ITS ALWAYS BIGGER IN TEXAS. Anyone from Texas?

Options

Replies

• kabochakitty
    kabochakitty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Agnostic vegan in DFW. I work in Fort Worth, so... yeah, it's a little weird. I just try to keep my mouth shut...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Can we talk about Czech Stop for a minute?
    SO GOOD

Absolutely. However, I always have to take a detour off I-35 and hit the ORIGINAL Cooper's in Llano. Between that and Schoepf's in Belton, there is no better cooked BBQ in the state. The sauce at both leaves something to be desired, but I always have some Rudy's available. Rudy's BBQ sauce + Cooper's/Schoepf's BBQ = perfection
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm in TX! If anyone would like to add me, feel free!! How many chains started in TX??

TX roadhouse
    Dairy Queen
    Bush's chicken
    Dr. Pepper, not a chain, but anyway...
    Rudy's
    Sea Island Shrimp House
    7-11

any others??

Actually, Texas Roadhouse is not a Teaxs thing, was founded on February 17, 1993, at the Green Tree Mall in Clarksville, Indiana.
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me as a friend. I am in a small hill country town from Texas called Utopia!!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I'd probably weigh about 300lbs if I still lived in Texas. Whataburger, Chef Point Cafe, Babe's fried chicken, Angelo's bbq, Czech Stop, Amy's Ice Cream, Austin food trucks, Blue Sky burgers, etc. It's not the food that's really the problem. It's that no one does anything physical in TX. They all just sit inside with the air conditioning and drink coke.

Move to Colorado. We're fitter here because we all love to get out and be active before we gorge on delicious food.

Pffft. I'm in Texas and have been my whole life. I'm extremely active. I don't need to move to hippie-ville for that.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    SO GOOD

Great Kolaches. A "must stop" any time you travel I-35 from Austin to Dallas. And again on the return trip.

I take the long way from Dallas to Houston just to go to Czech Stop :)

If you ever drive 71 from Austin to I-10 then you need to try Hruska's in Ellinger, TX. They are a great bakery (located in a convenience store) and have some good Kolaches and other baked goods.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    From DFW Area. Been here for the last 29 years!!! it is home :drinker: lived here longer than where I was born & raised:bigsmile:
    Any Mexican Food is my downfall :blushing:
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    SO GOOD

Absolutely. However, I always have to take a detour off I-35 and hit the ORIGINAL Cooper's in Llano. Between that and Schoepf's in Belton, there is no better cooked BBQ in the state. The sauce at both leaves something to be desired, but I always have some Rudy's available. Rudy's BBQ sauce + Cooper's/Schoepf's BBQ = perfection

Barbecue sauce is bad for barbecue :)
  • brianyeager
    Options
    Triple meat, triple cheese... Bigger in Texas. Checking in from El Paso. With all the big burgers, steaks, etc. we have here it is surely hard to eat out and not be HUGE. However, the best BIG part of Texas is in Arlington (Go Boys).
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Agnostic vegan in DFW. I work in Fort Worth, so... yeah, it's a little weird. I just try to keep my mouth shut...

I lack the ability to keep my mouth shut :laugh:
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    Dallas. It's hard when the only fun places to go serve buffets! lol.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me as a friend. I am in a small hill country town from Texas called Utopia!!

Just over from Garner State Park. One of the state parks I haven't been to yet. I think I'll wait until school is back in before I camp there.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Apple Valley, Ca....I've driven through Texas.

if that counts, I was in Houston once and some crazy religious lady tried to convert me from my heathen ways, she wasn't happy with my answers so she said I was going to hell and walked away, I love Texas lol

try being an atheist living in TX:grumble: im surprised I haven't been burned at the stake yet
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Is there some kind of junk food militia force feeding you?

Why would being from a certain state make you eat it? Healthy eating is just as easy.

* self-righteous mode on*

No militia.. lol But it does make it difficult when there are about 30 "bad" fast food places to every one place like Subway. It requires a LOT of preparation for road trips, for a day out or whatever. Even tiny towns in East Texas have a McDonalds', a sonic, a Burger King, three pizza places, a Whataburger, a Braums, a Dairy Queen, a Jack in the Box... and others.. We have as many fast food places as we have Baptist churches!!

That being said - I'm from East Texas- and my weakness is Pizza. Feel free to add! :)

ehhh. I'm from a small town, full of restaurants and fast food, and not a single healthy place. And I still do good. Cook your own food. It goes a long way.

Also, I have whataburger every once in a while, but that's because I don't hate myself.

I cook nightly- and I am prepared when I know I will be away for a day or more. I was just pointing out that it IS more challenging with all the junk food out there. And it's easy enough for me to abstain - I can see where it can be a challenge though. I have two kiddo's so I want them to eat healthy too, therefore I do all our meals at home. IF we do eat out, it's at a subway. I have a healthy version of just about every "weakness" food for us. And they taste better and aren't super-highly processed either. :)
  • bjams26
    bjams26 Posts: 7
    Options
  • AngelicValkyrie
    Options
    It's hard to avoid junk food when it is in every corner. :( I hope to be friends that will support!

DFW here
    Dallas Fort Worth Area

Feel free to add me
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I used to live in TX in Houston - I found it difficult to stay away from tex mex -_-" Lol
  • bjams26
    bjams26 Posts: 7
    Options
    SO GOOD

Great Kolaches. A "must stop" any time you travel I-35 from Austin to Dallas. And again on the return trip.

Omg stop. Lol. First Round Rock Donuts and now the Czech Stop. Don't go to the latter often, but if we/family passes it we have to stop for kolaches. Well, we don't HAVE to, but we do. :)
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dallas, TX here! Born & raised, but wishing I could get away from this heat (and all the deliciously terrible food options).
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Just read whats in fast food... that should keep you away from it!

If not just remember how much you like back fat and tummy bulge!

And remember, YOU are in control!

Its Texas, they can't read.

zing.jpg

Nice suit bro.
    That reminds me. How many Fortune 500s are based in Dallas?
    Not to mention Bell Helicopter. Between them and all the soldiers from Texas you can thank us for your freedom :).

Wait, Texas can claim credit for the Army since there are bases there? My cousin was in 1st Cav...he was born and raised in PA.