Low Cal Birthday Cake?

Options
anewlife1980
anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
Anyone have a really tasty recipe for a low cal birthday cake that is NOT chocolate & def NOT carrot cake? My birthday is coming up in 3wks & while I really want a cake I refuse to eat the pound cake/buttercream icing I usually buy (& love dearly.). However I hate carrot cake, I would sooner just eat the pound cake lol

Thanks for any recipes/options you can send my way!!

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Not sure, haven't really looked for a low cal cake yet. But I know you can make angel food cake top it with strawberries & low fat cool whip. Boom like 250 calories.
  • 0110Charlotte
    0110Charlotte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sponge cake/ Angel Food cake with Dream Whip & Berries
    Diet soda + Cake Mix is another low-cal version that can take on a lot of different flavours.

On my pinterest, I have a load of low cal recipes for meals & desserts- including a light Pound Cake! :)

http://pinterest.com/charlottegushue/healthy-food/
  • dejesus4
    dejesus4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Box of angel food cake mix and 1 can crushed pineapple topped with fat free cool whip. Its amazing and only three things needed.
  • 0110Charlotte
    0110Charlotte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Box of angel food cake mix and 1 can crushed pineapple topped with fat free cool whip. Its amazing and only three things needed.

I've made this and it is super- yummy! Very easy!
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Not sure, haven't really looked for a low cal cake yet. But I know you can make angel food cake top it with strawberries & low fat cool whip. Boom like 250 calories.

This is what I have every year for my August birthday. Absolutely delish! I cut up fresh strawberries and take about half of them and puree them and add a little bit of sugar to get them to a syrup consistency. Add the strawberry syrup with your sliced strawberries. mmmmmgood
  • escape31
    escape31 Posts: 28
    Options
    What about a fruit tart?
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think about angel food cake, def an option! Thanks, keep em coming!!
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cut a watermelon into a square, ice with whipped cream, decorate with sliced fruit. That's what we did for my boyfriend's bday yesterday (it was his choice, I should state). It was really good and really filling
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake can be made with quite low calories, especially if you don't go for the heavy icings
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I think someone posted 87 calorie cheesecake
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just eat real birthday cake. It only happens once a year! Or make it with cauliflower, whatever.

DIET birthday cake, smh. :grumble:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    OR you could buy one single cupcake for yourself of your favorite kind of cake. That's what I did last year. That way you can have what you really want and you don't have to worry about over doing it.

But if you want a full cake, this rasberry lemonade cake sounds pretty good:
    http://www.skinnymom.com/2012/04/10/raspberry-lemonade-cake/?_szp=226440
  • morninglory99
    morninglory99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Looks so amazing!! Haven't tried it yet tho :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5fyKMsgY-g
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Any box cake with .5 tsp baking soda and 1 cup water only. No oil or eggs needed.
  • louisemh28
    Options
    I tried a diet soda and cake mix last weekend and was really surprised with the results. The cake was good, really moist, and it turned out at 155 calories a slice. I made a frosting with PB2 and sweetener, which added about 10 calories per slice.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Its your birthday!!! Splurge for a day!! But if you just can't, then bake an angel food cake. For frosting mix together a tub of FF cool whip, SF instant vanilla pudding and a can of chunk pineapple (slightly drained). Its delicious!
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I say its your brithday, splurge! But if you must be good, try an angel food cake with fruit. Or do a box cake mix with diet soda. One I like is strawberry cake with Diet 7-up.
  • dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1oo cal cake with cool whip frosting

cake mix plus the soda and bake - 100 cals

taste great
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Make a cake... put on a whipped frost... and EAT THE DANG CAKE... your birthday is once a year.