tattoo enthusiasts?

Options

Replies

• detroitcupcake
    detroitcupcake Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm a tattoo artist and have approx 70%body coverage(approx 200 tattoos) and would not waste my time doing an all white tattoo,you would at least need some kind of pale grey outline to keep it visible and not just fade into a pale mush over time.but wouldnt recommed it even then.we only really use white to add suble highlights on black and grey pieces.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have two, one on my shoulder, it's a gerber daisy with swirls, hard to explain but I LOVE it, one larger one on my side, with two butterflies, I like the look of it, but want to tinker with it a bit to make it a little prettier.

Have plans for a few new ones, 1st will probably get this Dec is an old style Mickey and Minnie tattoo on the back of my leg, will be my first black and white one. Also am really wanting to add to my shoulder one extensively but my tattoo artist lives on the other side of the country so can only get it done when I go to visit, eventually would love to see it extend from right shoulder, down the back to the left lower back/hip area.

Wish I could be brave enough to do a half sleeve but I don't think I could pull it off.
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a few small religious and musical symbols on me now and am designing a few larger pieces. I love body art and think that the human body is a beautiful canvas.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yay for tattooed people!!!! Have an Alice in Wonderland half sleeve, a mid sized upper back Angelique Houtecamp styled piece, two traditional swallows on my collar bones, my bass players stamp on my inner fore arm , my cherry bomb pirate on my right foot, and several more in various spots people don't get to see LOL!!! Working on getting the rose on my sternum redone but it hurt so damn much the first time I am hesitant :blushing:

I love ink, I am proud of my ink, and I just turned 40...is that weird??
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have 2!! I got my first one at the age of 40 two roses entwine ont my upper back a fairly big piece. I want to add two butterflies and a dragon fly to represent my grown children. I have a simple butterfly on my left front shoulder, it represents my transformation of fitness.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I have five and I'm planning to get more. I love them!!
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Mine can be seen on my pic. Two arm designs. Left is a family crest of my own design using my family initials. Right is an angel with the folds of it's robes forming the initials of my sister and father who have both passed on.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have a good amount on me and many,many more in the works. i have an ankle cover up that is almost done and I am starting on a chest piece hopefully this weekend.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Yay for tattooed people!!!! Have an Alice in Wonderland half sleeve, a mid sized upper back Angelique Houtecamp styled piece, two traditional swallows on my collar bones, my bass players stamp on my inner fore arm , my cherry bomb pirate on my right foot, and several more in various spots people don't get to see LOL!!! Working on getting the rose on my sternum redone but it hurt so damn much the first time I am hesitant :blushing:

I love ink, I am proud of my ink, and I just turned 40...is that weird??
    Can you post a pick of your Alice in Wonderland half sleeve? Would love to see that!! :)
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have five currently and I'm wanting to get my thigh done when I lose some weight.
    1. Padlocked heart on my chest
    2. Key on my wrist
    3. Peacock feather on my foot (hurtttttt.)
    4. Scissors behind my ear
    5. Huge owl on my right upper arm.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    this is my most recent tat. I plan on getting my forearms done *when lots of money magically appears out of the sky*

9730_194343122032_2445340_n.jpg
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos currently designing some more ... CANT WAIT for more!

1. rose on my foot
    2. scorpion on my hip ... go Scopios!
    3. Tribal phoenix on my left rib
    4. Kanji Cherry blossom on my right rib
    5 Kanji "Patience" on my left wrist
    6. Kanji "Love" on my back
    7 Memorial for my dad on my right shoulder ... the most precious of all!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have 6. And of course I want more. Next, I want a half sleeve. :)
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have never got one but I figure when I'm at my goal weight I would get.

http://platinumpapers.com/wallpapers/Dragon-heart.jpg

representing me and my hubby and in the heart my son name full name and birthday

(picture was big so you would have to go to the link)
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm a tat virgin but want one when I'm down to my goal size. I always wanted on on my upper thigh although we'll see how it goes. Tattoos are beautiful...most anyway...
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have 4 and would like more. My first i got on my 30th birthday when i was at 140lbs down. I had changed my whole life so i identified with the butterfly. i got it on the side of my neck as i wanted EVERYONE to be able to see it. it was something i was proud of....i was a butterfly too! then i got a large rose on my shoulder blade. that was a bonding one. me, my sister and my mom all got it. we have our initials under it. strongest bond in the world for me is to my mom and sister. they helped me through so much and this was our mothers day gift to mom. next i got a large pin up girl tattoo on my calf because i want to be sexy like a pin up girl. they motivate me. last i got a memorial tattoo for my dad. he always called me tortugita which means little turtle in spanish. so i have 2 turtles on the top of my foot. 1 for him. 1 for me.
    i want more. i want something for my kids. i'm thinking something star and moon related because i have always told them i love them to stars and moon and back forever and ever no matter what. it's a line we have always said to each other. i also want a cupcake on my inner right wrist with the number 370 under it. that is my reward for reaching my goal of losing 220lbs. cupcakes and the like got me to where i was at....370lbs. i want it there so everytime i raise my hand to put food in my mouth, i'll see it. also it has to be a cupcake because i am a cake decorator too lol. i do want more than that but those are the ones that are on the agenda at this time.
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    My gyno hates them so does my christian fam, but to me tattoos tell a story about you, it also says that you're fun, open minded and accepting of others just as they are. There's a little bad *kitten* inside me too, lol. I'm already an organ donor and donating parts to science so why not do whatever the heck I want with the rest.
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    I don't know what it is...it's so painful, but I think I secretly love pain. I have both tats and piercings and most are hidden. I have three tattoos - left hip, right thigh, and right foot. Two are astrological symbols - Libra for me on my foot, and Gemini and Cancer mix for my two daughters. I'm sure I'll get one more down my left side (from below armpit to hip) because that's what I have in mind, but not sure what yet and I need to tone a bit more for that.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a love potion no. 9 on my shoulder, pi and phi on my inner wrists, an anchor, nautical stars and swallows on my belly, my daughter's name and the muladhara chakra on my lower back, and wings on my back as well. :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo a year ago,i now have 5.
    th_391194_10200480021541732_1924033079_n_zps53ba96ed.jpg
    th_tat_zps37f18600.jpg
    th_643865_4723296599029_139174621_n_zpsb5d4f34d.jpg