ITS ALWAYS BIGGER IN TEXAS. Anyone from Texas?

Options

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm in TX! If anyone would like to add me, feel free!! How many chains started in TX??

TX roadhouse
    Dairy Queen
    Bush's chicken
    Dr. Pepper, not a chain, but anyway...
    Rudy's
    Sea Island Shrimp House
    7-11

any others??
    HEB
    Shinner beer
    Taco cabana
    Churches chicken
    Jim's resturant
    Big red
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Dallas I can avoid almost everything but ice cream
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Houstonian here, anyone feel free to add me. I have too many temptations to add here, but Chips and Salsa are definetly hard to avoid in Texas. They are served at breakfast, lunch and dinner and I could eat them just as many times.
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What's always bigger in Texas?

Egos?

you_are_correct_sir1367426331.jpg

Haha nice!
  • hafbreed02
    Options
    South Texas here....I rarely fiend for junk food because I eat it ALL in moderation on my cheat days.....beer would at the top of my list.....followed by pizza, & chocolate! haha
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Y'all knock it off with the drug talk up in here!! People are trying to avoid their food triggers, mkay?! :tongue:

Here in Austin, we take our fitness real serious, but we still have the portion problems of everywhere else.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just read whats in fast food... that should keep you away from it!

If not just remember how much you like back fat and tummy bulge!

And remember, YOU are in control!

Its Texas, they can't read.

zing.jpg

Nice suit bro.
    That reminds me. How many Fortune 500s are based in Dallas?
    Not to mention Bell Helicopter. Between them and all the soldiers from Texas you can thank us for your freedom :).

Wait, Texas can claim credit for the Army since there are bases there? My cousin was in 1st Cav...he was born and raised in PA.

Enough of our folks join the military to keep America settled twice over.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm from Houston (well, I live in the suburb of Katy). I have learned to resist the temptations of unhealthy food during the week. I might binge on Saturday but only in small doses. Anyone here can add me. I'd love to have more local friends.
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Central Texas-Lake Belton!

Texas does have some really good eats, but I like to think of all the things like:

Poteet Strawberries,
    Fredricksburg Peaches and Wine,
    Luling Watermelon.

You can eat all the RR donuts (yes they are wonderful) and other stuff that got us here but I like to think of Texas
    and all the wonderfully natural things we have!

BTW I went to Schoep's BBQ last week and got their smoked Turkey and beans to take home and eat with healthier options.
    Not that they don't have great sides but that would defeat the purpose for being here. :)
  • rachellangdon1974
    rachellangdon1974 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Not from Texas, but the Army moved us here in 2001 and we stayed :) Corpus Christi.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'd probably weigh about 300lbs if I still lived in Texas. Whataburger, Chef Point Cafe, Babe's fried chicken, Angelo's bbq, Czech Stop, Amy's Ice Cream, Austin food trucks, Blue Sky burgers, etc. It's not the food that's really the problem. It's that no one does anything physical in TX. They all just sit inside with the air conditioning and drink coke.

Move to Colorado. We're fitter here because we all love to get out and be active before we gorge on delicious food.

Pffft. I'm in Texas and have been my whole life. I'm extremely active. I don't need to move to hippie-ville for that.

:laugh: No need to get huffy. I was born and raised in Texas. I only speak from experience. The only place in Texas I've ever been to where there is an active community is in Austin and Austin just happens to be TX hippie-ville. Good for you for going against the majority.
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd probably weigh about 300lbs if I still lived in Texas. Whataburger, Chef Point Cafe, Babe's fried chicken, Angelo's bbq, Czech Stop, Amy's Ice Cream, Austin food trucks, Blue Sky burgers, etc. It's not the food that's really the problem. It's that no one does anything physical in TX. They all just sit inside with the air conditioning and drink coke.

Move to Colorado. We're fitter here because we all love to get out and be active before we gorge on delicious food.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-fattest-and-fittest-states
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    born and raised near Amarillo. Currently live in arizona.

And yes, the southern raising has definitely been negative to the nutrition aspect of this.. especially having discovered i am sensitive to a lot of those foods i was raised on...
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hotter than Hell Houston!!

Triggers are Doritos, or HEB version. And anything Tex-Mex.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    One of the funniest things I find about my home town of Houston Texas. You can go to a "Chinese" buffett and get served buffalo wings, fried catfish, pizza, fried okra, tacos and Texas Toast. lol
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Central Texas-Lake Belton!

Texas does have some really good eats, but I like to think of all the things like:

Poteet Strawberries,
    Fredricksburg Peaches and Wine,
    Luling Watermelon.

You can eat all the RR donuts (yes they are wonderful) and other stuff that got us here but I like to think of Texas
    and all the wonderfully natural things we have!

BTW I went to Schoep's BBQ last week and got their smoked Turkey and beans to take home and eat with healthier options.
    Not that they don't have great sides but that would defeat the purpose for being here. :)

You forgot Pecos Cantaloupes, some of the sweetest I've ever had the pleasure to eat.

And there is a BBQ joint in Austin, Franklin BBQ, that is rumored to be the best. I know that people line up before they open and that they sell out pretty quickly. One day I'll get out to try it and see if it's as good as people rave about.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Pffft. I'm in Texas and have been my whole life. I'm extremely active. I don't need to move to hippie-ville for that.

:laugh: No need to get huffy. I was born and raised in Texas. I only speak from experience. The only place in Texas I've ever been to where there is an active community is in Austin and Austin just happens to be TX hippie-ville. Good for you for going against the majority.

Dallas has a pretty fit community. We have fatties, too, but who doesn't?
  • BobSleeved
    BobSleeved Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dallas here. I love me some Whataburger!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Lived in Texas a few years back.....I totally miss a Whataburger every once in awhile.
  • piersons
    piersons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Houston... born and raised. I love Tex-Mex, BBQ beef baked potatoes, funnel cake, carnival/rodeo food!