14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• michelle4173
    Options
    Hi, I hope it's not too late to join! :-)

I like: pizza, ice cream and horror movies
    I don't like: being unhealthy
    Current typical or usual exercise: gym 5x/week - elliptical, walking & bike and see trainer 2x/week,
    Current Starting Weight: 212
    Aim for next week: 210
    Personal 14 week Goal: To lose 20lbs!
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea.

I like: to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.
    I don't like: many veggies...but I'm really trying hard to find ways to incorporate them into my diet.
    Current typical or usual exercise: Swimming laps for 20-30 minutes, running the stairs, Walking my pup
    Current Starting Weight: 187
    Aim for next week: 185
    Personal 14 week Goal: I'm aiming to lose about two pounds per week. So assuming all goes as planned I should lose close to 26-28 pounds!

No chocolate will pass these lips!
  • hayleyc5
    hayleyc5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Uh oh! Its the weekend! Tomorrow night I have a girly night in planned which usually involves chocolate (and an tiny bit of wine)! No chocolate shall pass these lips! Have a nice weekend everyone! :)
  • alyana1
    alyana1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been in2 car accidents and I'm a nurse so neither is really good for my back either. I've got a protruding disc. I've had alot of physiotherapy, find a tense machine can bring some help but not enough sometimes. Going to try a chiropractor when I have some money. Hoping that loosing some weight might help. Although I was really happy yesterday that I managed to walk 2 miles with no pain, normally it starts within 10 mins of walking or a few mins of standing. But itcame back to get me witha vengeance today!

Really annoyed as well because I've put on a pound and I've been eating 1250 cals for 3 weeks!! Felt like I wanted chocolate tonight but resisting!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Alyana - work on stretching exercises. You can go as slow as you need to and only have to go as far as you can. If doing walking hurts, believe me - it's not worth the pain. At least the muscles will be ready for you when you are able.
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :)

Is it too late to join this awesome challenge?

I like: to eat, popcorn w/ my kids, chocolate chip cookies & I love to eat chicken wings.
    I don't like: seafood, liver & some vegetables.
    Current typical or usual exercise: walking w/ the kids to the park, running around the block, working out at the gym. :)
    Current Starting Weight: 148
    Aim for next week: 147
    Personal 14 week Goal: I'm aiming to lose about one or two pounds per week.. I am hoping I can lose 10- 15 pounds, which wouldl be a wonderful present for me at Chrstmas time.

I have not had chocolate yet, but I hope I will not have the desire for chocolate this week. I hope I can lose a pound next Wed. :)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'd like to report back to you all.... Today I weigh 7Stone 8lbs!! (106lbs)
    I've hit my target for this week of 1lb loss some 2 days ago :bigsmile:
    I'm letting you know now as I'll be starting a detox tomorrow for 5 days and my weight will drop more dramatically with this.
    I'm resetting my ticker today!! :smile: And it is now accurate!! :embarassed:
    So for Wednesdays weigh in I will have lost more again... Hopefully!!... My weight is a bit unstable :sad:

I actually do not have 14lbs to lose but my goal is to be super fit and slim for Xmas and have good enough legs to want to wear a skirt for New Years Eve!! Toning up is what I need to work on. Any leg toning tips will be welcomed!!
    So my aim over the next 14 weeks will be to stay at around this weight and get as toned as I can, my weight jumps up without very much warning and it is a job to keep it this low so this will be a tough challenge for me.

I've done OK with the no chocolate challenge so far, although I had a low carb protein shake - chocolate flavour :noway:
    Sadly there was no time to cook or eat and I needed dinner :grumble:
    But as I've been following atkins I'm already very limited in what I can eat and sugar free chocolate was a big treat for me!!
    I've not had a single piece since we started so I have done OK, I guess.

Keep up the good work everyone!! Can't wait to hear how your all doing :smile:

Mel xxx :flowerforyou:
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!

I like: Travel and Really Good Food
    I don't like: being out of shape and not having enough money to travel monthly :cry:
    Current typical or usual exercise: Group Step or Group Groove class at the gym
    Current Starting Weight: 208.8
    Aim for next week: 207
    Personal 14 week Goal: 20 pounds gone! :happy:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Still no chocolate but with TOM here, IT'S BEEN HARD!!!!!

I wanted to share this with you guys, I just threw it together and it's the best non-chocolate smoothie I ever had. Could be my salvation this week ... :wink:

1 cup of light soymilk
    1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
    a blob of peanut butter (I used maybe 1 1/2 - 2 tb?)
    about half a frozen banana

Blend it up until smooth. The frozen banana thickens it up nice - it tasted just like peanut butter ice cream. My hubby tasted it also and said it was incredible :happy:

I havent figure up the cals - maybe 350 I'm estimating? A little high but okay for a meal replacement or if you're doing a tough workout that day.

Hope it helps my fellow chocoholics thru the challenge!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    We're only halfway done the week and I've had more chocolate cravings this week than most....probably because I can't have any. I had a realization late yesterday that I actually had left over brownies somewhere in the house and I actually asked my DH where he'd put them before I remembered no chocolate. He had to remind me (and that's why I married him) that I wasn't allowed any and that they weren't in the freezer or any other place I'd think to look for them.

I'd like to give him some credit for my no chocolate this week and next (remember I messed up on Thurs so I'm extending for myself another week from Thursday). Just shows me how much I mindlessly eat when I get cravings. I'm so grateful for such a strong support system.

That PB smoothie sounds good. I need to go out and get vanilla whey powder since all I have is chocolate flavoured. I'll have to sub out the soymilk for yogurt too since there is a lot of controversy over soy products and PCOS - none of which says the soy will help. The best case scenario is that it won't hurt things....rather be safe than sorry. But yummy!!!!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, well I've not had a good week so far (but am back on track now)
    Going to have to weigh in early as I'm moving to uni and I don't think the internet is going to be sorted in time to weigh in on wed.

SW:177
    CW:177
    Loss for week: 0lb
    Loss in total: 0lb

Ah well, at least it wasn't a gain. will do better next week!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This looks great! just saw it though so I have to say I ate some extra dark chocolate. But no more not even in my protein bars.
    I just started here so this should be good.

I like: Flower arranging
    I don't like: Laundry
    Current typical or usual exercise: Treadmill/elliptical
    Current Starting Weight:200
    Aim for next week:199
    Personal 14 week Goal:180
  • Mangoose
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I've been working on my weight for the last few days anyway, so should be good to just slot in! When you say weigh-in's next Wednesday, do you mean THIS Wednesday, the 22nd?

I like: Bananas and my usual 4 mile running route!
    I don't like: Shin splints, calf burns, cake (I love cake really, but have to pretend to hate it)
    Current typical or usual exercise: Running, football every Monday
    Current Starting Weight: 232lbs
    Aim for next week: 230lbs
    Personal 14 week Goal: 211lbs (1.5lbs per week)
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mongoose I like cake too:bigsmile:
  • KrisSing56
    KrisSing56 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just discovered MFP 3 days ago, and am so happy I did. Can't believe how helpful the diaries are in staying conscious and focused. I actually started my program on the 15th, after spending the summer eating everything in sight and not exercising as much as I should. TIme to get serious!!! I've lost a bunch of weight his week, but you know how that first week goes: it's a lot of water weight. Still, I'm encouraged, and it will help me in reaching my goal, knowing that I'm doing this with you all. Thanks!

I like: walking with my dogs before the sun comes up and making music with friends.
    I don't like: bunions, achy, middle aged joints, angry people.
    Walking, stationary bike, treadmill, weights.
    Starting weight: 169
    Current weight: 164
    Aim for next week: 160
    Personal 14 week goal: 21 pounds (1.5 pounds per week)
    Goal weight: 140
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    L2D1 30DS ooommmggg, its impossible!!
  • Jeannine15
    Options
    I like: Crocheting and knitting for charities
    I don't like: Mean People
    Current typical or usual exercise: Walking, but this is my problem...I don't usually exercise
    Current Starting Weight: 261
    Aim for next week: 259
    Personal 14 week Goal: 231

Bring on the weekly challenges! No Chocolate this week..missed joining at the beginning of the week, but game on for the rest!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Count me in, too!

I like: spending time w/ my friends, kids, travelling
    I don't like: feeling badly about myself, pets and procrastinating
    Walking (with special orthotics) and TurboJam, aquafit
    Starting weight (on 15 Sept) 199.73lbs/90.6kg
    Current weight: (on 19 Sept) 196.21lbs/89kg (loss 1.6kg)
    Aim for next week (on 22 Sept) 195lbs/88.45kg
    Personal 14 week goal: 28lbs/2 stone/12.7kg (2lbs/week)
    Goal weight for 14 week challenge: 171.73lbs/77.9kg/12st 3.73lbs
    Goal weight overall: 143lbs/65kg/10st 3lbs
  • Jeannine15
    Options
    where did you get the Christmas Challenge ticker?
  • reba24784
    reba24784 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    omg who would have though this would have been so hard!!!!! I have to say that I have put a bit of choclate in me put as soon as I ddid it I stoped drinking what I was or eating!!!!! I had my wisdome tooth out on thursday and bought pudding and put in in a bowl and then put it in a zip lock bag!!!! also might have put on weight because all I can eat is soft foods but trying !!!!