is an amazing person, and has contributed more then half her wealth to many charities, including funding a local multiple sclerosis center in Edinburgh (for anyone in the public), which is named after her mother. In Ediburgh atleast, her writing and her philanthropy go hand in hand. She is a brilliant woman! (Just thought I would stick up for her!)

As for this post.... yes VS models look great when airbrushed, but unfortunately I could never look like that, and so really I do not aspire to them. However I think they do follow a low cal diet with minimal carbs, whilst exercising both with cardio and lifting (some have serious abs!).

Though remember, it is the girls jobs to exercise 3hours a day. Us normal folk can fit about 2 hours 3-4 times a week, with maybe an epic sesh on our day off. If it's not your job, then enjoy your life too. Can't spend all your free time in the gym. :)