Thank you for being blunt and "rude"

Options

Replies

• slimteddy
    slimteddy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I look forward to yall being blunt rude or etc. That's whats needed to stay postive and conti to lose weight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The truth is all well and good, and should be said. But some people come across as condescending *kitten* instead of just giving useful information, and that way of conveying information is very different than being helpful or informative.
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Derisive thread is derisive. I want my rainbow pooping unicorns and 0 calorie cookies, and I want them NOW!

:laugh:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I only have a problem when it's unsolicited. #PersonalExperienceInSuccessStoriesForumOfAllPlaces
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    The truth is all well and good, and should be said. But some people come across as condescending *kitten* instead of just giving useful information, and that way of conveying information is very different than being helpful or informative.

You will appreciate it when you are less hungry.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Word! I hate having my hand held! Thanks rudies!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    “We find comfort among those who agree with us -- growth among those who don't.” - Frank A Clark

Thank you blunt, rude meanies for making me grow! (although not in size :wink:)
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Agree so much!! Without those people, I would still be eating 1200cals/day and killing myself with hours of cardio, meanwhile deluding myself into thinking I wasn't hungry.

Thanks, all!! :smile: :love: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I always appreciate the cold hard truth!

Thank you, indeed.

Agreed. Facts and information are a great benefit on a site like this. I found a group where the moderators are honest and give the cold hard facts and give educated answers to questions (along with some of the forum members) and I trust what they say because they back it up with not only their own success but the success of those who are following their suggestions.

They can be considered "blunt" or " rude" but I don't think so...blunt and rude is saying something not necessary that is hurtful and doesn't help at all...;)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    1ea.gif
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Yep. People forget that indulging others' behaviors is not the same as supporting them. You can still support people by correcting their bad information and telling them how to achieve their goals.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I agree! It took me a 'moment' when i first ventured into the forums to realize all the sarcasm and mean and truthful facts! people were saying were in fact GIFTS... Because its better than enabling people to practice or believe the wrong things in a journey that's already riddled with obstacles. And the humor in the sarcasm is such a distraction from the everyday.

Applause.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Some of us actually WANT the truth, not some sugar-coated version.

"If I coated it in sugar, you would eat it."

#freeyoovie
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    But the mean and nasty comments hurt my feelings

tumblr_inline_mkgeapBGmj1qz4rgp1_zps7e6698b8.gif
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lt0yez7tNS1qii6tmo1_250.gif \m/
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqfyimmYsl1reo373o1_500_zps8b03c96d.gif
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Agreed!! :bigsmile:

I find what helps is when the person asking the question is not only completely open and accepting of criticism (and perhaps has a little bit of tough skin to take criticisms that are worded not as nicely as they could be), but also if they did enough research BEFORE asking a question. I see wayyyy too many people on here throw fits when people are blunt with them because they either didn't do any research, or didn't give enough information in their questions, thus their anger at the irrelevant responses.

Common sense - it's lacking these days.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I agree! It took me a 'moment' when i first ventured into the forums to realize all the sarcasm and mean and truthful facts! people were saying were in fact GIFTS... Because its better than enabling people to practice or believe the wrong things in a journey that's already riddled with obstacles. And the humor in the sarcasm is such a distraction from the everyday.

Applause.gif
    Got to love the Joker. His look in that video is like I felt when reading the post, "Bravo, okay what's next" - sigh :huh:
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Agreed!! :bigsmile:

I find what helps is when the person asking the question is not only completely open and accepting of criticism (and perhaps has a little bit of tough skin to take criticisms that are worded not as nicely as they could be), but also if they did enough research BEFORE asking a question. I see wayyyy too many people on here throw fits when people are blunt with them because they either didn't do any research, or didn't give enough information in their questions, thus their anger at the irrelevant responses.

Common sense - it's lacking these days.
    When are we going to get a like button up in here!!